SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 01, 2012, 03:48 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
Question
OSD level indicator tilted randomly

Hi Guys, thought I would post this here as the multirotor forum is playing up. Ignore the title, somehow its grabbed an old question.

I have installed the new firmware but find the OSD doesnt switch on till after 1 minute if my Hexa is fired up from being off for a while. I can get the OSD to come on quickly if I first connect a battery, let it go through the sequence and then disconnect the battery. Then I can connect a battery and the OSD comes on at the end of the beginning sequence etc.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Last edited by Stacky; Sep 01, 2012 at 04:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:28 AM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
Joined Dec 2008
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Hi Guys, thought I would post this here as the multirotor forum is playing up. Ignore the title, somehow its grabbed an old question.

I have installed the new firmware but find the OSD doesnt switch on till after 1 minute if my Hexa is fired up from being off for a while. I can get the OSD to come on quickly if I first connect a battery, let it go through the sequence and then disconnect the battery. Then I can connect a battery and the OSD comes on at the end of the beginning sequence etc.
remove this post
windfou is offline Find More Posts by windfou
Last edited by windfou; Sep 05, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:15 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
windfou, the HF team arent really on this forum very often. They have moved their support to the multirotor forums. I just posted it here because the multirotor forums were not working well one day. I will post again on the other forums soon.

A question I have, why do you need gps and how will you use it?
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:23 AM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
734 Posts
Stacky.....I will check the OSD issue out later today. I hadn't noticed it before.

The OSD does always have a delay mainly because it waits for good sensor data for turning on. Not sure why it would come back up quickly after a disconnect.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,458 Posts
Quote:
windfou, the HF team arent really on this forum very often. They have moved their support to the multirotor forums. I just posted it here because the multirotor forums were not working well one day. I will post again on the other forums soon.

A question I have, why do you need gps and how will you use it?
ok sorry but i don't find any hoverfly tread in this section thanks

yes i want the gps for AP work and also i need in a case I lose my orientation or
signal lost so it can go rth and finaly i need a osd for my fpv gear i already have
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:39 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
Cool, the GPS thing is something I dont yet need but will do one day. You will find the Hoverfly guys are going to become more active over at this forum http://www.multirotorforums.com/foru...ies-Inc.-Forum
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:39 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
Thanks Al, its not something Im worried about just thought it might be something I had noticed that may be of use in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photronix View Post
Stacky.....I will check the OSD issue out later today. I hadn't noticed it before.

The OSD does always have a delay mainly because it waits for good sensor data for turning on. Not sure why it would come back up quickly after a disconnect.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Cool, the GPS thing is something I dont yet need but will do one day. You will find the Hoverfly guys are going to become more active over at this forum http://www.multirotorforums.com/foru...ies-Inc.-Forum
I tought you have the gps already anyway big thanks for the forum link
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:45 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
No, not me. I am finding the AH works well enough for me when taking stills with my Hexa and Im trying to be careful when flying LOS so I am always ok to land. I might get GPS once HF has their software work on a Mac
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:32 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,458 Posts
Quote:
No, not me. I am finding the AH works well enough for me when taking stills with my Hexa and Im trying to be careful when flying LOS so I am always ok to land. I might get GPS once HF has their software work on a Mac
i think me too for now because first i have no support for my current question
and 2. i will wait the next firmware upgrade for better stability in wind condition
i really love the octo , i made 5 fligth with and the stability is very good ! but i decided to change my motor dt750 and i want to know if ntm motor are better motor or sk3 and turnigy motor