HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:39 AM
United States, CA, Beale AFB
Joined Sep 2004
121 Posts
Excellent!

These planes look like a ton of fun...I'm definintely going to have a couple. Beats most of the other micro stuff out there and the fuselages look 3D with the way the graphics are so detailed.

Fantastic work!
FlyinTiger is offline Find More Posts by FlyinTiger
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:49 AM
United States, AZ, Paradise Valley
Joined Dec 2004
39 Posts
Just a quick FYI - I received mine in 8 days in Arizona. Packaging and kit look excellent.
doctord is offline Find More Posts by doctord
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:12 AM
Buellton, CA
Joined Dec 2008
140 Posts
Hi Guys,

Got a lot of work done today. I'm ready to install the motor and motor mounting but I can't find the little screws. I didn't see them in the motor package or in the general hardware pack. Am I not looking in the right place?

I can probably find replacements at the hardware store if I can get the screw measurements.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Mc.
MinimumWage is offline Find More Posts by MinimumWage
Last edited by MinimumWage; Oct 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: clarity
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:57 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Hi Mike Mc,

This caught me out when I first received the motor & ESC components in their final form from the manufacturers. For some reason they decided to pack the screws in a pocket in the corner of the bag the ESC comes in. If you havent thrown it away yet you should find 3 of the little blighters tucked away there.

Jon
deadbird is offline Find More Posts by deadbird
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:02 AM
United Kingdom, Middlesbrough
Joined Aug 2011
59 Posts
Took me an age to find those screws, even with my glasses on.

While we are on the subject of mounting the motor and at the risk of appearing stupid. I am not sure what the instructions are trying to tell me about how to do the offset. I am sure it is obvious to everybody else but it hasn't hit me yet.
Wregie is offline Find More Posts by Wregie
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:37 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Hi Wregie,

I will be getting the motor manufacturer to bag the screws seperately in the next order as they are not ideally located.

Basically by the time you reach the thrust angle adjustment stage in step 35 of the assembly manual, the assumption has been made that you have mounted the motor - shown in step 24 - by screwing the motor to the mount with the rubber washers between and all the screws tightened up all the way.

When it comes to step 35 'Thrust Angle Adjustment' all the screws are identified by number as you look at the motor from the front of the aircraft and the following steps show how much you need to loosen off the individual screws to induce the thrust angles required.

The subsequent diagrams in step 35 show in basic form what you're trying to acheive from top or side views in section. It is up to you to decide how much you adjust your thrust angle depending on the take off and flight characteristics of your aircraft. The rotational diagrams of the screws are merely to show you the changes you need to make relative to one another and not precise instructions.

I hope this has helped rather than confused even more. I'm cracking on with some more instructional videos next week so hopefully I'll be able to smooth out some of these sticking points.

Jon
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:25 PM
Buellton, CA
Joined Dec 2008
140 Posts
Jon,

Thanks - I checked the ESC bag and found the screws sealed in the corner. Back to work!

Mike
MinimumWage is offline Find More Posts by MinimumWage
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:19 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Good stuff Mike!

Here's another 'how to' video that goes thru the first few steps of the fuselage build.

Its the P-51 but same rules apply to the Fw190

MICROACES - Building the fuselage Part 1 (8 min 23 sec)

Jon
Last edited by deadbird; Oct 15, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Sep 2012
48 Posts
I'm excited to read about anyone's experiences post build and of course, how she flies Anyone have high res images of the detailed graphic work on the stickers?
The art work on these really make them stand out from other micros.
boro92 is offline Find More Posts by boro92
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:16 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boro92 View Post
I'm excited to read about anyone's experiences post build and of course, how she flies Anyone have high res images of the detailed graphic work on the stickers?
Hi boro92,

I'll leave it to others to tell you of their building and flying experiences cos I'm biased but I thought I'd direct you to some references you might want to see.

There were loads of pics taken during the development of the Fw190 and close ups of some of the graphics - which I posted on this thread
Comments about the performance are few and far between at the moment tho as it's only been 4-5 weeks since product has been available and with the product taking 7-14 days to make it across the pond I'm guessing many are still mid build or clearing the bench, but some have let loose:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=144
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=124

Cheers

Jon
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:44 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boro92 View Post

Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best in the West 2014
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:34 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Part 2 & 3 of the fuselage build in glorious technicolor and HD!

Hope this stuff is helping some. Should be good for those who havent started their build or those wanting to know the details for future reference.

Jon

MICROACES - Building the fuselage Part 2 (3 min 29 sec)

MICROACES - Building the fuselage Part 3 (12 min 3 sec)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Sep 2012
48 Posts
Ah thanks for the good pics and links! Looks incredible!
Now to decide FW190 or P51...choices choices.

Anyone know the AUW of each?
boro92 is offline Find More Posts by boro92
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:48 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
How about buy both! Works for me

The full spec sheets for both kits are available on the Microaces website, here's the links for both PDFs:

P-51D Spec Sheet

Fw190 A Spec Sheet

Gives you everything you need to know, hopefully.

But do fire away if you have more!

Jon
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
More videos.....

Here are several more assembly instruction videos that have been uploaded recently on the Microaces Youtube channel.

You can always subscribe to MicroacesTV to keep up with new posted vids too!

Your support would be very welcome and much appreciated.

Jon

MICROACES - Building the tail (8 min 12 sec)

MICROACES - Building the wing Part 1 (3 min 57 sec)