HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:32 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Well liking the beaver alot so far.

Like the battery hatch latch, the decals with no creases or bubbles, and that some decals are left to the owner to do, the paint, the clearly marked screw bags that corrispond to the instructions, plastic not foam cowl, the box, the packaging, no glue neccassary, the wooden motor mount, the wooden servo tray etc.

I only got to assembling tha tail so far, I had trouble getting the screws tight on the elev / rudd servos and ended up bending the push rods a bit passed the servo arms when tightening, this resulted in a lack of up elev (mostly because the rod is on the inner hole of the arm stock) so I had to take the tail apart, remove the servo arm, pull the rod as far out of the access hatch I could and move the rod to the outter hole.

my only gripe so far is the lack of access to the servos in the fuse, really wish that hole was bigger, don't have kid or girly hands lol.
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:59 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
my only gripe so far is the lack of access to the servos in the fuse, really wish that hole was bigger, don't have kid or girly hands lol.
Yup, and forget about even getting a screwdriver onto those servos once the wings are installed. I have little hands for a guy and that access hole is small for me, too.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,162 Posts
Unless you want to spend a fortune on paint don't even waste your time on the 3oz testors rattle cans.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:26 PM
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
hey guys, what size batteries are you running in this? how do they affect the CG?

thanks

this is HIGH on my 'to get' list
Andy__L is offline Find More Posts by Andy__L
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:23 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Aug 2004
32 Posts
I checked with a 3s 2200 last night and the balance was well within the CG range from the book.
GeoffH is offline Find More Posts by GeoffH
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:20 PM
LNLP
Oak Harbor, Washington 98277
Joined Jan 2005
184 Posts
Binding With Tactic 600 TX

Fellows, I recently purchased with my Beaver DHC-2, a Tactic 600 TX and
several 6 channel Tactic Receivers.

My question is when you BIND a Tactic RX to the Tactic TX for 1 plane, then
use another Tactic RX for another plane, DOES THAT CANCEL OUT THE BINDING FOR THE RX IN THE FIRST PLANE?

DOES THE TACTIC 600 TX REMEMBER THE BINDINGS FOR EACH TACTIC
RX USED?

APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE,

LNLP
LNLP is offline Find More Posts by LNLP
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:56 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__L View Post
hey guys, what size batteries are you running in this? how do they affect the CG?

thanks

this is HIGH on my 'to get' list
I'm getting 11-13 min flight times w/ my 3s2200mah. This is gently flying with lots of touch and go's.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:38 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,452 Posts
Jut came from a friend that got his today and I must say I was impress
Impress with the wing flaps and ailerons, just like the full scale , I cant beleive they actually did that.
I did install a Spectrum Ar6100 RX in there for him and I must say there is not much room to play
I will probably open up a big hatch under just to work in better then will retouch as if it was never an openning.
Now I'm more anxious to get mine friday
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:40 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,020 Posts
I just set up my Hitec Focus 5X with the AnyLink thingy. Bound it to the receiver in the plane and everything worked cept the flaps. From the factory they had the fuselage lights plugged into channel 5, which on my radio is the flap channel, and the flap servo in channel 6. I switched the two plugs on the receiver and all is well. Now I have 3 position flaps. Decals are on, and a little touch up of the black paint was necessary. Heading to NY tomorrow so it will have to wait a week to get finished. So far, everythign is going pretty smoothly. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:52 PM
Drum, Pa
Joined May 2006
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan View Post
.... I also reworked my flaps to get 45 degrees of throw in the landing configuration. ....
Scott, If it's not too much trouble, can you share the details of how you did that? Does it seem possible to get even more than 45 degrees?
OnTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by OnTheEdge
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:08 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
I just set up my Hitec Focus 5X with the AnyLink thingy. Bound it to the receiver in the plane and everything worked cept the flaps. From the factory they had the fuselage lights plugged into channel 5, which on my radio is the flap channel, and the flap servo in channel 6. I switched the two plugs on the receiver and all is well. Now I have 3 position flaps. Decals are on, and a little touch up of the black paint was necessary. Heading to NY tomorrow so it will have to wait a week to get finished. So far, everythign is going pretty smoothly. Tom
The lights can go on any channel. I have mine tied into one of my aileron channels so I could put each aileron on their own channel.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:10 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{} View Post
The lights can go on any channel. I have mine tied into one of my aileron channels so I could put each aileron on their own channel.
+1 I'm using an AR500 (5 channel Spektrum) and it has dual aileron ports. I just used one of them for the lights and the other for the obvious, my toaster.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:46 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Aug 2004
32 Posts
Just got back from my first flights. Went through 4 batts. With brand new 3s 2200 Trunigy 25c-35c and 10min flights the voltage was 11.4v and they where not even warm. With the stock throws on high rates am able to flip, roll, inverted and slip with no problems. Tried to spin it but the plane just wont stall. Get it slow with no power and can still keep it descending with full up elevator and rudder to guide it. Like a Cub it definitely likes to have rudder and aileron to turn or it crabs a bit. More throws would not hurt though. The little wind there was no problem, besides at slow landing speeds it wanted to yaw into the wind. Anyone with some experience would have no problems at all. It could use more flaps and rudder to really let it side slip. It has great power, lots of vertical from a short takeoff roll. Cant see this type of plane needing anymore power. My next task is to increase the flaps. Want to try it on floats this weekend. I am going to try and put up a video.

Geoff
GeoffH is offline Find More Posts by GeoffH
Last edited by GeoffH; Oct 03, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:53 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
Just got back from my first flights. Went through 4 batts. With brand new 3s 2200 Trunigy 25c-35c and 10min flights the voltage was 11.4v and they where not even warm. With the stock throws on high rates am able to flip, roll, inverted and slip with no problems. Tried to spin it but the plane just wont stall. Get it slow with no power and can still keep it descending with full up elevator and rudder to guide it. More throws would not hurt though. Anyone with some experience would have no problems at all. It could use more flaps and rudder to really let it side slip. It has great power, lots of vertical from a short takeoff roll. Cant see this type of plane needing anymore power. My next task is to increase the flaps. I am going to try and put up a video.

Geoff
Thanks Geoff
Thats great info on the flight. videos would be great as there are not many still out there
I'm wondering if a 3 blade prop would do well , I'm going to test a couple
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:03 PM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
470 Posts
Found mine on the porch when i came home from work today. No obvious box damage I'll have to open it later to check it out, gotta go now.
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220