SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:38 PM
"ya can't get hurt in the air"
United States, NY, Cazenovia
Joined Oct 2009
192 Posts
Russ, I use Flitemax 2200 3cell 20c. My timer is set for 10:00, no problem. They fit perfect with no carving and no velcro.
King Pin is offline Find More Posts by King Pin
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:18 AM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,485 Posts
Gary / King Pin ....

Thanks for the help !!

I will go with the Aurora 9 .. have read some great reviews on the Aurora 9 in Radio Forums.

Also, thanks for the scoop on the LiPo's .. have had terriffic luck with Max Amps, so I will get their 3S 2250 MaH packs .. the bummer is .. they are out 3 weeks on those !!!

Thanks again guys .. ordering an Aurora 9 / Rx / no servos ( have zillions of those ) and Beaver # 2 ( Pre / Backorder ) right now .. will save $45.00 and free freight .. not too shabby ?!?

Russ
MiniBoy is offline Find More Posts by MiniBoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:18 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pin View Post
Thanks Paul, you are talking about the plastic covers and not the bulb itself, right?
Ouf! that thread is going too fast
The LED itself but not the top part were its magnified , just a very light sanding to make it slightly dull.
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:22 AM
"ya can't get hurt in the air"
United States, NY, Cazenovia
Joined Oct 2009
192 Posts
GOT IT!!!!!!!! thanks Paul, sometimes it takes me a wile but I usually end up getting it
King Pin is offline Find More Posts by King Pin
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:01 AM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,441 Posts
Going flying again today.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:39 PM
United States, CT, Bristol
Joined Feb 2013
77 Posts
I made some P&W stickers today and applied the to the engine cowl.I think the came out ok. Also put one on the prop.
[ATTACH]Name: Pw-eagle-logo-graphic.jpg
Views: 95
Size: 15.6 KB
Description: [/ATTACH]
stumpi is online now Find More Posts by stumpi
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:49 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpi View Post
I made some P&W stickers today and applied the to the engine cowl.I think the came out ok. Also put one on the prop.
[ATTACH]Attachment 5514029[/ATTACH]
Nice, are they printed in color on clear film?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:52 PM
Joined Feb 2013
77 Posts
Quote:
Nice, are they printed in color on clear film?
yes on Avery 18664 Clear Address Labels.I'll post a pic soon
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:05 PM
Joined Feb 2013
77 Posts
Name: PW on cowl.jpg
Views: 99
Size: 64.1 KB
Description: Pratt&Whitney Sticker
I may try them on white as the orange bleeds through.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:27 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpi View Post
Attachment 5514056
I may try them on white as the orange bleeds through.
Looks good, thats what I was doing before I got my Thermal printer.
I was sticking them on a white sticker first then once applied I would apply a clear coat or a clear sticker on top of it.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:19 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Looks good, thats what I was doing before I got my Thermal printer.
I was sticking them on a white sticker first then once applied I would apply a clear coat or a clear sticker on top of it.
What kind of thermal printer do you use. I had an Alps printer for years, loved it for making decals, especially since it could print white.
They are hard to find in the U S now.

Jim
WVrailfan is offline Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:26 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan View Post
What kind of thermal printer do you use. I had an Alps printer for years, loved it for making decals, especially since it could print white.
They are hard to find in the U S now.

Jim
The one I have is a brother QL-700 and it prints on clear label film but not in color. the quality is very good like a picture in black and white
Just that the film is very expensive .
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:08 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
Another 2 flights today with the (rudder to aileron) mix. I'm afraid that it worked , but I am masking the real problem instead of fixing it. I too don't enjoy flying in the wind.

A couple of questions to the beaver flyers:

Do you'all have to "hold the turn in" ?
and Do you have to "unturn" it even on a shallow bank?

I find that my beaver requires a LOT of stick action and I don't think it should be that much work to fly it. It is "hard" to fly. Even harder than all of my higher skill level planes.

Still working on it. Diagnosing it somewhat fun. I learn best this way.
A very nice flight today with better visibility and very little breeze. It was like night and day difference. I still had my mix programmed , but at least it was flyable with the mix turned OFF. It flies about as good as I remember it with the wheels on.

Nice thing is that I didn't have to hold the turn in at all AND didn't have to unturn it if I didn't want to.

I did figure out a bit of my problem to be a rudder that doesn't center at exactly the same spot every time AND a little slop in the rudder itself. I will possibly have to bend that metal tang next time I have the rudder off so that it engages further and has zero slop.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:09 PM
United States, OH, Sylvania
Joined Apr 2012
46 Posts
today was the first time i tried flying off snow. went well. This was the third and final flight of the day. Matt
beaver off of snow, 2-6-13 (4 min 31 sec)
mkrochmaln is offline Find More Posts by mkrochmaln
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:59 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Nice job, nice video. Pretty easy to see that yours doesn't pitch up at all in the turns. I think mine is the only one that and after some more checking I decided to move the balance point forward to 2" instead of 2-3/16". I also found that the right wing was a bit light and now made the right wing just a tick heavy. Hopefully these two changes will allow me to remove another 50 clicks of aileron trim and will lessen the nose pitching up when rolling.

Today's flight was so nice I wished I'd had time to do more. Don't tell anyone , but I now have 3sx4.4 for extra long flights. I do recall one plane acting like mine does and was of (maybe a futaba or Hobbico) pilot flying from a water pool inside a building. His plane pitched up a LOT in the turns , I figured it was done on purpose.

Found it at the 2 minute mark , this is the way mine looks when turning. Is this pilot applying right rudder to make it do that? For me and my skills it spells disaster. My band aid is to apply left rudder , of course it takes lots of elevator too. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1034
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Last edited by gulio; Feb 06, 2013 at 07:13 PM.