SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:08 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{} View Post
That's a standard flight box with power panel from Tower Hobbies. The guys at the field always laugh at the amount of planes I can fit in that tiny car.
Yes, I quickly glanced at the pic the first time, I saw what it was after I posted. I thought you had some kind of PVC rack made on purpose.
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:14 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonJaerschky View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about The pile is soon to be joined by a Beaver.
Holy crap! I need a minivan!
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:47 PM
Drum, Pa
Joined May 2006
229 Posts
Mine should be here tomorrow. Can't wait. I may have a chance to fly it off water a few weeks from now when we go camping.
OnTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by OnTheEdge
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:47 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonJaerschky View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about The pile is soon to be joined by a Beaver.
Thing is: knowing how little space there is inside a Smart car, I'm more surprised by Steve's picture...
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:44 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Maiden

Just ran 2 packs off grass on wheels.....Love it!!

Box stock but by choice I used my own rx.

CG seems great with a 3s 2200 as reported.

One thing I was noticing the orange color is not the same as the pix on the web and box which is a milkier orange whera as the actual color is quite bright orange, near flourecent on the wing / stab.

I was noticing last night under incandescant lighting the orange of the decals and the orange paint did not match. But when I had it out in the sun today it wasn't noticeable.

Can't wait to get it out on floats but it might not happen till next season

BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:54 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,532 Posts
Couple hours until I get mine friday morning
But I wont rush it because I want to really detail it more

I fly my Icon A5 and my Heli off water for now so it keeps my fingers happy

was out this morning flying in fog and mist, would have been nice to take some shots with the Beaver
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:26 PM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
494 Posts
Opened mine today. I am impressed. As BrentP says it is a bright orange vs. the milky color on the box. Call me crazy but I really love the color scheme they chose on this plane. With that vivid orange it should be really easy to see in the sky. I might paint the floats silver, not sure yet, as the plane looks good with the white floats. I'll probably fly it as a land plane for awhile before getting my feet wet.
handyman 220 is online now Find More Posts by handyman 220
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:55 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,023 Posts
Man does that plane take off in short order. Loads of power. Can't wait to get back home to finish mine. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:37 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman 220 View Post
Opened mine today. I am impressed. As BrentP says it is a bright orange vs. the milky color on the box. Call me crazy but I really love the color scheme they chose on this plane. With that vivid orange it should be really easy to see in the sky. I might paint the floats silver, not sure yet, as the plane looks good with the white floats. I'll probably fly it as a land plane for awhile before getting my feet wet.
I agree with you. I think its the best scheme out of all the versions from Robbe, ST Models and Ripmax. This is one great flying Beaver. Now if the E-flite Beaver would have only flown half this good.........Don't get me wrong the E-flite is a good sport flyer, but a scale flyer, not!
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan View Post
I agree with you. I think its the best scheme out of all the versions from Robbe, ST Models and Ripmax. This is one great flying Beaver. Now if the E-flite Beaver would have only flown half this good.........Don't get me wrong the E-flite is a good sport flyer, but a scale flyer, not!
This was my maiden with my E-Flite Beaver. I thought it flew pretty good, but like you said, not nearly as scale.

E-Flite Beaver w/ Floats - Maiden (6 min 41 sec)
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:50 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,225 Posts
Yes, It is a fine sport flying plane as evident in your video.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:57 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
This was my maiden with my E-Flite Beaver. I thought it flew pretty good, but like you said, not nearly as scale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiZIESXPKZA
This is real nice flying for a model that is dificult to fly scale, good job

This E-Flite is nice looking but like many other Beaver models they dont look the way they should but the Flyzone Beaver is like they miniaturised the real one
I dont mind that its foam as long as it looks the way it should and fly well

Today is the day I finally pick up mine

Darn its only 5am now
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:12 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__L View Post
well i pulled the trigger and ordered one last night. When they finally become available in eastern Canada I'll have mine

lol by the time its available here I may have to wait till spring as I'm getting this to fly off water pretty much exclusively.

So i see that 2200 batteries work well....but is there an advantage to having 50C batteries vs 35C??
If memory serves me correctly, the motor pulls only like 20A MAXIMUM at full-throttle airborne. More like around 15A average or even less flying "normally." So, if 20A is all the battery really ever needs to be able to deliver, then even a 15C battery is plenty because it's "good" for 33A (2.2 x 15). A 20C would also be fine (44A). Any more than that is fine and not going to hurt anything, but you really don't need anything more tha that.

If you already have 50C or 35C batteries go ahead and use them, but if looking to purchase batteries specifically for this plane I would save the money and just go with a "pedestian" 20C or 25C. On the other hand, if there is a chance of using these batteries in another plane down the road, you may consider a 30C or 35C because chances are, that may be more suitable for whatever the next plane is.

The higher C-rated batteries will be heavier (and possibly slightly larger) than lower C batteries, but not by enough to matter in the Beaver.

Tim

EDIT: More like approx. 23A - 25A maximum current draw airborne at full-throttle. But around 10A - 15A averaged over the entire flight duration flying "normally" (not full-throttle the entire flight).
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by KRProton; Oct 05, 2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:37 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,532 Posts
Here is a nice little video while you wait like me to get your Little Beaver

Some of you might have seen it already but if not you might enjoy it too

The Beaver Ballad (4 min 18 sec)
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:15 AM
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post
If memory serves me correctly, the motor pulls only like 20A MAXIMUM at full-throttle airborne. More like around 15A average or even less flying "normally." So, if 20A is all the battery really ever needs to be able to deliver, then even a 15C battery is plenty because it's "good" for 33A (2.2 x 15). A 20C would also be fine (44A). Any more than that is fine and not going to hurt anything, but you really don't need anything more tha that.

If you already have 50C or 35C batteries go ahead and use them, but if looking to purchase batteries specifically for this plane I would save the money and just go with a "pedestian" 20C or 25C. On the other hand, if there is a chance of using these batteries in another plane down the road, you may consider a 30C or 35C because chances are, that may be more suitable for whatever the next plane is.

The higher C-rated batteries will be heavier (and possibly slightly larger) than lower C batteries, but not by enough to matter in the Beaver.

Tim
Thanks for the info Tim....still a learning curve on the electrics here for me I get to go pick mine up at noon today woooohoooo
Andy__L is offline Find More Posts by Andy__L