Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Thomas B, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:41 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,509 Posts
Discussion
Lots of upcoming events.

Getting into the very busy fall event season, here.

Currently panning on attending the B-17 Gathering and Big Bird event down at Bomber Field in Monaville, TX on Sept 14, 15 and 16.

Two weeks later will be at DEAF in Dallas on Sept 29 for that great electric event.

And the very next day, Sept 30, my great R/C club, the Fort Worth Thunderbirds, is having it's 50th anniversary celebration with a big R/C airshow and an open house at our new flying field! Planning on bringing LOTs of models for the static display and a fair number to fly in the event.

Then off to BEST in New Waverly, TX for that great electric fly in on Oct 6 and 7.

Might work in some other October events, but also have to prep for TEX, the Texas Electric eXpo, on Nov 3, which is the electric fly in I run at Thunderbird Field.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:57 PM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,735 Posts
Tom,

What are you bringing for Bomber Field? I'll be there videotaping, flying my Pawnee, performing the WWII aerotow with Terry's C-47 and Waco, and having a good time!

See ya. -Lee
YarSmythe is offline Find More Posts by YarSmythe
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:08 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarsmythejr View Post
Tom,

What are you bringing for Bomber Field? I'll be there videotaping, flying my Pawnee, performing the WWII aerotow with Terry's C-47 and Waco, and having a good time!

See ya. -Lee
Work might prevent me from coming to Bomber Field, but still planning on it for now...will know by next Wed.

Bringing an 80" Starmax B-17, my Pawnee, the 72" Cox/Pica Waco YMF and my 80" H9 Twin Otter and possibly the big 80" foamy P-40 that LX makes and BH sells, if it gets done in time. Might bring a few little planes for after official event hours.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:21 PM
DC3 Crazy
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
1/2a Learjet article

Hi Thomas,

I'm new here and I'm considering a return to this hobby after more than 15 years...

I know my post has nothing to do with the thread but please read on...

The electric era has rekindled my interest in flying rc planes.

I'm interested in building a 1/2a Learjet has seen in the RCM 4-79 issue and converting it to an electric pusher. I read in one of your old post that you have the article somewhere.

Would it be possible for you to scan it and send it to me; I would like to see the difficulty of building it.

Thanks.
ybourdeau is offline Find More Posts by ybourdeau