SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:32 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Its kind of hard to do a neat wired job in there with the small access unless you cut out the rear door. Its really not a big deal to cut out the rear door in the panel line. When done I just applied a silicone beed all around the edges and then push back in and insert 2 small pins to secure.
Its water tight and still easely removable
Yeh I think I might actually do that at some point as well as removing the screen again to paint the seats and fit a pilot, maybe a passenger or two as well. Does anyone have a link to figures that are light enough and the right scale. I might put a false back in the cabin too. I'm also gona have to order your three blader and prop adapter too, that huge prop and big shiny spinner spoil it a bit. Incidentally for those of you that like to make a job of the livery the ST Model version is almost paint free if you want a blank canvas to work from. The only paint on the entire model is on the vert stab and the cowl, the windows are clear too.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:37 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Yeh I think I might actually do that at some point as well as removing the screen again to paint the seats and fit a pilot, maybe a passenger or two as well. Does anyone have a link to figures that are light enough and the right scale. I might put a false back in the cabin too. I'm also gona have to order your three blader and prop adapter too, that huge prop and big shiny spinner spoil it a bit. Incidentally for those of you that like to make a job of the livery the ST Model version is almost paint free if you want a blank canvas to work from. The only paint on the entire model is on the vert stab and the cowl, the windows are clear too.
I use the pilot from my Icon A5 and made a body but I tried it in my Beaver #2 because the windscreen is still not glued in but you cant really see it behind the tinted window so I wont put a pilot in.
I think the ST Beaver the windows are clear, are they?
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:42 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
I think the ST Beaver the windows are clear, are they?
Yep and that just makes my birds nest of wiring all the more noticeable.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:43 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Yep and that just makes my birds nest of wiring all the more noticeable.
Yes I would imagine
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:45 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,674 Posts
Well we did get over a foot of snow yesterday so I dont think the Beaver on skis could handle this depth so I will try my Icon and if I find an area that skis could do I will come back and get Beaver #1
If I still had the floats on it I would fly it in that fluffy snow
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:41 PM
"ya can't get hurt in the air"
United States, NY, Cazenovia
Joined Oct 2009
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikflyer View Post
It's been a few years since I have set up a plank for flying. I have the aileron's connected to Ch1 and CH5 with the flaps on CH6 operated by a 3 position switch and I spent the whole evening trying to program a mix so that I would get some down elevator when the flaps were deployed to compensate for the tendency to pitch up.
This should be easy with the Aurora 9 but I can't seem to get it to work correctly.
I use the aurora 9 with the flaps on the left slider. I mixed in down elevator by using Flap Control (page 2) 100% flap to +28% elevator. This is actually down elevator. I also used a longer arm on the servo for more throw, hope this helps.
King Pin is offline Find More Posts by King Pin
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:47 PM
Joined Apr 2011
403 Posts
Anyone have a manual for the ESC? I would like to change the LVC setting.
FTA_FTW is offline Find More Posts by FTA_FTW
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:49 PM
"ya can't get hurt in the air"
United States, NY, Cazenovia
Joined Oct 2009
194 Posts
Paul you are right, floats on snow is awesome. Having flown it many times, I find myself flying primarily with flaps and taking off and landing about 20 times per pack!! You nailed it!
King Pin is offline Find More Posts by King Pin
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:53 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pin View Post
Paul you are right, floats on snow is awesome. Having flown it many times, I find myself flying primarily with flaps and taking off and landing about 20 times per pack!! You nailed it!
Very cool! I beleive you thats for shure
I did go out yesterday to fly with my Icon A5 and it was ok but very windy and lots of turbulence so I didn't come back for the Beaver but I'm shure the Skis would have been ok as the deep snow had harden enough to suport the weight.
I hope to be able to fly today this time with Beaver #1 on skis
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:56 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTA_FTW View Post
Anyone have a manual for the ESC? I would like to change the LVC setting.
Usually they are adjusted for the safest LVC already .
I fly mine 10 to 15 min of scale flying with power to spare .
Thats no earobatic and not pushing it, just nice flying and touch and goes.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:18 AM
Joined Apr 2011
403 Posts
Some landing shots. Will get better footage next time. She is a fantastic flyer. 10/10.

Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver (2 min 51 sec)
FTA_FTW is offline Find More Posts by FTA_FTW
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:24 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTA_FTW View Post
Some landing shots. Will get better footage next time. She is a fantastic flyer. 10/10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNCx_dDEy4
Cool!
dont you hate it when your'e alone with a camera
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:08 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Over a hundred flights on mine so far,probably evenly divided between float, and wheel. Still loving it, no issues, no crashes,a few dumb thumb near misses, but all in all, still having a blast with it. Customer support is just as awesome, as any of my other rc companies have been, sent complete new wing set for a turning inside the wing, strut mounting nut. On second thought, I guess you could call dumping the plane float forward and turning over in the water a crash, did have 3 of those. Got in the water 1 time to retrieve, but prevailing wind at our dock is straight to us, waited for plane the other two times, I found out the water is COLD, this time of year. No water damage to electronics so far.
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:13 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,674 Posts
Would be nice if they would come out with a Twin Otter too in the same size
I simply love mine too , well both of them
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:17 AM
Nova Scotia, Canada
Joined Apr 2006
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pin View Post
I use the aurora 9 with the flaps on the left slider. I mixed in down elevator by using Flap Control (page 2) 100% flap to +28% elevator. This is actually down elevator. I also used a longer arm on the servo for more throw, hope this helps.
With mine I was getting some down elevator mixing no matter what position the slider was in. I want to remove any elevator mixing when the flaps were in the full up position.
Stikflyer is online now Find More Posts by Stikflyer