SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:00 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Last edited by ClosedAccount; Jun 16, 2014 at 12:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:07 PM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{} View Post
My 3S 2250mAh Pulse batteries are about 1" thick by 1.25" wide by 4.25" long. I get about 8-10 minutes flight time off of those, too.
Thanks Steve .. did you have to do much "carving" to get them to fit ??

Russ
MiniBoy is online now Find More Posts by MiniBoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:11 PM
Joined Dec 2008
345 Posts
Quote:
From what I understand, Anylink is meant for micros and park flyers, so I think they went a little overboard putting out in a plane that has such a large wingspan. That said, it seems that most manufacturers under estimate their range (unlike wireless access point and RF remote manufacturers) but I still wouldn't trust exceeding that 1000' limitation. That was one of the reasons that I pulled out the stock RX and put in a Spektrum RX.
Steve-I have seen in earlier posts that a few people are also switching out the RX, but haven't seen just how difficult it is to do this since it's suppose to be in tight quarters. Did you have much trouble doing the switch? I'm asking because I'm planning on doing what you did as soon as TH's gets them in stock again.

BTW. Since I haven't seen any pictures of the RX, just where is it located anyway.

Bob
thinman is offline Find More Posts by thinman
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:15 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
The original RX was just loose inside. I'll post some pictures of where I put mine later.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:15 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:32 PM
Joined Dec 2008
345 Posts
Thanks Steve. Good to know it's not that difficult.

Would enjoy seeing your pic's also micro.

Bob
thinman is offline Find More Posts by thinman
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:46 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
I mounted the RX in the channel opposite of the ESC, and the satellite on the servo tray. Both are secured with double-sided tape.

Sorry for the low quality pictures, they were taken with my iPod - couldn't find the good camera.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:10 PM
Joined Feb 2003
2,493 Posts
Quote:
I didn't have to do any carving. They slide right up into the battery hole no
problem.
Thanks, Steve ...

Glad to hear that info ....

Russ
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:00 PM
Canada, SK, Division No. 6
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBoy View Post
From searching this thread, I am under the impression that 2200 / 2250 MaH 3S LiPo's are the limit for the size of the Beaver battery bay ? Could someone please report the dimensions of this size pack .. have to order some packs ..

Also, has anyone had good results with Hitec Optic 6 or Aurora 7 - 2.4 GHz radios ? Am partial to Hitec, but could switch to Spectrum, if held hostage .. LOL .. Gotta update from 72 Mhz 4 channel equipment ..

Thanks for your help,

Russ

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I have been using my Aurora 9 radio for the past 3 years and am very happy with it. It has a lot more programing capability than I will ever use.
Gary
Saskford is offline Find More Posts by Saskford
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:53 PM
Joined Feb 2003
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskford View Post
I have been using my Aurora 9 radio for the past 3 years and am very happy with it. It has a lot more programing capability than I will ever use.
Gary
Thanks, Gary:

At 115 years old, will I be able to use mostly default settings and just be able to assign flaps to a slider / knob, and maybe a little mixing / expo without having to go for a college course on how to set this radio up ??

At my age, the learning curve takes too much time .. have to do this the "Quick & Easy" way .. ??

Thanks for your input,

Russ
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:06 PM
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Gary:

At 115 years old, will I be able to use mostly default settings and just be able to assign flaps to a slider / knob, and maybe a little mixing / expo without having to go for a college course on how to set this radio up ??

At my age, the learning curve takes too much time .. have to do this the "Quick & Easy" way .. ??

Thanks for your input,

Russ
The learning curve can be steep but if I can do it anyone can. The manual covers everything fairly well and the basic functions are intuitive. I just set up flaps on a plane for the first time today and it didn't take too long. They have two positions and deploy and retract nice and slow. I will use the same setup when I get around to assembling my Beaver.
Gary
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:00 PM
Joined Feb 2003
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskford View Post
The learning curve can be steep but if I can do it anyone can. The manual covers everything fairly well and the basic functions are intuitive. I just set up flaps on a plane for the first time today and it didn't take too long. They have two positions and deploy and retract nice and slow. I will use the same setup when I get around to assembling my Beaver.
Gary
Saskford .. that is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear ! .. What Brand / Model radio are you speaking of ??

Russ
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Saskford .. that is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear ! .. What Brand / Model radio are you speaking of ??

Russ
Mine is the Hitec Aurora 9.
Gary
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:33 PM
"ya can't get hurt in the air"
United States, NY, Cazenovia
Joined Oct 2009
192 Posts
Russ, if you like Hitec you will love the Aurora 9, very easy to use and the people there are great.
King Pin is offline Find More Posts by King Pin