HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
Registered User
FTA_FTW's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
403 Posts
Video from this afternoon. Keep your volume low lol sorry. Wind was coming from the north so landings were tricky as I had to come in over the building.

Enjoy.

Flyzone Beaver (1 min 53 sec)
FTA_FTW is offline Find More Posts by FTA_FTW
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:08 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTA_FTW View Post
Video from this afternoon. Keep your volume low lol sorry. Wind was coming from the north so landings were tricky as I had to come in over the building.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJRWQ...ature=youtu.be
Very nice and clear too.
You had better flying condition then I had here today.
I have to edit my videos too.
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:23 PM
Registered User
FTA_FTW's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
403 Posts
Thanks Paul.

One more, camera mounted on the floats, I really like this view, gives a nice perspective.


Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver on snow (3 min 54 sec)
FTA_FTW is offline Find More Posts by FTA_FTW
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:28 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTA_FTW View Post
Thanks Paul.

One more, camera mounted on the floats, I really like this view, gives a nice perspective.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r29mc4UWqu8
Cool! I like the landings
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:47 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,689 Posts
My turn
Video of my flying in a calm hazy condition

Flyzone Beaver on skis-3 (3 min 34 sec)
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:41 PM
KK6MQJ
Bajora's Avatar
Joined Sep 2004
13,796 Posts
Me and my flying buddy burned 5 packs through the Beaver tonight. This is about the 4th or 5th amphib I have flown in the last ten years or so. It was the first one my partner had EVER flown. We both agree that it is almost impossible to mess up a takeoff or landing? He did great, considering it was the first time he has ever operated off of water.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:55 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Me and my flying buddy burned 5 packs through the Beaver tonight. This is about the 4th or 5th amphib I have flown in the last ten years or so. It was the first one my partner had EVER flown. We both agree that it is almost impossible to mess up a takeoff or landing? He did great, considering it was the first time he has ever operated off of water.
I agree as I saw my buddy flying off the water for the first time with very little RC flying time and he did very well.
Flying on skis is lots of fun
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:18 AM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Very nice Paul. Love the low slow flying and smooth landings. Nice touch on the fixed ground camera too, just looked so good taxiing up to it after the last landing.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:25 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Very nice Paul. Love the low slow flying and smooth landings. Nice touch on the fixed ground camera too, just looked so good taxiing up to it after the last landing.
I wish one day I would have access to a real video cam with zoom and a good camera man
For now I have to make do with my headcam but at least I can still have some nice memories.
Would be nice today on a fresh new 5cm of snow but the wind will be way too strong. its only 7:30 am and the wind is already picking up
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:51 AM
MaineFlyer
jpgilbert's Avatar
Augusta, Me
Joined Feb 2005
940 Posts
Flying with Skis

Finally got a chance to fly from snow with skis. Had hoped for powder but it was wind-sweep. Mainly touch & gos. Got in four flights and four with my E-flite J-3 25. Temps started at 12 degs and went up to 20. NO wind and that makes all the difference.

Cannot say enough about this plane. It just flies so good!

I usually do a lot of editing on the videos since I am using a non-zoom camera like Paul. I mount my GoPro on my head. No sense in showing a speck in the sky!

We got 8" of nice snow last night but quite windy today.
Joe
Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver on Skis at KVMA (3 min 43 sec)
jpgilbert is offline Find More Posts by jpgilbert
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:56 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgilbert View Post
Finally got a chance to fly from snow with skis. Had hoped for powder but it was wind-sweep. Mainly touch & gos. Got in four flights and four with my E-flite J-3 25. Temps started at 12 degs and went up to 20. NO wind and that makes all the difference.

Cannot say enough about this plane. It just flies so good!

I usually do a lot of editing on the videos since I am using a non-zoom camera like Paul. I mount my GoPro on my head. No sense in showing a speck in the sky!

We got 8" of nice snow last night but quite windy today.
Joe
http://youtu.be/sqT3XIOx9to
Excelent flying I notice a few flat rudder turns, I havn't tried any with the Beaver yet, they look good.
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:07 AM
MaineFlyer
jpgilbert's Avatar
Augusta, Me
Joined Feb 2005
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Excelent flying I notice a few flat rudder turns, I havn't tried any with the Beaver yet, they look good.
Hi Paul,
Yeah, thought I would include some video of those turns. The plane executes them very, very well. Quite an amazing plane for the money. Four members of my club now have them.

Wish I could get out today and enjoy all this fresh snow but too windy.

BTW, guys, as many of these videos are HD, it is better to set the definition to HD and watch in a larger screen size. More enjoyable.

Keep the videos coming, everyone. And, Paul, your plane looks so scale. Great job!

Joe
jpgilbert is offline Find More Posts by jpgilbert
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:09 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgilbert View Post
Hi Paul,
Yeah, thought I would include some video of those turns. The plane executes them very, very well. Quite an amazing plane for the money. Four members of my club now have them.

Wish I could get out today and enjoy all this fresh snow but too windy.

BTW, guys, as many of these videos are HD, it is better to set the definition to HD and watch in a larger screen size. More enjoyable.

Keep the videos coming, everyone. And, Paul, your plane looks so scale. Great job!

Joe
Thanks Joe
Well the model itself is already a beauty so just adding to it is just plain fun
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:12 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,689 Posts
Just came in from clearing some of the snow and we got more last night then I thought.
Too bad the wind is picking up so fast. I could handle the wind but it makes it way too cold to enjoy the flying .
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:22 AM
Dont be a gashole fly electric
Dave Bee's Avatar
Chaplin,Ct.
Joined Nov 2005
91 Posts
I got to fly my Beaver Saturday morning before the 8 in. of snow fell. The plane flies excellent. I cant wait to fly it again. We have heavy wind and low temps for the next week.
Dave Bee is offline Find More Posts by Dave Bee
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Kit/Scratch Built 14 Oct 16, 2009 03:03 AM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Fuel Planes 2 Jan 05, 2008 02:26 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Scale Airplanes 1 Dec 31, 2007 04:39 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Parkflyers 3 Dec 29, 2007 08:32 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Electric Planes 1 Dec 29, 2007 07:39 AM