SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:32 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2007
92 Posts
Thanks for the info. Still waiting on my plane to arrive.
FlyingBeaver is offline Find More Posts by FlyingBeaver
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:55 PM
Registered User
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
488 Posts
My plane shipped today. I should see it by Thursday.
handyman 220 is online now Find More Posts by handyman 220
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:14 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman 220 View Post
My plane shipped today. I should see it by Thursday.
Mine shipped too!
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:33 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,251 Posts
Sweet guys! I'm getting tired of hogging all the posts in here. Finally get some others posting their videos too!
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:56 PM
Plane Crazy
cincy's Avatar
Cincinnati, OH
Joined Feb 2003
1,058 Posts
Subscribed! More videos please!

cincy is offline Find More Posts by cincy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:31 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,251 Posts
Alright, its proven in my mind to be a worthy keeper. I'm changing the paint scheme to this. It should be simple enough and lots less orange.
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:54 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Sweet guys! I'm getting tired of hogging all the posts in here. Finally get some others posting their videos too!
I have several planes I still have to maiden... I might build this right away but I'm not sure I'll have videos.
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:57 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
I have several planes I still have to maiden... I might build this right away but I'm not sure I'll have videos.
It will take you 2 hrs tops. Charge your batteries up while building. I look forward to your review.
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:03 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON
Joined Aug 2004
32 Posts
I just got done putting mine together. I am also wondering about the extra lines. Perhaps a neater way to hide or tuck the water rudder lines towards the fuse? Mine was missing the anchor points for the tailwheel pushrods on the lower rudder linkage. A little damage to the vertical fin out of the box. A little tearing of the molded hinge line on the elevator. I notice the rudder had a clear hinge at the top of the rudder hinge. Almost looks like the molded hinge was tore and they tried to glue in a plastic hinge. Anyone elses like this? Seemd like some of the flap hinges where a little loose in the wing so I added some CA. Only screw issues I have had so far where the 4 20mm screws into the float cross braces. Almost seemed like the nut was to far in the molding for the screw to engage, held the float upside down and shook a while turning the screw and they tightend down.

I was able to take the windsheild off to make it easyier to route the wires neatly. It Was just held on with tape and was already a little loose in 1 corner. These things are minor though. I tend to find faults in everything. Lots to be impressed with though. The hidden pusrods and flap / alieron hinges are great. Cabin details, float attachments. Really like the looks of it so far, hope it flys just as good. To bad I dont have any solder left to change the esc connector and put connectors on my new batterys. Will just have to wait till tommorow.

Geoff
GeoffH is offline Find More Posts by GeoffH
Last edited by GeoffH; Oct 01, 2012 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:25 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
I just got done putting mine together. I am also wondering about the extra lines. Perhaps a neater way to hide or tuck the water rudder lines towards the fuse? Mine was missing the anchor points for the tailwheel pushrods on the lower rudder linkage. A little damage to the vertical fin out of the box. A little tearing of the molded hinge line on the elevator. I notice the rudder had a clear hinge at the top of the rudder hinge. Almost looks like the molded hinge was tore and they tried to glue in a plastic hinge. Anyone elses like this? Seemd like some of the flap hinges where a little loose in the wing so I added some CA. Only screw issues I have had so far where the 4 20mm screws into the float cross braces. Almost seemed like the nut was to far in the molding for the screw to engage, held the float upside down and shook a while turning the screw and they tightend down.

I was able to take the windsheild off to make it easyier to route the wires neatly. It Was just held on with tape and was already a little loose in 1 corner.

Geoff
I'm starting to think the extra lines are for bracing on the floats. If you look at some close up pics of a full scale beaver on floats, you'll notice wires running between the floats and underside of the fuse.

I'm not following the tail wheel comment though. Do you mean the anchor points to actually attach the tailwheel were missing? The pushrods from the tail wheel go directly to the servo. Not to the rudder. I must be missing something though.

I have a question for ya. Any idea what those round loops are on the tail of the floats? There are two on each float.

Great to know about the windshield. I'll remove mine and straighten out my wires too. Thanks.
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:29 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON
Joined Aug 2004
32 Posts
The parts missing function like the clevis. Same as the parts on the rudder / elevator servo arms that capture the pushrods. They hold the pushrods to the tail wheel or the lines to the watter rudders. Not a big deal had some extras.

The loops next to the anchor points for the rubber bands? Not sure what is going on there.

Geoff
GeoffH is offline Find More Posts by GeoffH
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:34 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
The parts missing function like the clevis. Same as the parts on the rudder / elevator servo arms that capture the pushrods. They hold the pusods to the tail wheel or the lines to the watter rudders. Not a big deal had some extras.

The loops next to the anchor points for the rubber bands? Not sure what is going on there.

Geoff
Oh wow. They were all missing? Honestly, they are horrible. They have a little plastic retainer that keeps them on the servo. I had to replace mine on the float rudder servo as they tension wanted to keep pulling them loose from the servo. Glad you had extras. Thats always a must in this hobby.

I had no idea on those loops either. Very strange. Almost like a push rod was originally going to go through there to control the rudders.
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:42 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Loops and extra lines.
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:53 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
Loops and extra lines.
Great find. Interesting, wonder why they have those there. It serves no purpose as far as I can see. To keep the floats from rotating inwards?

That pic still doesn't show what the loops are by the rudders. Argh. LOL
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:58 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Some more pictures here, make sure you scroll down for some hi-res pictures!

http://www.rclineforum.de/forum/boar...be-air-beaver/

And here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1585220

And here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3898368&type=1

I'm done.
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Last edited by GP73; Oct 02, 2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Additional links
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Kit/Scratch Built 14 Oct 16, 2009 02:03 AM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Fuel Planes 2 Jan 05, 2008 01:26 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Scale Airplanes 1 Dec 31, 2007 03:39 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Parkflyers 3 Dec 29, 2007 07:32 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Electric Planes 1 Dec 29, 2007 06:39 AM