HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:16 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__L View Post
Thanks for the info Tim....still a learning curve on the electrics here for me I get to go pick mine up at noon today woooohoooo
Surely!

In the back of the manual I also wrote a little bit about using a flight timer and estimating and calculating flight time. More food for thought to bring you a little more up-to-speed.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:03 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Flew 7 packs yesterday(Lectron 2200 50c), on wheels. For some reason had to add, I thought, more right aileron trim than I should have had too, but WOW, what an cool flying plane. Seemed a little skittish coming in with flaps, but overall, in my short RC flight career, this plane, and my Flyzone Super Cub, are my favorites to date.....
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan View Post
I used the Tamiya bare metal silver spray. It did a very good job of duplicating polished aluminum.
Did you use any type of primer before applying the silver, how many cans of silver did you use (they look like small cans)?

Thanks!
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:18 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post
If memory serves me correctly, the motor pulls only like 20A MAXIMUM at full-throttle airborne.
It's a little weird that Hobbico doesn't provide any specs for these motors, it's useful information in case we want to change props/motors/ESC...
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:26 AM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Doesn't this plane seem like a "big Sensei" with more power? (for those who have the sensei) It's larger, lighter, and has more power, right?
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:02 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
Doesn't this plane seem like a "big Sensei" with more power? (for those who have the sensei) It's larger, lighter, and has more power, right?
Hi guys!

Yesterday afternoon, and right before they closed, I visited BOB's Hobby Center here in Orlando, Florida and they allowed me to inspect this wonderful looking Flyzone Beaver All I can say is:

WONDERFUL!

To answer your question, the Beaver "is" a scale Airplane Model and even though it might have a more powerful motor (at this point, I really have not looked into any comparisons) the SENSEI is able to fly very well if you consider changing out the STOCK 10 X 5 Propeller and consider the Park Zone 9.5 X 7.5 that most of the Park Zone models come with and assuming a fresh 3-Cell, 2200mAH, 25 Discharge (Minimum), Li-POLY such as the Turnigy brand.

I have seen the Beaver in action up in the FlyZone Video web site and it flys totally different than the larger and floaty SENSEI. Also, in comparing the two models the wings are attached to the FUSE in a totally different manner, Beaver to keep the Scale Lines are installed using Carbon Tubes through the FUSE.

I own the SENSEI and the Beaver will be my next purchase when I get paid again next Friday!!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
This is real nice flying for a model that is dificult to fly scale, good job

This E-Flite is nice looking but like many other Beaver models they dont look the way they should but the Flyzone Beaver is like they miniaturised the real one
I dont mind that its foam as long as it looks the way it should and fly well

Today is the day I finally pick up mine

Darn its only 5am now
Did you get it yet? I'm almost done with my painting.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:55 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Did you get it yet? I'm almost done with my painting.
Got it got it and its perfect, not a dent , not a scratch , not a chip no peeling any where and all the parts are there.

I even found a servo arm for the flaps that came from a smal MG servo from X-Heli that my friend had so we took them and tried it on his and we got real good flaps deflection.
I will also still look in my servo part boxes just to see if I also have some .
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:45 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,908 Posts
My bad....

An omission in the instruction manual on my part...

The leftover wire assemblies are for scale-like float wires. They are not required. Should you decide to attach the wires anyway, use the leftover M2.5 x 8 screws to attach the hooks as shown in the images--first attach the one to the top of the wing strut, then attach the other ends to whichever holes in the floats provide a little tension.

Tim
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:50 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post
My bad....

An omission in the instruction manual on my part...

The leftover wire assemblies are for scale-like float wires. They are not required. Should you decide to attach the wires anyway, use the leftover M2.5 x 8 screws to attach the hooks as shown in the images--first attach the one to the top of the wing strut, then attach the other ends to whichever holes in the floats provide a little tension.

Tim
Thanks Timmah!
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:57 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
It's a little weird that Hobbico doesn't provide any specs for these motors, it's useful information in case we want to change props/motors/ESC...
You're right...

The kV is on the cover of the instruction manual (850kV). But wanting to experiment, you probably would like to know the current limits. Hmm, I'll try to dig those out from my records...

Tim
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:58 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Thanks Timmah!
Surely.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:41 PM
Taildragger Pilot
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Nov 2010
45 Posts
Finally!

LHS just informed me that mine has "landed."
Gonna pick her up tomorrow...if it flys as well and as long as the Super Cub, this should be around a long time.
theoldALFER is offline Find More Posts by theoldALFER
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:21 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,691 Posts
Going well bit at a time.
Did some work on the cowl, the radial dummy engine the landing gear and change the servo arm for the flaps.
The wheels are from the E-Flite J3 cub , I had a spare set and I painted the hub caps. The wheels are a bit bigger and more balloon
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Apr 2007
92 Posts
Looks awesome! Mine arrived at the lhs, so I will be picking it up next week. What spinner are you using?
FlyingBeaver is offline Find More Posts by FlyingBeaver