Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:59 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
New Product
The birth of a new Micro Kit Manufacturer – MICROACES

http://microaces.com/

Well it’s taken a while to get it all together but AT LAST the web site is live and I can also reveal the name of the business: 'Microaces Ltd'

Please take a look at the site, check it out thoroughly if you can and let me know what you think. If there are any errors, typos or problems let me know and we can sort them quickly.

And feedback your comments on this thread! It’s phase 1 with plans to develop it further with more build and technique advice plus loads more video and historical information etc.

I really look forward to hearing from you guys as without your inspirational projects, enthusiasm and comments and observations building up to this moment it would have been very much harder to do.

Also if you like what you see please tell others about it too. There’s no money left for advertising at the moment so it’s down to PR (I’ve sent out a press release to all the mags I can find and they seem interested), blogging on various forum sites and by word of mouth.

If these kits prove popular I have plenty more on the drawing board, in my head or by request too.

And on that note, if anyone does want to try out a kit, let us know if the payment process works! (I have tested it - really)

Cheers, Jon

Microaces - Flying History (1 min 29 sec)
deadbird is offline Find More Posts by deadbird
Last edited by deadbird; Oct 12, 2012 at 07:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Jul 2011
141 Posts
Look beautiful, u should do reviews and flight videos and test and post them on youtube!
They are beautiful but look delicate..? how durable are they?
are they capable of dogfighting without crumpling?
lots of questions, also post prices and shipping to usa =]

Are these 3 or 4ch planes? Can I use the radio gear from my parkzone piper cub? Is there a tourtorial for how to wire ur esc onto those boards?
Beeler19 is offline Find More Posts by Beeler19
Last edited by Beeler19; Sep 02, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:17 PM
Canada, ON, Cochrane District
Joined Oct 2011
742 Posts
Crap...

Very nice! I want one of each! But , a bit pricey to get shipped here in Canada. Need to start saving!

cr8tive_leo is offline Find More Posts by cr8tive_leo
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:39 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeler19 View Post
Look beautiful, u should do reviews and flight videos and test and post them on youtube!
They are beautiful but look delicate..? how durable are they?
are they capable of dogfighting without crumpling?
lots of questions, also post prices and shipping to usa =]

Are these 3 or 4ch planes? Can I use the radio gear from my parkzone piper cub? Is there a tourtorial for how to wire ur esc onto those boards?
Hi Beeler19,

Due to the way these aircraft are constructed they are probably tougher than anything else out there. I have flown prototypes into posts, trees, the ground etc with no structural damage and very little cosmetic either. Like the full scale aircraft - they are born to dogfight.

They are 4 channel and based around the spektrum AR6400 and 6400L brick.

If you take a look at the microaces web site you can download a PDF of the full spec of the aircraft and read some about the method of construction. Also have a scan thru an earlier post of mine whilst I was developing them. Should give you more info. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1594150

You can also check out the Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/MicroacesTV

Jon
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:48 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8tive_leo View Post
Crap...

Very nice! I want one of each! But , a bit pricey to get shipped here in Canada. Need to start saving!

Actually you can get all 4 shipped to you for less than $10 as all four weigh less than 2kg. I'll expect an order for the 4 in the morning

In all seriousness the delivery rates for these kits is minimal. UK is £3.95, EU is £4.75 and ROW is £5.99. And that's for multiple kits too as long as its under 2kg.

Details of delivery and times are on the website bottom left: http://microaces.com/checkout.php

Jon
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:29 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,200 Posts
Jon,
congrats on the success full launch of the business! I look forward to getting my "black 8" FW-190 and will do a Review / video build log on my You-tube channel when it arrives and I can get some time home. But going by the photo's you posted of the construction manual, it seems like its going to be a simple affair.
invertmast is offline Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Sep 03, 2012, 03:32 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Thanks Thomas,

That sounds terrific. I was going to put together a quick video this week of how to handle the stickers as some of them are quite intricate and need a bit of 'technique' to master quickly. Difficult to put that across in a manual!

Your kit should be on its way by the end of this week. Just waiting for those spinners to arrive.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:24 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,925 Posts
Very impressive web site, Jon.

Looking forward to getting my kit.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:58 AM
Centreville,VA,USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,941 Posts
DB,

Excellent work and kits.

Pete
mtflyr is offline Find More Posts by mtflyr
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:26 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Thanks guys,

after the effort to get the website live I actually got a chance to go flying today. And used the new 300mAh batteries in anger too. Averaging about 6 mins on the P51. Should be better on the Fw190 as its lighter. Going for an evening buzz around the park while the sun is still shining!

Jon
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:57 PM
A.K.A sir Crashalot
Östersund, SWEDEN
Joined Sep 2005
912 Posts
Excellent website. As a former webdeveloper i see that there has been LOTS of hours just thinking the design up and what a fresh feeling for a webstore... this kind of designs You jsut dont see as swebstores.
I just love the idea to put some pilot and aircraft info in there... very nice feeling.
Very happy i vied this thread.

And the Aircrafts are just shouting for my wallet. Very nice work there too, i'll have to convice the missus that i REALLY need these

/Ulf
methuso is offline Find More Posts by methuso
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:41 PM
Canada, ON, Cochrane District
Joined Oct 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird View Post
Actually you can get all 4 shipped to you for less than $10 as all four weigh less than 2kg. I'll expect an order for the 4 in the morning
So.. less than $10 for all four!? Including Shipping! WOW, I'd buy 40 at that price.

Yup yup, just budgeting, I really like them... Now for some WWI planes... Some Fokkers...

Wifey already rolled her eyes and said surely, bills first, then your toys... WOO! Love my wife!
cr8tive_leo is offline Find More Posts by cr8tive_leo
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:06 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8tive_leo View Post
So.. less than $10 for all four!? Including Shipping! WOW, I'd buy 40 at that price.

Yup yup, just budgeting, I really like them... Now for some WWI planes... Some Fokkers...

Wifey already rolled her eyes and said surely, bills first, then your toys... WOO! Love my wife!
That wasn't worded quite right was it! Oh well, too many nights starring at the screen and not enough sleep.

Actually, all this talk about wives reminds me of a line from a comedy we have over here called Vexed. Its a man/woman cop duo; woman is straight down the line DI with a thirst for knowledge and no social life but very pretty. Guy is stuck in the 90's male chauvinist cop always cutting corners - formula stuff.

Anyway, girl DI is cut up about her parents divorcing. Guy cop turns round and and say, 'dont know what all the fuss is with marriage anyway, if your a guy just find yerself a woman you hate and buy her a house!'

I got that stare across the room when I spontaneously burst out laughing. Just couldnt help it. They should have warnings before lines like that are said!
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:17 PM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by methuso View Post
Excellent website. As a former webdeveloper i see that there has been LOTS of hours just thinking the design up and what a fresh feeling for a webstore... this kind of designs You jsut dont see as swebstores.
I just love the idea to put some pilot and aircraft info in there... very nice feeling.
Very happy i vied this thread.

And the Aircrafts are just shouting for my wallet. Very nice work there too, i'll have to convice the missus that i REALLY need these

/Ulf
Thanks methuso,

I wanted to create an experience on the site with each product, something you couldnt get from a standard store. I love the history behind these planes, I know its not for everyone but it's damn interesting when you dig deeper into these histories.

The product page isnt anywhere near how I wanted it originally but time ran out. Its much more visual and graphical but its in phase 2 of development. A few more months and it should be up.

Solution is simple for the wife, 1 now just to see what its all about then her christmas present to you is all sorted out for the 3 kits on December 25th!
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:29 PM
A.K.A sir Crashalot
Östersund, SWEDEN
Joined Sep 2005
912 Posts
haha. thanks for the tip... she'll love it... or maybe not
methuso is offline Find More Posts by methuso