HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:30 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
Greg, Paul - Hope this isn't too far off topic as it applies to something we're looking to do with our planes. Would love to see some footage like this with the Beaver - especially the take-off! The second video is a "making of" video of the first one and shows some of the challenges you (or we) might face!

http://vimeo.com/1788614 http://vimeo.com/3397331

These are on You Tube also but I think the vimeo videos are a bit clearer, just let them que up before you start. ~ Robin
I did something similar with my Icon A5, I had my contour Cam in my Icon and was following my friends Icon.
Not easy to say in view when its not real FPV with goggles but it gives a different perspective.
I want to do it with the beaver but my Beaver in front of the camera this time

Icon-chase-2-clip (3 min 27 sec)
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:31 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSHGNGT View Post
http://youtu.be/CigWxDTNafU

This was my second attempt with the gopro on the plane. I removed the top hatch and built a replacement out of light ply and used two reusable zip ties to secure it to the spars. I added 3/4 ounce of lead to the tail to get correct cg but I think the camera and lead are a little too much for the airframe. It made for an interesting flight.
Good flight video , very stable .
I guess at the nose over, the top of the rudder must of took a hit.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:11 AM
Sweden, Stockholm County, Vaxholm
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodirt View Post
You're welome. I think it's closer to ours than the others. It flies close but not quite the same. I had to add a bunch of aileron differential and expo in the program easy model settings and it seems to land a bit too easy. It just kind of "sticks" the landing where ours would bounce.

You're welcome also. I have not found a Beaver on floats yet. There is a much larger, gas powered version on ski's but it is nothing like our Flyzone.
Yes, after a trial I added some diff and expo too to the ailerons and rudder, after that its quite easy to fly, on the Clearview simulator that is
( Rudder rate 50 expo -30 Ailerons rate 50 expo -30 )
I fly mainly on "summer day 4"

/ / Hans
Stregax is offline Find More Posts by Stregax
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:30 AM
United States, CT, Bristol
Joined Feb 2013
76 Posts
Howdy folks,new guy here.I just came home with the beav.Starting the build today.This is my first plane in some 15 years,getting back into it.I have been flying it on the sim so I hope it should be a reallatively easy transition.I like all the mods you guys are doing,they look great.I have an outfitter friend up in Paul-RC 's neck of the woods and may paint it to match his.I will be flying on a DX6i and wondered if anybody had a set up that is tame.Wish me luck of we go.
stumpi is online now Find More Posts by stumpi
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:36 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpi View Post
Howdy folks,new guy here.I just came home with the beav.Starting the build today.This is my first plane in some 15 years,getting back into it.I have been flying it on the sim so I hope it should be a reallatively easy transition.I like all the mods you guys are doing,they look great.I have an outfitter friend up in Paul-RC 's neck of the woods and may paint it to match his.I will be flying on a DX6i and wondered if anybody had a set up that is tame.Wish me luck of we go.
Welcome back to RC Stumpi and welcome to this great Beaver thread
You will really like it for shure.
Going out to fly now myself since its nice out , well it stopped snowing and calm wind .
Will see if I get to my flying site before it gets worst
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:14 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,368 Posts
Just what I thought, by the time I walked to my flying site the wind was blowing like crazy
Oh well , maybe in the evening.
So I just played around taking pictures again ........like I dont have enough pictures already, but this time I got a better camera and I'm just learning to use it.
So what better subject then a Beaver
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:54 AM
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
Quote:
Are you using the Clearview simulator ?
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:08 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stregax View Post
Are you using the Clearview simulator ?
Must be the Real Flight sim because there are a bunch of Beavers there even the Flyzone Beaver
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:15 AM
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Must be the Real Flight sim because there are a bunch of Beavers there even the Flyzone Beaver
Ah, you mean the "SHENG TENG" Beaver

Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:48 AM
United States, CT, Bristol
Joined Feb 2013
76 Posts
Ive got the pheonix.It has the Eflite beaver ,should be close enough,,,I hope. Were did you guys put your reciever?
stumpi is online now Find More Posts by stumpi
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:53 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Last edited by ClosedAccount; Jun 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:53 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Ive got the pheonix.It has the Eflite beaver ,should be close enough,,,I hope. Were did you guys put your reciever?
Here is were I have the receiver in both my Beaver's
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:07 PM
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
Paul, is there a good technique for getting the wings off? I guess I'm worried about breaking the plastic tabs.

Thanks
Andy in Ottawa
Andy__L is offline Find More Posts by Andy__L
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:11 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__L View Post
Paul, is there a good technique for getting the wings off? I guess I'm worried about breaking the plastic tabs.

Thanks
Andy in Ottawa
Hi Andy

Actually you dont need to apply much pressure on the tabs to realease the wing.
I find it hard to press both tab at the same time I have small hands .
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:25 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,368 Posts
9 min of pure pleasure , a new video on Beavers has been uploaded

De Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver Compilation (8 min 51 sec)