HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:01 AM
Norway
Joined Jul 2008
55 Posts
Discussion
Good RC car for a 4 year old

Trying to stear my son into the right path, I have bought him a few RC cars over the years. Think he's on his third, all cheap crap. I got him a Ninco car a couple of months back, and he's now were he's actuallt stearing it instead of just running into things. The antenna on the radio is broken in 2-3 places already, and I'm thinking I might get him his first half decent car. One of the problems is the transmitter, at only 4 years he got tiny hands, and often the transmitters gets quite large for him to hold and stear correctly. Second issue, speed. For once less is more. I would love to have him use my E-Revo, but he will ofcource break that in seconds with the insane speed. So I want something thats slow enough for him to be able to controll, I should have no problem running past the car.

Also, something where you can get parts if something breaks is a nice plus.

Any advice on what brand or modells might suite him? Should I stick to the 20$ stuff I have been buying, or spend money or something way better?
Felborn is online now Find More Posts by Felborn
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
get spectrum for your e revo and turn the throttle travel down or put a wedge behind and infront of the throttle on the e revo
mansma is offline Find More Posts by mansma
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:46 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
I would say maybe a 1/24 or 1/18 Losi. The Micro SCT is good, and it does have a smaller transmitter. if it would be more outdoors, go with the 1/18 scale mini t or something similar.
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:05 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,201 Posts
I would agree on the Losi Micro. They are fast enough to help him build driving skills, but they are so light that they bounce off of anything without breaking no matter how fast you are going or what you hit. And the 1/24 Micro SCT is the best. It has 4wd and oil filled shocks for good handling
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:39 AM
Norway
Joined Jul 2008
55 Posts
All good advices so fare, thanks guys. Any opinions on the HPI Mini Recon?
Felborn is online now Find More Posts by Felborn
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:58 AM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,201 Posts
I haven't heard much about HPI, for good or bad
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek