HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:31 PM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
Rant
Internet Fraud

Hi all,I know this type of thing happens all the time to anyone and has just happened to me,well I only buy from Hobby King and that's where this has originated from,well I get onto the bank cause there was a payment pending on my account that I didn't know about,so I rang the bank informing them that this is not me and not to pay it,but guess what...they don't care they are going to pay it anyhow,an then...I have to put in a request to get my money back W7F!! ...I don't understand these actions,when they talk about fraud an how rampid it is and how much it's costing them but they still proceed with the transaction now I'm out of pocket 300bucks,lucky for me I've got backup...but what about the others out there that couldn't afford it..Bugger me this system SUCKS!!

Just my 2cents

1st timer
1st timer is offline Find More Posts by 1st timer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:34 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,320 Posts
How did you pay for the item you bought?
cody069 is online now Find More Posts by cody069
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:35 PM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
Thats bizzare isn't it

Do you pay with credit card through hobbyking, or through paypal?
discostu956 is offline Find More Posts by discostu956
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Jul 2007
8,702 Posts
Get a PayPal account. You will have protection then.
Zootster is online now Find More Posts by Zootster
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:52 AM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
I have a seperate account that I put money into....
I've just been told it is debit tho
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,320 Posts
Go with paypal..A bit safer
cody069 is online now Find More Posts by cody069
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:07 AM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
Yep, that's what tha missus said were going to do from now on and I've informed HK as well,not blaming them or anything just a friendly this is what happened,and there's probaly nothing theycan do anyway
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:10 AM
Jets Suck (and blow)
Australia, QLD, Deception Bay
Joined Jan 2008
1,822 Posts
I use Paypal for this reason.

However.

I have had Matercard for 30 years, they refunded my airfare tickets when a domestic airline folded in the 80's, they ring me when a payment overseas looks out of place.

Seems they are on my side
Peril is offline Find More Posts by Peril
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:13 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,481 Posts
yesterday i seen a item on ebay the listing had ended i emailed the seller asking if he still wanted to sell the item he said yes i called him up on his provided number on the ebay auction i asked if he could relist the items on ebay he replied i dont want to deal with ebay i said ok how are we going to do this he goes dont email me through ebay or by email heres my bank details over the phone deposit the money and txt me your address for shipping to YEAH RIGHT!!!! scum bag there friggen everywhere these days
gazza2003au is offline Find More Posts by gazza2003au
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:19 AM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
yeah I've been spamed like that on gumtree....mongrol's
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:38 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
What's hobbyking got to do with this?

If its got nothing to do with them you really should remove the reference.
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:58 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,832 Posts
I got frauded the other night, 2 x 10c withdrawals then an attempted $900 or so attempt. My visa/bank stopped the card after the first one cause it was made in Canada and they knew I wasn't in Canada. They have killed the card and are sending me a new one. The only place I've ever dealt with in Canada is truerc.net but that was ages ago.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:02 AM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
well the thing is I only use my card for HK only,was is over the internet,this is the only time I use the internet for buying,all the rest is cash at the Lhs's. I'm abit old fashion like that,money goes in and the next day I go to the bank an get it out,the wife has separate account and the last time I used my card over the internet it was with Hobby King.
And for everyones reference I've been in contact with them,and they are cool with the situation,there words were "we appreciate the valuable information"
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:48 AM
Australia, VIC, Shepparton
Joined Jun 2011
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st timer View Post
well the thing is I only use my card for HK only,was is over the internet,this is the only time I use the internet for buying,all the rest is cash at the Lhs's. I'm abit old fashion like that,money goes in and the next day I go to the bank an get it out,the wife has separate account and the last time I used my card over the internet it was with Hobby King.
And for everyones reference I've been in contact with them,and they are cool with the situation,there words were "we appreciate the valuable information"
Just make sure you dont have a keylogger on your computer so a nice deep scan on your computer with a few diffrent virus protection just ot be safe
jeffhines2673 is offline Find More Posts by jeffhines2673
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:02 AM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
Yep already looking into that thankx