HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:46 PM
Make the best of all you have
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
There's nothing he can do,

time will tell if the aileron servo will stand the permanent input.

Rolf
beetyii is offline Find More Posts by beetyii
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:33 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
351 Posts
Just come back from my "007" fix and my pocket is much lighter for me and the wife 22 for 2 cinema tickets and 8 for 1 small coke and 1 small pop corn. That's well on the way for the price of an AS3X brick

I have left the aileron servo as is. I will have to see if the standard servo holds up or not.
rcpaintfx is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:41 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
This is very exciting. I'm glad you've got stuck in there Kev. Look forward to finding out the results.

I just received a few of the AR6400 clones for testing. They seem fine so far. The great thing is the PCB is slightly longer than the AR6400 so they stretch into the clip really nicely.

No problem switching to the external ESC and the control surfaces seem to react just fine.

After a few months of testing if they turn out OK (and they aren't illegal) I may consider including them in a Super Deluxe kit at 79.95 - how does that sound?
deadbird is offline Find More Posts by deadbird
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:32 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Hey guys, we got a little bit of exposure on the latest product showcase video on Flitetest today!

Flite Test - RC Product Showcase - October 2012 (6 min 46 sec)

Shame they said they werent available in the US. Still, I'll contact them and see it they can pop a caption up on the video or sumthin.
Jon
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:35 PM
Joined Sep 2012
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird View Post
This is very exciting. I'm glad you've got stuck in there Kev. Look forward to finding out the results.

I just received a few of the AR6400 clones for testing. They seem fine so far. The great thing is the PCB is slightly longer than the AR6400 so they stretch into the clip really nicely.

No problem switching to the external ESC and the control surfaces seem to react just fine.

After a few months of testing if they turn out OK (and they aren't illegal) I may consider including them in a Super Deluxe kit at 79.95 - how does that sound?
That actually would be absolutely amazing!
Saves some buyers shipping (because all items are coming from one spot), and it's essentially an RTF kit! Just add transmitter
boro92 is offline Find More Posts by boro92
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:35 PM
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
@Jon

A few minutes ago I wanted to order two FW 190 but they were out of stock.

Can you give me a hint when they will be in stock again ?

Rolf
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:00 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetyii View Post
@Jon

A few minutes ago I wanted to order two FW 190 but they were out of stock.

Can you give me a hint when they will be in stock again ?

Rolf
Hi Rolf, thats weird as we have plenty in stock of both Fw190 kits. If you want to, just go ahead and process you order and I'll have a chat to our web man in the morning to see what gives. I can send out the kit tomorrow.

Sorry about that.

Jon
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:59 AM
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
Nice to hear,

The picture was red framed and if I remember right there was a -8 and -7 for stock on the planes.

I order them right now.

Rolf
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:43 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Hi Ralph, got the order!

I see what has happened - The confusion lies in the red border - that is used to indicate that it's a deluxe kit rather than a standard kit (yellow) and the -8 & -7 are the variant numbers of the aircraft. ie A-7 & A-8 not stock levels.

Apologies for the confusion but thanks everso much for the order. I'll get them off to you today.

Jon
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:32 AM
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
Shame on me !

You made it foolproof but sometimes that's not enough ...

Wouldn't it a nice idea to offer your kits on ebay worldwide (as a christmas present) to a wider public ?

Your ideas and their realisation are great but at the moment I think your kits are more a insiders' tip (sleeper) - wake them up !

I want to see more of your kits so you get the well-deserved money and we get the fun ...

PS

In the video from Flite test I missed a "little respekt" for your kits...

Rolf
Last edited by beetyii; Nov 01, 2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:56 AM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
351 Posts
Just come back from the maiden flight with the AS3X brick in my Fw190.

The wind here today between the heavy rain showers is 15 - 25 mph One word describes my last flight AWESOME.

This morning I went out with the brick programmed for "Warbird" and although flyable the ailerons flapped from side to side like a blur, so went back home and re-programmed the brick. After a bit of playing around I discovered that the setting marked as "speed" seemed to have the least amount of gain on the aileron channel. I wish Horizon would let us tweak the gains on the gyros ourselves instead of just giving us profiles for different planes. Back to the rugy pitch for test flight 2. Today is really not ideal conditions!!! I gave her a gentle underarm toss and powered away. WOW rock solid flight, I would have even thought twice flying the AS3X Beast today. I still get a little wing rock caused by the gyro sometimes when flying cross wind flat out but very pleasant to fly.
My last flight I was powering across the field at about 2 - 3 feet in altitude flat out , it was like it was on rails. At the end of the flight I was doing slow flat circuits in front of me again rock solid with no signs of tip stall or wing rocking.

Horizon give us the ability to play with the gains independently on the AS3X boards PLEASE.

Now off to our indoor flying club tonight and try it in there

Kev
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:21 AM
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
Nice to hear that you are happy with your results.

I'm interested in the results indoor ...

Rolf
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:20 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaintfx View Post
Just come back from the maiden flight with the AS3X brick in my Fw190.
Hats off to your pioneering flights!

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:54 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Fantastic work Kev,

I cant believe you flew it in such windy conditions - that is incredible. I'm going to have to come down to see this in action!
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:28 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
351 Posts
Back from Indoor Flying, standard size UK school sports hall, 5 a side soccer pitch.

Last week I tried to fly the FW190 in the same hall with the standard AR6400 brick in there and walls kept leaping out in front of the little bird not good at all

This week I flew out a complete battery and managed to avoid all the walls, no matter how hard they tried to get me!!! So the AS3X does make quite a difference even indoors. I was turning on rudder with a bit of opposite aileron, like flying a 3D flat foamy. To be honest is was not much fun flying this in that hall as the she wants to fly faster than the size of the hall will allow. I am now looking forward to the 18th November the next indoor session in our large tennis dome venue, should be able to get in some loops and rolls in the 60m x 40m tent.

Jon, the FW190 was, really, very good outside today. I had been waiting since last Sunday to give it a go and today was my day off work. So I sat in the car waiting for the rain to stop and when it did paddled out into the middle of the rugby pitch and gave it a go. The wind did not bother it at all once I reprogrammed the brick to tone down the aileron gyro gain. It flew like a much bigger plane. If you can make it down to the next Sunday indoor metting on the 18th I will show you it outside if the weather is ok.

Kev