SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,112 Posts
The deal with launching high in TD is that a lot of it is the glider. I used to think I was a lousy launcher until I got a conformist glider. (Is it the Eastern Soaring League or the Eastern Supra League?) Much less of a problem with ALES, though before I got a better prop for my flying beer cooler, I wasn't so sure.
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:52 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Off we go...

...into the wild black yonder...

My wife found this pic on her phone. It's my AVA and two other ships launching into a rather threatening sky. They will be disappearing in about 5-10 seconds.

Randy
rcbrust is offline Find More Posts by rcbrust
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:13 AM
Tailspin
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
436 Posts
Last Sunday it was solid cloud cover here in Mich (our field Randy) no wind and about 50 degrees. No lift, right?

We had the best TD day I have seen in a long time, very light lift up to 1500 feet and you could stay up all day just crusing from thermal to thermal and I was flying a very overweight Paragon.

Lots of birds up there and I got attacked by a hawk who did not like me circling in his air, a friend powered up his Radian and came over to help out and the hawk did not like the spinning prop so left.

No photos, but it looked exactly the same except the clouds were high so no danger of loosing it.

Jack
jiafret is offline Find More Posts by jiafret