HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:54 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Help!
First quadcopter build and having problems :(

Hi

Really hope someone can help me here. Been scratching my head for almost 2 days now.

I have just brought a quadcopter x525 deluxe which come with a KK Board v5.5

I have a Turnigy 9X transmitter and receiver.

Problem I am having is when I plug the battery in I get 3 beeps (no leds flash) and then a pause and then 1 beeps about every second and thats it.

I know the TX and receiver are working and all the ESC & motors as I have put each ESC into the RX and it arms and power up and so on

but when I plug them all back into the board and I power on I just get the 3 beeps at the start and then a pause followed by just the one beep every second or so

This is my first build and I am very very new to the hobby

Many thanks in advance for any help and advice

John
johnrs is offline Find More Posts by johnrs
Last edited by johnrs; Sep 01, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:49 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Apr 2012
328 Posts
Sounds like your ESCs are waiting for communication to the board. Have you tied calibrating your ESCs? It sounds like no power going to the board. PM me if you want I can get this solved for you
vcazan is offline Find More Posts by vcazan
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
PM sent. thanks
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:09 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
reverse throttle channel in radio

esc beep because they think you are giving full throttle when connecting lipo thus going into program mode
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neobot View Post
reverse throttle channel in radio

esc beep because they think you are giving full throttle when connecting lipo thus going into program mode
Think I have done that right

Went into the Menu, FUNC Settings, [REVERSE] and then to THR - This was set to REV so I changed it to normal and it made no difference. so have put it back again for now

From some of the videos I have seen there should be a LED light, but on my board it doesn't flash
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:02 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Apr 2012
328 Posts
make sure your pitch roll and yaw pots are at 50%
vcazan is offline Find More Posts by vcazan
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
39 Posts
What are your trims and subtrims set at? I had a similar problem when I swapped out a HK board for a KK board on a TX that WAS working. Turns out that for me, the subtrims were causing a problem, so I set them back to zero, and had to re-setup the TX from scratch. Hope this helps.
a2j812 is offline Find More Posts by a2j812
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2j812 View Post
What are your trims and subtrims set at? I had a similar problem when I swapped out a HK board for a KK board on a TX that WAS working. Turns out that for me, the subtrims were causing a problem, so I set them back to zero, and had to re-setup the TX from scratch. Hope this helps.
Thanks. Have tried that. Spent about an hours with vcazan on skype trying to sort this. Its looking like a faulty board as the LED does not even come on

Thanks again
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:48 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrs View Post
Hi

Really hope someone can help me here. Been scratching my head for almost 2 days now.

I have just brought a quadcopter x525 deluxe which come with a KK Board v5.5

I have a Turnigy 9X transmitter and receiver.

Problem I am having is when I plug the battery in I get 3 beeps (no leds flash) and then a pause and then 1 beeps about every second and thats it.

I know the TX and receiver are working and all the ESC & motors as I have put each ESC into the RX and it arms and power up and so on

but when I plug them all back into the board and I power on I just get the 3 beeps at the start and then a pause followed by just the one beep every second or so

This is my first build and I am very very new to the hobby

Many thanks in advance for any help and advice

John
Original FW on board is from Minsoo Kim if I'm not wrong...so if board is not armed, then you get this beeps every second from ESC's if they don't receive valid signal. When you'll arm the board, then beeps will go away. Maybe you can flash your board with different FW.

Did you calibrate ESC's?
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser