HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:57 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,929 Posts
Question
Can you make Embedded Pictures show up with Show Attachments in this Thread?

I use the "Show Attachments in this Thread" button often as a very quick way to find pictures I am looking for in a thread. It seems that embedded pictures in a thread are invisible to the "Show Attachments in this Thread" button. It takes a lot longer to go page by page looking for the embedded pictures instead of being able to look at all of them on a page.

Is there a way they can be made visible to "Show Attachments in this Thread" button?

Thanks,

Richard
Richard N is offline Find More Posts by Richard N
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:59 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,401 Posts
I don't think this currently is an option.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:32 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,929 Posts
JIm,

There was a debate in the superdetailed Albatross thread about using the embedded picture versus the thumbnail system and the guy who started the thread went for the embedded method. That makes it so much harder to find one of his great pictures because you have to plod through every single page to find it.

The embedded picture system is also makes life tough for the people who have dialup as their only internet option because embedded pictures are much larger in size than the thumbnails and come through the small pipe much slower.
People who have high speed connections don't seem to have much sympathy for those whose only alternative is dialup, but that is still a significant reality for many. I live a little out in the sticks and have only had high speed for a couple of years.

The "Show Attachments in this Thread" button is one of the most useful features of RCG's new look. It is unfortunate that it can't work for all attachments.

Thanks,

Richard
Richard N is offline Find More Posts by Richard N
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:41 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,401 Posts
I can submit this as a suggestion. What I do is add photos as thumbnails and then if I want to use them in a post (for a contest or something like that) I will embed the photos from my thumbnails. That way they can be seen with the "Show Attachments" feature.
I have done this below.
You could embed the thumbnail:

Or the full image:
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:03 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,929 Posts
Jim,

That looks like a good solution.