HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
Connecting GPS to board

I have a Multiwii SE 2.1 with the Nav board and Crius GPS. The connection between the 12c Nav board and the GPS is straightforward with the supplied plugs connect to the labeled plugs. But the connection to the FC is a bit problematic, there is a 4 pin plug that fits the 12c Nav board, but now where on the board to connect it. There is a 5 pin connection on the board, but the individual pins are not the same as the out on the Nav board.
The Nav module is as follows:
Green wire-SCL
Yellow wire-SDA
Red wire-VCC
Black wire-GND
The board has a set of pins marked 12c as follows:
SDA
SCL
3V3
GND
5V

If I use the supplied plug and leave the 5V pin unused, I will still have the SCL and SDA switched. Do I need to swap leads in the plug?
VytasandRio is offline Find More Posts by VytasandRio
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
Bumped to the top, still need help.....
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:00 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VytasandRio View Post
I have a Multiwii SE 2.1 with the Nav board and Crius GPS. The connection between the 12c Nav board and the GPS is straightforward with the supplied plugs connect to the labeled plugs. But the connection to the FC is a bit problematic, there is a 4 pin plug that fits the 12c Nav board, but now where on the board to connect it. There is a 5 pin connection on the board, but the individual pins are not the same as the out on the Nav board.
Green wire-SCL
Yellow wire-SDA
Red wire-VCC
Black wire-GND
SDA
SCL
3V3
GND
5V

If I use the supplied plug and leave the 5V pin unused, I will still have the SCL and SDA switched. Do I need to swap leads in the plug?
Here is a photo of the 3 components connected:
http://www.rctimer.com/syssite/home/...1340294589.jpg

I only see 4 pins on the I2C connector on the FC board.
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
Mine has 5 pins as indicated in my first post. I cannot get the GPS to work, the map in the GUI does not show my indication and the green GPS button is not illuminated in the GUI. The Nav board has a flashing red light and the antenna has a solid blue one. I checked in the config-h file and all the changes suggested for V2.1 are there, but still no GPS....
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:05 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Mine has 5 pins as indicated in my first post. I cannot get the GPS to work, the map in the GUI does not show my indication and the green GPS button is not illuminated in the GUI. The Nav board has a flashing red light and the antenna has a solid blue one. I checked in the config-h file and all the changes suggested for V2.1 are there, but still no GPS....
Can you post a photo of your board?

Or a link to the one you have?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
Here is a link to the page with my FC's pics... Sorry, but I cannot post the actual pic for some reason. It is the bottom picture and shows the 5 pins on the 12c

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/f450-quad...assembled.html
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:18 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Here is a link to the page with my FC's pics... Sorry, but I cannot post the actual pic for some reason. It is the bottom picture and shows the 5 pins on the 12c

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/f450-quad...assembled.html
Can't help you much but maybe look here it has some info about the 5 pin i2c.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...81577&page=146
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
Bump to the top. Can anyone help me out?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:37 AM
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
Help.....?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
And again.........
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
Quote:
Green wire-SCL
Yellow wire-SDA
Red wire-VCC
Black wire-GND
SDA
SCL
3V3
GND
5V

BUMP TO THE TOP again............
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
Ditto
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:03 AM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Green wire-SCL
Yellow wire-SDA
Red wire-VCC
Black wire-GND
SDA
SCL
3V3
GND
5V

Is your GPS 5v or 3.3v? If it requires 5v then you will need to use the 5v supply from your FC board instead of the 3.3v. You will also need to match up the different input/outputs to each other.
Old May 30, 2013, 08:28 PM
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts
Sorry...
Maybe I am too late here, for a question like... Can I use software V2.1 (or V2.2) for HK MultiWii SE V2.0 board?
Thanks.
jroth123 is offline Find More Posts by jroth123
Old May 30, 2013, 08:42 PM
Just Keeping UP
United States, ID, Moyie Springs
Joined May 2004
1,769 Posts
Yes, MultiWii v2.1 and 2.2 will both run. I suggest you use v2.2.

Nick
nfhill is offline Find More Posts by nfhill