HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by franke, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:05 AM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
Build Log
I ripped her guts out

I ordered 4S batteries the other day to get more thrust out of this multirotor since the 3S just aren't cutting the mustard.

Yesterday I decided to go ahead with some weight loss surgery and pulled a few things off. Some go back in while others will not. I have enjoyed building this so building part of it twice is actually fun for me. I am eliminating a second battery plate, second lower main plate, the smaller of the two UBEC and miscellaneous hardwares.

I had to remove the two PDBs and the eight relays to be able to reconfigure the placement to be able to cram in more on the bottom of the lower main plate. I will also try to eliminate a little more of the LED wiring in two of the circuits.

Fun lessons learned... You just can't keep adding and adding and adding things on. Every gram counts and they add up quick. Weights are not always correct as advertised. Covering a battery in black heatshrink adds 10 grams.

Before I ripped her apart.
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
to remove ads between posts