Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 24, 2003, 07:15 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Oct 2003
476 Posts
Yak/Edge combo build, step-by-step

Hey guys, I am in the process of building a Yak/Edge 540 combo. (Yak fuse, Edge wing) If you are interested, you can follow my progress as I update my site. I think it'll be good for anyone that's new to foamies or someone that wants a walkthrough of how someone else builds their foamy. The site is new, so more content will be added when I can get it. If you like it, bookmark it because it changes often. Enjoy... Sandman's website
rpvpilot is offline Find More Posts by rpvpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2003, 03:14 AM
Mr. Electron
Chilliwack, Canada
Joined Jul 2003
291 Posts
In your 3dx flying cirkus vid what motor and battery are you using?
DeValk is offline Find More Posts by DeValk
Old Nov 25, 2003, 06:59 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Oct 2003
476 Posts
Ah yes, Old Faithful. She was running a Razor 350 and a Kokam 1500 3-cell. Good bird she was. (quiet sobbing in the background...) Luckily she registered as an organ donor. That motor and battery was also used in the Insane Dirtbike and next will be in the Yak/Edge combo.
Old Jan 06, 2004, 06:01 PM
Joined May 2003
9 Posts
IPS Foamy Ultimate

I'm building the Foamy Ultimate, teh scaled down version for the ips. It's almost ready to fly but it weighs 7.1 oz. That seems verry heavy to me, am I wasteing my time?
I was planing on building the regular 3dx after I finish, should I go ahead and work on it and drop the bipe?
LocoD is offline Find More Posts by LocoD
Old Jan 06, 2004, 09:56 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Oct 2003
476 Posts
Personally, the only experience I've had with the Ultimate is the regular sized foamy. For me, it wasn't that great. It couldn't touch the way my 3DX flew. A lot of other people have had great experiences with it though. But since you asked little ol me, I would say drop it quick and build a 3DX or a Yak. My 3DX was the funnest airplane I've flown to date. Period. Good luck.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 08:16 AM
3D Outlaw
Spring Valley Lake CA.
Joined Aug 2003
344 Posts
Sandman, it seems your link is not working.
david harris is offline Find More Posts by david harris