HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:40 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
Careful!
A Satisfied Customer after a lengthy experience.....

SO...I read the poor reviews and opted to give you guys a try myself....I ordered not one, but two planes, an FMS 1400mm Corsair and an ART-TECH 1400mm AT-6....Almost everything was perfect with the FMS, however the AT-6 was beyond usable and for the money, these issues should never have passed any reasonable form of QC....This is where it goes from bad to worse.

I ordered on 8/8/2012 and received the shipment on 8/14/2012, I immediately notified Banana Via Phone and spoke with Larry in regards to the issues:

Copy of email:

Larry,

Thank you for your prompt email...

The issues are the tail section of the Fusealge where the Horiz/Vert Stab is to be installed was crushed, the box (glossy, not outer carton) appears to have been dropped.....

The decals on the left side of the Fuse were improperly installed and skewed (during mfg'g)...

The ESC and electronics were not properly protected with heat shrink and have exposed conductors...Potential fire hazzard if shorted especially with a lipo...

The main wing is comprised of two components assembled as a sandwhich (one interlocking with the other) when the spar is inserted the sandwhich comes apart and would likely result in an in-flight failure of the wings...

------

I also received the 1430mm Corsair from FMS today...This tail was also compressed, however it is workable and doesnt seem anything but cosmetic, however the glue that was included in the kid, had leaked in it's box and is dried out and not usable anymore, so I need that piece replaced...

See attached pictures...

Please send a replacement arf, and if possible please inspect prior to shipping...Also, I assume you are going to send a call tag for the defective kit...I can give it to the ups driver, or if you send me the call tag for the return I can drop it off at the UPS facility and email you back so you know it is in their posession....

Please expedite this return.

Kindest Regards,

Michael Bennett

Larry requested pictures by email and assigned a Case number # 00032992

I sent the pictures immediately...via email...

8/15, larry responded that i will hear from him in 24-48 hours with a RMA number and a form 920.... (Really, why did i send the pictures to now wait another 1-2 days?!?)

8/17 Sent an Email to Larry asking for the RMA...Had not received a response yet...

8/20 Notified Larry via email that I was still waiting for an RMA...and this time I phone BH directly and spoke with Renee...whom sent a UPS call tag to have the unit shipped back to them...I ran home, printed the call tag and dropped it off at the local UPS pickup location....

Later in the evening, Larry finally responded with the RMA number and form 920...Indicating that i needed the attache both to the return...I notified him that i had already recieved and processed the return to them with the previously sent call tag that did not include these requirements...

8/21 intercepted the package at UPS and attached the FORM 920, and wrote the RMA number on the box....

On 8/21 I sent the following email....

Larry/Renee,

I was able to intercept the package at the UPS center as it had not been picked up yet. I added the form in a packing slip envelope on the front of the package, and I wrote the RMA number on the box and label for tracking. The tracking for the label Renee sent was 1ZX388V49090260762.

I would like to take a moment and say I am dissappointed that my experience has mirrored that expressed on the various R/C forums such as Rcgroups.com. You have a unique product at a unique price point, and I for one was excited to find cost effective, decent looking planes and parts and would have gladly spent my hobby dollars with your company. This return on a clearly defective plane, which I notified the same day I received it including detailed pictures has taken way to long to even get approval to return. Your policy of not shipping out a replacement, and quoting a 10-15 day turn around for processing, means that I am now facing 4-5 days for you to receive it, 10-15 days for you to process it, and 4-5 days to receive a replacement, adding the week delay to even start this process, we are looking at a 25 day turn around from the day I received the damaged/defective plane. I am concerned that i will receive a replacment in a similar fashion, as I dont know that someone in your company will carefully inspect not only the airframe, but also the electronic components as well to make sure I dont receive another defective plane. I have chosen to not publicly air my grivevances online at the moment, but I am going to ask that you all find a way to expedite this exchange and find a way to make up for the complete lack of professional service up to this point.

I will be needing to order extra prop/hub for my FMS corsair 1430mm as well as for the AT-6 from Art-Tech, we are going to need batteries for both planes and we have options besides Banana Hobby. In addition, there were at least two or three additional airplanes that caught my eye, but i would be hard pressed at this point to actually trust BH again. I am hoping that you find a way to rectify this sooner than later, as I would hope to continue working with your company in the future, but I will not do so if this is the normal business practices.

Regards,

Micahel Bennett

8/24/2012 Package was received at BH by Judy at 10:36am PST

8/27/2012 BH acknowledged return of the package and a 10-15 day processing time.... (for what reason I dont understand, as they HAD pictures sent on the day I received it, and all I asked for was a replacement, that was pre-inspected prior to shipping to ensure I do not have a repeat experience....)

8/30/2012 Called for an update...waited on hold for 15 minutes and had to hang up for a client
8/31/2012 Called for Status and was told the RMA department has it, the request was pre-noted to expedite the return and the product was in for "Diagnostic testing", I informed her of the pictures and the fact that all they had to do was verify the pictures with the damage and simply send a replacment...I was re-informed that they have it and there was nothing else she could do, I reiterated my displeasure with their handling of my return and that It would be difficult to give them more business....

I have never, ever, had so much BS dealing with a product that needs to be returned....You have had my money for almost a month now, your initial response was within reasonable expectations, but after that the Ball has been dropped repeatedly...your only offer at renumeration was a special code for 10% off, where all I wanted was an immediate replacment shipped...the plane I received was in an un-acceptable condition, and all I wanted was a replacement which should have shipped out, the same day your received my defective plane. Most companies, would have handled this issue in that fashion, or sent an adavance replacement with a call tag, so when the new one was delivered UPS could have picked up the return.

This is absurd...I understand these are chinese made planes and very inexpensive, but that is no excuse for the condition it was received in...the original carton was undamaged, proving it was not a shipping issue, however the MFR carton was creased 1/3 of the way on the TAIL side and the corner was crushed indicating it had been dropped prior to leaving the BH facility.

An, as for the noted request for an expedite....It clearly has not been expedited in any way shape or form...

Michael Bennett

Michael Bennett
hepcatz is offline Find More Posts by hepcatz
Last edited by hepcatz; Oct 23, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi hepcatz! Your replacement AT-6 Texan is currently processing at the moment, and will be shipped out as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding. -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
Sebastion,

Any chance at Substituting the Giant T28 in silver instead of the T-6....Please...
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
9/7/2012

Last update was it will be another 4-7 days before shipping, and havent heard anything in about 4 days...This is really getting frustrating...I have never had a defective item get replaced (not yet) in such a fashion...

Your company really REALLY needs to evaluate your business and customer service practices...This is absurd!

hepactz
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:46 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi hepcatz! I do apologize for any discrepancies and misunderstandings. Replacement orders will typically require 4-7 business days for processing before the orders ship out. Some pending orders may have been delayed due to the fact that a holiday had followed the previous weekend's non-business days. Thank you for your patience and understanding, sir! -Seba
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
Still waiting and have had no communication whatsoever, in fact, one CSR previously provided a coupon code as renumeration for all this difficulty, and despite all of what I am going thru with this company, I tried ordering another plane with a couple of Lipo's and the coupon code was not valid...so I cancelled the order before processing...

On 8/31 an email stated 4-7 days...It is now the 12th of September and I still do not have confirmation that a replacment has been shipped, and that will still take another 5 days plus from California....

ABSURD!!!!

hepcatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi hepcatz! I do apologize for any discrepancies and misunderstandings. Replacement orders will typically require 4-7 business days for processing before the orders ship out. Some pending orders may have been delayed due to the fact that a holiday had followed the previous weekend's non-business days. Thank you for your patience and understanding, sir! -Seba
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
Day 8 since Banana Last communicated with me stating "4-7 Days to process the shipment", Still have not received an email with shipping information, and now SEBA is not returning direct PM's in regards to the status. I also emailed Larry whom provided a discount code and also requested status and an updated code and they have not replied....

FYI...In the last 30 days, you have lost a lot of business, approximately 1100.00...Had you handled this issue like any other business, I would have gladly spent my hobby dollars with you, however I have since received far superior service from Hobby King, PW-RC, RC Castle and Horizon Hobbies....In fact, Horizon sent a damaged wing for a Stinson, and managed to send a perfect replacement immediately.

There is no reason, and approved replacement should take 4-7 days to slap a label on a box and put it on the UPS pallet for pickup.

You have had my money now for over 30 days and I still have nothing to show for it.

If this is not concluded within the next 7 days, and I mean an acceptable replacement in my possession, I will turn to my credit card company for a charge back and let them handle this issue from that point forward.

I have tried to be reasonable and I have tried to be patient, however "you" have shown an absolute lack of any acceptable treatment for a customer.

hepcatz
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:32 AM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
This story makes me sick.......

BH WHERE ARE YOU ON THIS????
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Post this on their FB so everyone can see and dont stop until you get a reponse
TheGrayMan is offline Find More Posts by TheGrayMan
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi hepcatz! I do apologize for any delays and inconvenience. I have notified the warehouse of this matter and will try to have your replacement order shipped out by the end of today. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding! -Seba
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
Another Update...I just received UPS Tracking information from BH that a 6 lb package has been processed, and tracking shows the origin scan from Baldwin Park California, which indicates it might be UPS's collective hands...

Keeping my fingers crossed and maybe say a little prayer to the RC gods tonight, that I receive a pristine AT-6 and this nightmare is finally finished...

On a side note, I ordered the new P-51 from (FMS V7) from Hong Kong on Monday and it looks like it might beat this shipment from BH...

Persistance helps, but honestly, the process to get what we order in an acceptable condition simply should not take a month, especially when a replacement is already instock.

I will of course update the thread once I have a delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi hepcatz! I do apologize for any delays and inconvenience. I have notified the warehouse of this matter and will try to have your replacement order shipped out by the end of today. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding! -Seba
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
Replacement Came in today....DAMAGED AGAIN....

I received my replacement today....I just completed inspection...No carton damage, except for a small tear on the outer carton...I opened up the package and immediately found another damaged tail....

This time:

Damaged and separated tail section
Damaged Horizontal Stab (Control rod mounting plate has separated, See picture, in un-opened bag
Vertical Stab has a chunk missing at top of fin
Main Wing 1 - Entire section is not glued and separates...See pic with fingers spread to show entire unglued section
Main Wing 2 - Numerous Issues...Wing tip light fillet was glued in incorrectly and is not flush with wing tip, spar channel has an LED wire glued in right in the middle of where the spar should slide in...Not passable and doesnt move up or down.
Plastic flap actuator/connector was not glued on and fell out of wing bag
Chips of the finish on the top, and around canopy looking either used, or banged up.
Navy decal cut or cracked upon application (again)

Front cowl crooked......

I don't know who's at fault here as I requested that BH inspect the model for any damage prior to shipping a replacement, or ART-TECH for allowing this to pass QC inspection (apparently inspector 23 needs to be re-trained)....

SO...Banana Hobby...This is now become something totally un-acceptable...

I will email you guys again, and this time I sending pictures ahead of time...
Last edited by hepcatz; Sep 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: added pictures
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:56 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,311 Posts
Heres there Facebook page give them hell
https://www.facebook.com/bananahobbyonline
https://twitter.com/BananaHobby
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
Giving them an opportunity to make good...

I just spoke with Larry at Banana Hobby, and he asked for an email with pictures...

I am sending that as I write this and sent the following email:

Larry,

Just got off the phone with you, I will attach the photos....

Outer shipping carton shows no signs of drop or damage in any way....Inner carton shows creasing in a couple of areas...

This time:

Damaged and separated tail section
Damaged Horizontal Stab (Control rod mounting plate has separated, See picture, in un-opened bag
Vertical Stab has a chunk missing at top of fin
Main Wing 1 - Entire section is not glued and separates...See pic with fingers spread to show entire unglued section
Main Wing 2 - Numerous Issues...Wing tip light fillet was glued in incorrectly and is not flush with wing tip, spar channel has an LED wire glued in right in the middle of where the spar should slide in...Not passable and doesnt move up or down.
Plastic flap actuator/connector was not glued on and fell out of wing bag
Chips of the finish on the top, and around canopy looking either used, or banged up.
Navy decal cut or cracked upon application (again)

Front cowl crooked......

I have lost all faith in Art-Tech as this is clearly a QC issue. I do not want a Art-Tech product as a replacement, instead I would like to choose another item. I also have a battery purchased specifically for this airplane that I do not have another use for, has not been utilized during this exchange/replacement process, so I would like this returned as well...I was also sent a 10% coupon by you for the difficulty that I was having with the return and damaged item, so I would like that factored into the replacement product as well.

I will be looking for a UPS Return Label and will ship it once received, however I would like to state, that I will not accept another 30 day return process. I expect that this second return will actually be handled in an expedient manner and any replacement choice will be sent out without delay.

I will of course update the RCGroups website in regards to how every BH chooses to handle this, and I would much rather report a stellar experience than a re-hash of the previous process.

Regards,

Michael Bennett

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Banana Hobby Customer Support <customersupport@bananahobby.com> wrote:
Dear Michael,

Please attach the photos you have when you reply back.

Thank you,
Larry
Banana Hobby Support

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 9/12/2012 1:45 PM
To: customersupport@bananahobby.com
Subject: Re: Banana Hobby Customer Support Case # 00032992 [ ref:_00DU0JfEC._500U04fhIr:ref ]

Still waiting....Please advise...

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Banana Hobby Customer Support <
customersupport@bananahobby.com> wrote:

> __________________________________________________
> When replying, type your text above this line. Please only reply to this
> email. Do not send new emails directly to the support center.
>
> Dear Michael,
>
> Thank you for your continued patience and support with Banana Hobby. I am
> pleased to inform that your return is now nearing its final processing
> steps. At this time, the item you returned has been diagnosed and looked
> over. We will be arriving at the conclusion of replacing your entire Large
> AT-6 Texan ARF KIT. A request will be made for the replacements and once
> submitted, there will be a processing period of 4-7 business days. Once the
> replacements have shipped, you will receive an e-mail with the tracking
> information.
>
> Best Regards,
> Alex
> Banana Hobby Customer Support Center
> 15751 Tapia St.
> Irwindale, CA 91706
> Tel. 626-373-2288 Fax 626-529-0056
>
>
> ref:_00DU0JfEC._500U04fhIr:ref

I hope to report back a positive experience....They certainly have an opportunity to make a horrible situation better....FWI...Originally ordered on 8/8/2012 and it is 9/20/2012 today....
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
Just received a reply from Larry at Banana Hobby, So far this is a faster response since the last "episode" and hopefully they will have an answer for me today....I would like to get this sent back...and get something else going.