HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:46 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakon View Post
Got it all figured out. took me a few hours but I got it. When I arm the motors are they supposed to automatically start spinning? Is there any way to not have this happen?
Yes, there is a configuration for avoid motor spinning when you arm the board.
Code:
   /* motors will not spin when the throttle command is in low position
       this is an alternative method to stop immediately the motors */
    #define MOTOR_STOP
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:49 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanek View Post
They are supposed to, because if you do hard manuevers and the control board lowers the throttle on one side to idle, and the motors stop spinning you will crash. That is why idle with the throttle armed spins the motors slowly. But it can be disabled. Lower the value for Minthrottle in the config.h
NO

Minthottle has a different usage ... this should be always the slowest but smoothes value that allow motor+esc to spin slowly a propeller ...

In theory you should make some experiment for find this value.

This value kick in during the mixing .. that is needed for control the quad .. like push more power on one motor, and slow down the opposite one ... but ... if you stop the motor during this mixing, then the quad may have serious problem to keep the balance in place
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:33 AM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
946 Posts
After a quick spin up of the motors today I have learned that my motors are not stabilizing correctly. Does anyone by chance have a working hexacopter ardunio program for me to compare with mine?
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:50 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
946 Posts
So it seems my problem has been isolated to one for now, when I move the throttle up a hair the back left motor spins up while all the others will not even start 'till around half throttle. Is there any way I can right this? Do I need to calibrate my ESCs in a certain manner? Or do I need to adjust something in the Arduino program?
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:23 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakon View Post
So it seems my problem has been isolated to one for now, when I move the throttle up a hair the back left motor spins up while all the others will not even start 'till around half throttle. Is there any way I can right this? Do I need to calibrate my ESCs in a certain manner? Or do I need to adjust something in the Arduino program?
You may have wrong gyro calibration, or most probably a reverse gyro direction ... also a wrong motor spinning ...

You may want to check on the GUI, without ESC mounted which signal you give to the board.

If the TX is not center as the Board expected, you may have quite off results.

ESC calibration ... is needed based on the type of ESC ... most of ESC learn the low level every time they get power up ... so no ESC calibration is needed. ... Still calibrate the end point consistently between all the ESC can help .... but it will not effect your problem

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
Hi

please help me which controller to choose and you think why ??

1. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_w_FTDI.html

2. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...DSM2_Port.html

3. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_w_FTDI.html

4. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rol_Board.html
Lejna is offline Find More Posts by Lejna
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:53 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,063 Posts
It is all about what you are looking for?

Fpv or acro or relax fly?

Quad or aeroplane ?

Pnf or hack your self?

Since you don't sound experience ... as first controller for a quad I suggest KK2.0 that has an LCD

Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
relax fly , little acro and maybe in the future FPV

i have quadcopter X but my controller is KK Blackboard and I am not happy with this controller so I want to change to something better and I wonder if most of the "MultiWii SE V2.0 Flight Controller w/FTDI" no.1

what do you think ?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:30 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lejna View Post
relax fly , little acro and maybe in the future FPV

i have quadcopter X but my controller is KK Blackboard and I am not happy with this controller so I want to change to something better and I wonder if most of the "MultiWii SE V2.0 Flight Controller w/FTDI" no.1

what do you think ?
MultiWii is about messing on PC ... I think it make sense for the Return Home functionality ... plus it has a magnetometer that can be handy ... anyhow the MultiWii board are cheper from rctimer.com ... 28$ for the original and fully equiped board

The kk2.0 has a big advantage of be fully configurable without a PC

I test both, and both fly same to me ... multiwii can do more ... but I spend a lot of time for set it up

Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
this is the same controller ???

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...1&productname=

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_w_FTDI.html
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:44 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,063 Posts
Yes, exactly same ... the rctimer does not come with ftdi adapter ... but you may use a atmega usb programmer instead, that you may have already

I may be wrong, but rctimer has the real board, while hk has a clone
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
OK I ordered today in rctimer this controller and adapter ftdi
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Aug 2012
16 Posts
I bought the RC timer version of the CRIUS multiwii V2.0 board and flashed it using the Arduino IDE with multiwii V2.1
Everything works fine, it flies and self levels , plus I'm not getting any I2C errors in the Gui, however the baro and mag dont seem to work.

i got too many I2C errors when i used the #define CRIUS_SE
so i had to use the #define CRIUS_AIO_PRO_V1

Can anyone advise what settings to make to get this board to use the baro and mag?
scanman1 is offline Find More Posts by scanman1
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:15 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanman1 View Post
I bought the RC timer version of the CRIUS multiwii V2.0 board and flashed it using the Arduino IDE with multiwii V2.1
Everything works fine, it flies and self levels , plus I'm not getting any I2C errors in the Gui, however the baro and mag dont seem to work.

i got too many I2C errors when i used the #define CRIUS_SE
so i had to use the #define CRIUS_AIO_PRO_V1

Can anyone advise what settings to make to get this board to use the baro and mag?
Can you activate them in GUI? You have to assign the aux sw that you want to use to activate them. Or check low, mid, high on one of the switch settings in the GUI. You should see the baro or mag buttons turn green indicating they are active.
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
how to program this board ?
What program should I use ?
which in turn have to do the programming board can someone show me in the video ?