HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:31 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,919 Posts
My polyhedral wing tips so far have been 2/3rd's flat and 1/3rd in the two tips. And that has worked OK. So 6-24-6 should work well for you. And make the rise about 1-1/2" on each tip. That seems to work well.

Do you plane to put ailerons on the wing? It will fly well without them and that can even be added later if you want. Flying it RET at first is good for the initial learning.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
292 Posts
no jack no ailerons on the wing yet since im a newy ,wat is RET,is the pic below wat u mean for the dihedral,so i leave the fuse the same 34inches right jack?
romanxdsouza is online now Find More Posts by romanxdsouza
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:17 AM
plane crasher extrordinaire
United States, IL, Waukegan
Joined Sep 2012
490 Posts
R.e.t stands for rudder.elevator.throttle.
And it needs less dihedrel in the tips.
Put the middle part of the wing on a flat surface and at the end of each wing tip add a object that is somewhere between 1 and 2 inches high. But remember whatever you do do the same for each side otherwize your plane will want to turn with out you giving it any control input. Just my 2 cents.
microairman1 is offline Find More Posts by microairman1
Last edited by microairman1; Oct 05, 2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:36 AM
Joined Aug 2012
292 Posts
have u worked with depron camberd wings with polydihedral
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Aug 2012
292 Posts
hey jack,i want to learn to use a flight stimulator on my futaba transmitter t6ex , how do i download it for free online, cant find 1 where i stay, and how is it connected to my laptop
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:52 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,919 Posts
I haven't done that. I saw a recent post where this was mentioned:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110944632437

I think that one comes with some software included. I know there are some freeware flight simulators but don't have any experience with any of them. Have you tried a search on the forums for flight sim?

Jack
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:36 AM
Joined Aug 2012
292 Posts
need to knw some1 whoes used flight sim on the futaba then will move to buying im doing my reasearch thou, wating for servos n some baswood, plane almost ready will put picks soon made it fully detachable wings and fuse any idea for detachable SKID
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:48 AM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,972 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/simulators-172/
http://www.rcgroups.com/foamies-scratchbuilt-428/
Be sure to read the stickies, there are lot of easy to build (and easy to fly) models in them.
Construction tips are abundant.
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Aug 2012
292 Posts
jack check this out mounts quite strong waiting for basswood for le and te and servos, first build so a bit messy and heavy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Aug 2012
292 Posts
jack sorry dint do polydihedral was ver difficult to shape for the first time depron 5mm, secondly coudnt find the best glue hear used hot glue every were but strong
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Aug 2012
292 Posts
thanks ron will check it out
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:48 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,919 Posts
Ze plane! Ze plane!

I don't know if you remember Fantasy Island (a U.S. TV program) but I seen an airplane there and it looks like it will fly.

You are using different materials and building techniques so we'll all learn from it. Proceed gently and you'll do fine.

The wing will be fine, the dihedral will give you the stability, and it will all work out.

Jack
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
292 Posts
haha i dint see it thou, all these ideas came to me from the rubber band model airplanes http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...inistick/page7 especially the wing and rudder joints the elev can b done the same way but its to much for a start,im scared to do madien coz its my first time dont know much about CG,and using futaba ,triming it,have to research alot b4 flyin this white bird ,hard here to be a BEGGINER and build alone,if this bird flys well will go in for lighter ss with polydhideral........touch wood haha

jack any ideas about detachable wire SKID will help a lot to fit in a box then,ive got a wheel aswell
Last edited by romanxdsouza; Oct 10, 2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:20 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,919 Posts
"..jack any ideas about detachable wire SKID will help a lot to fit in a box then,ive got a wheel aswell..."

I don't fly where I have runways or smooth areas to land. So my landings are almost always intended to slow the plane and lift the nose so that it stalls and flops into deeper softer weeds and grass. So I use prop savers, stop the motor before landing, and don't have landing gear of any type.

Ihave put some tape on the bottom of planes with a fuselage to try to miminize damage from rough field landings. But that doesn't work well on a stick. On one of my sticks I pul a piece of plastic on as a tray and skid that protects the servos and electronics in landings.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=21

Landing gear will have leverage because of it's length and that can make it damage the points where it attaches.

Jack
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Aug 2012
292 Posts
thanks will need to do some thiking ...jack
Closed Thread