HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:13 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeaver View Post
Looks awesome! Mine arrived at the lhs, so I will be picking it up next week. What spinner are you using?
This is a spinner from the parkzone T-28

Doing some door panel lines now , looking good
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:51 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post
You're right...

The kV is on the cover of the instruction manual (850kV). But wanting to experiment, you probably would like to know the current limits. Hmm, I'll try to dig those out from my records...

Tim
Thanks! Any info would be great!
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:09 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,355 Posts
Work goes on
I decided to cut the rear left door to install my spectrum receiver and do a clean job on the wires.
I wont install the back seats again.

The receiver is in saranwrap then foam off the floor so unless the plane fills up with water the RX wont get wet at all.

Now nothing in the way of the Battery and ESC
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:52 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,355 Posts
Getting there, tail is done, controls adjusted .
I did move the link on the elevator servo arm to the fartest hole I like to have max defflection and reduce it from radio if needed.
Now I will install the wings and adjust the ailerons and flaps.

Now I know why its a problem to paint this plane.
It has some kind of a waxy film on the foam so the paint doesn't stick and peels off easy.
Would need to sand the foam.
I will test on little pieces of foam that is the same as the plane.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:48 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,355 Posts
Here is a small video of the flap deflection I get now with the longer servo arm.

Beaver-Flaps-1 (0 min 23 sec)
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:57 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,403 Posts
Does anyone know exactly where I can purchase a longer servo arm to fit the stock flap servo so I can get more flap travel?

Thank you!
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:32 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Rude of Electrifly/Great Planes to only offer models that are either RTF or with RX only. They should all be offered RxR.

While I can see their need to increase their bind and fly market penetration, forcing folks to use their link or suffer some financial cost loses them some customers, even with the free link offer.

I can see it on the low cost micros like the Triplane or the Albatross, but forcing the customer to use their link on larger models does not work for me.

I did get a free link with my Flyzone Albatross, but have no desire to use it with a larger model. Much prefer my Spektrum radios

I was interested in the recent Electrifly Gee Bee until I found it was TxR only. Same feelings about the Beaver and I will have the same feelings about any future models larger than a micro that is offered TxR only.

Come on, GreatPlanes...do the right thing and offer your product to a larger marketplace without penalty.
Yea i read in their fine print it wont work with my dx-7 either.It looks like Great planes does not need my 200 bucks either . Even if they sold it with out a reciever and lowered the price to reflect it i might have bought one but I think some times the war between greatplanes/tower and horizon hobbys gets in the way of tower and commen sence. OH WELL . joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:36 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Nice work Paul, I like the door cut out. That gains a lot of access to the cabin. Might have to do that to mine eventually.

I will be following you guys that mod and detail this baby up, but I'm going to leave mine pretty much the way it is as all my float flying experiences (limited) have required the use of the rescue boat .
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:38 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
Does anyone know exactly where I can purchase a longer servo arm to fit the stock flap servo so I can get more flap travel?

Thank you!
If I can't find an arm to fit I will cut the end off a longer arm and glue / screw it on top the original arm to extend it.
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:01 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
6,976 Posts
Out of the hundreds of servo arms I have, I've only found one. If I find any extras, I'll be sure to share them with everyone here.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:07 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post

Thank you!
The servo arm I have is from X-Heli this is the one
http://www.xheli.com/exi-servo-d213f.html
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:11 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,355 Posts
Some prop test I just did with what I had for it.

This is only static ground testing

Original prop 12x6x2 ,,,,, 26 amp 300watt blades are wider then the APC
APC 12x6x2 ,,,,, 23 amp 255watt
APC 11x5.5x2 ,,,,,,,, 18 amp 210watt
APC 11x7x2 ,,,,,,, 21 amp 240watt
MAS 9x7x3 ,,,,, 15 amp 180watt
Graupner 10x7x3 ,,,,,, 22 amp 250watt
MAS 11x6x3 ,,,,,, on order still
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:45 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,993 Posts
Krproton

Can you tell me if the speed controller has low voltage cut off set for 3 cell lipos?
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Last edited by Tom Smith; Oct 06, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:19 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Aug 2004
32 Posts
I could not find a servo arm to fit. I cut an arm from another servo and put a screw through the clevis hole of the old arm into a clevis hole on the new half arm with some ca bettwen them. Moved the clevis out 2 holes from stock and cut a little foam from the flaps to clear the pushrod. If you are extending the stock arm I found I had to add the new arm under the old arm or the top of the clevis was very close to hitting the wing spars. This gives 45 deg of travel.
GeoffH is offline Find More Posts by GeoffH
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:57 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
I could not find a servo arm to fit. I cut an arm from another servo and put a screw through the clevis hole of the old arm into a clevis hole on the new half arm with some ca bettwen them. Moved the clevis out 2 holes from stock and cut a little foam from the flaps to clear the pushrod. If you are extending the stock arm I found I had to add the new arm under the old arm or the top of the clevis was very close to hitting the wing spars. This gives 45 deg of travel.
Were there's a will there's a way
good work