HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:08 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
What brand of paint are you using?
I used the Tamiya bare metal silver spray. It did a very good job of duplicating polished aluminum.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:34 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
Scott, what did you change to get the extra flap travel?
First thing I did was trim away the extra foam that's in the slot (in the leading edge of the flap) right under the pushrod where the Z bend attaches to the flap. The way it comes from the factory it was left with way to much foam in the little channel in the leading edge of the flap (again where the push rod is) and is causes the pushrod to bind up when you want to get large amounts of throws. So, take your xacto knife with a new blade and deepen the channel so the pushrod will no longer bind. Second thing I did was to find a new servo horn to fit the stock servo. I found one in my shop after much searching. Then I took a piece of G-10 fiberglass sheet and made a small bolt on extension for the servo horn so that I could get the amount of throws that I wanted from the servo. I sure wish that the factory had not cut off the stock flap servo horn so darn short. I know why they did, I just wish they had not. Hope this helps. If it help any of you guys, the servo horn I found that fit the stock servo I THINK came off of a 9 gram Art-tech servo out of a older Cox Christen Eagle. I'm not 100 percent sure, but almost. So if you need to make a longer servo horn for your flaps and you have some older 9 gram Cox or Art Tech servos laying around the horns should fit.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:48 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,597 Posts
I've got tons of servo horns. I'll need to go through them and see if any work.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:48 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Yeah, I used Krylon Primer. The paint and primer pulled right off with green frog tape, regular white masking tape, pactra masking tape, and clear tape. I'm really frustrated. I also had it come off on another area just as easy without the primer.

Its not coming off unless I'm trying to mask off certain areas. How do you mask?
Here is what I usually do.
Sand off the inperfections in the foam , I use DryDex spackling to fill in the inperfections, sand again nice and smooth.
Clean all with a cloth using rubbing alcool isopropyl 70% USP .
Spray a fine coat of the Krylon primer then a second fine coat.
Spray my primary color and let dry good.
Now the masking I do is with the Tamiya masking tape the 6mm one.
Let it dry but not as long and then remove the tape if I dont need a second coat.
Apply my decals and weathering and then spray on the clear coating again with fine coats.
Havn't had any problems yet.
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:32 PM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Just got mine together last night, set up,trimmed, and ready for first flight this afternoon at the Fairgrounds. Had to make a redneck tonneau cover on my Toyota to transport it,with large pieces of cardboard and duct tape,lol. Wings say they are removable for transport,but it looks to be too much of a pain to do.....
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:35 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
Just got mine together last night, set up,trimmed, and ready for first flight this afternoon at the Fairgrounds. Had to make a redneck tonneau cover on my Toyota to transport it,with large pieces of cardboard and duct tape,lol. Wings say they are removable for transport,but it looks to be too much of a pain to do.....
I thought the same thing at first. If you slide the wings out (and leave the servo wires attached) you can lay them along the length of the fuse, and rest them on the wing strut and horizontal stab. I loosely tied a thin rope around everything to keep the wings from falling during transport. Then, all you need to do to put them back on, is slide them back in and setup the flap linkage. I can fit the plane in my Smart car this way
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:40 PM
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
well i pulled the trigger and ordered one last night. When they finally become available in eastern Canada I'll have mine

lol by the time its available here I may have to wait till spring as I'm getting this to fly off water pretty much exclusively.

So i see that 2200 batteries work well....but is there an advantage to having 50C batteries vs 35C??
Andy__L is offline Find More Posts by Andy__L
Last edited by Andy__L; Oct 04, 2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: to add more :)
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:52 PM
Foamie Freak!
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{} View Post
I thought the same thing at first. If you slide the wings out (and leave the servo wires attached) you can lay them along the length of the fuse, and rest them on the wing strut and horizontal stab. I loosely tied a thin rope around everything to keep the wings from falling during transport. Then, all you need to do to put them back on, is slide them back in and setup the flap linkage. I can fit the plane in my Smart car this way
Well to be honest, I didnt try that hard last night. I was driving a customers Malibu, and it fit in the back of it nicely, all together, just didnt want to wedge it into the truck today. I am gonna have to look for a camper top to transport all my planes to the field.......
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:00 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
Well to be honest, I didnt try that hard last night. I was driving a customers Malibu, and it fit in the back of it nicely, all together, just didnt want to wedge it into the truck today. I am gonna have to look for a camper top to transport all my planes to the field.......
With a little determination, you'd be surprised what you can fit in a car. this is how my Smart looks when I head to the field
Last edited by ClosedAccount; Jun 15, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:13 PM
Foamie Freak!
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
With a little determination, you'd be surprised what you can fit in a car. this is how my Smart looks when I head to the field
Lol, awesome,some of my friends fit amazing amounts of different shapes and sizes into their cars......
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:24 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,597 Posts
Quote:
Thats what I call a diehard Rc enthusiast! I love it. You're just like me. Cram as much as you can, but do it without damaging your planes.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:26 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNLP View Post
Fellows, I recently purchased with my Beaver DHC-2, a Tactic 600 TX and
several 6 channel Tactic Receivers.

My question is when you BIND a Tactic RX to the Tactic TX for 1 plane, then
use another Tactic RX for another plane, DOES THAT CANCEL OUT THE BINDING FOR THE RX IN THE FIRST PLANE?

DOES THE TACTIC 600 TX REMEMBER THE BINDINGS FOR EACH TACTIC
RX USED?

APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE,

LNLP
I don't see an answer to your question , it may have gotten missed.

When you bind, it is the RX that "remembers" the TX so the second bind doesn't cancel out the first bind. You can bind many RX to the one TX and if all the planes were ON the TX would control all of them at once. It is hard to get the trims and the reverses all identical though.

If you happened to forget to unplug your first plane flown and decided to fly the second plane. When you powered up the TX then the second plane , the first plane would also start going when you started flying the second one.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:36 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Wow! That's pretty awesome, did you make the rack on the right side or bought it?
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:53 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
Wow! That's pretty awesome, did you make the rack on the right side or bought it?
That's a standard flight box with power panel from Tower Hobbies. The guys at the field always laugh at the amount of planes I can fit in that tiny car.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:05 PM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,474 Posts
Quote:
With a little determination, you'd be surprised what you can fit in a car.
I have no idea what you are talking about The pile is soon to be joined by a Beaver.
vonJaerschky is offline Find More Posts by vonJaerschky