plumb is offline Find More Posts by plumb
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2004, 09:32 PM
Look what I did:D
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
BALSA SNOB thats great!!!
Im looking into makeing my own foam models. sofar ive got the heat /steam part worked out i just need a mold machined

Brad
plumb is offline Find More Posts by plumb
Old Jan 14, 2004, 10:09 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Gentlemen (I use this term very loosely)

Call me what you want but, I never said that I am a FOAMIE FREAK! I have had balsa models when I flew U-CONTROL "STUNT" .049 COX engines and special "STUNT" Gas Tanks!

Let me say that if a model be it an ARF or KIT and it's balsa you can have a very good model should it's final weight will alllow you to perform fun manuvers that you all can experience and "LEARN." Otherwise, if it's a model that turns out to be a flying brick when you throttle back just a tad from full throttle then, I can NOT see how you can enjoy it and be able to grow and sharpen your flying skills. The same goes with a FOAMIE model.

WING LOADING rules depending on the type of airframe.

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Jan 14, 2004, 10:30 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Montenegro
What exactly are you trying to say here?
Consdering your past post to me, I would answer...

WHAT EVER YOU WANT!

Carlos
Old Jan 14, 2004, 11:24 PM
Orlando, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2003
370 Posts
"I am gathering up all of my old Bluecore projects to put up for sale as I HAVE moved on from that particular medium."

Jim,

Sorry to see you're giving up on Bluecore projects. I've about decided that Bluecore is WHERE IT'S AT when it comes to fun for the buck. If I had to give up all but one of my current fleet of models, I'd keep the Bluecore Ultimate. (yes, even over the Formosa & Corona heli).

I've built lots of planes in the 35 years (yes, that's thirty five years) that I've played w/ R/C planes & I enjoy building and flying the Bluecore just as much (or more) as any of them.

Your CAP is going to be beautiful & fly awesome I'm sure, but you might consider just storing the Bluecore for now, because I have a feeling that YOU'LL BE BACK!

ED --- oh, my latest:
Ed eFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Ed eFlyer
Old Jan 14, 2004, 11:35 PM
Orlando
Joined Oct 2003
146 Posts
I have .40 size avistar i'm looking to sell. for an ARF it is very light. I'm someone could turn it into a nice electric!!

This yard sale sounds like a good idea.
RCOrlando is offline Find More Posts by RCOrlando
Old Jan 14, 2004, 11:54 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RCOrlando
I have .40 size avistar i'm looking to sell. for an ARF it is very light. I'm someone could turn it into a nice electric!!

This yard sale sounds like a good idea.
"VERY LIGHT"
Can you tell us what is the weight without the GAS Engine?
Is it 2 pounds empty weight?

Carlos
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:22 AM
Orlando
Joined Oct 2003
146 Posts
I will weigh it with the engine next chance i have. Then you can subtract for the weight of the engine, mount, battery, and fuel tank. That should get close enough. I'm going to guess that it's in range of 2.5 - 2.75 pounds.

It's bigger than the hobbico superstar EP
RCOrlando is offline Find More Posts by RCOrlando
Old Jan 15, 2004, 06:31 AM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
I will get the signs made up & we can display them this Sat & Sun, advertising for next Saturday.... Will this give everyone enough time to gather up all the stuff they want to sell, grab a folding table etc... ?

Can't wait to see what Rob cleans out of his closet / attic !

Let's hear from you all !

Jim
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Jan 15, 2004, 07:32 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
B2 Lost Control @ HOME DEPOT Field!

Ed,

Did you find out why your B2 lost control Wednesday night at the HOME DEPOT field? You mentioned that you started to bank and it flipped over and you could not recover?

Here's an interesting article from a NASA Web site taking about wings in general and being that all of you with these scale wings may learn about the aerodynamics of them...it seems that more speed is better!
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:30 PM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
orlando, FL
Joined Mar 2003
3,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by plumb
toby

dont you work in a machine shop?

Brad
Yes i do, i also have access to a great 3D CAD program (Solid Edge) and a CAM program, so i can make molds from scratch (after hours of course ).

I have been thinking of using the 2-part expanding foam for modeling planes(same as the can of "great stuff" you can get at HD)
dogon1013 is offline Find More Posts by dogon1013
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:34 PM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
orlando, FL
Joined Mar 2003
3,197 Posts
Ed,

What happened to the B-2? did it get into a flat-spin?

As for the garage sale... I won't be able to be there on the weekend of the 24th as that is the day i am getting married

and the next weekend i will still be in germany on my honeymoon

toby
dogon1013 is offline Find More Posts by dogon1013
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:38 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dogon1013
Ed,

What happened to the B-2? did it get into a flat-spin?

As for the garage sale... I won't be able to be there on the weekend of the 24th as that is the day i am getting married

and the next weekend i will still be in germany on my honeymoon

toby
Toby!!!!!

Congrats and Best of Luck in your marriage Life!!
May the Lord bless both of you and keep both of you happy and together! Should have married in October for the October Fest!! Oh...well...

Carlos
Old Jan 15, 2004, 01:45 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Anyone coming out to the HOME DEPOT field today at 4:30PM???

The winds seems to be dying off by then.....

Let me know!
Carlos
Old Jan 15, 2004, 01:46 PM
Orlando, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2003
370 Posts
Jim (FISHDETH),

Were you able to arrange getting your batteries charged up for the weekend? Let me know if you are still in need, I'd be happy to help you out.

Ed
Ed eFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Ed eFlyer
Closed Thread