HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 13, 2004, 03:10 PM
Jungmeister 55
Orlando Herndon, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2002
3,453 Posts
Will miss John..."Mr. 43"...may he rest in peace.
simano is offline Find More Posts by simano
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2004, 03:51 PM
Orlando Fl
Joined Jan 2002
1,900 Posts
Toby, I can't sell the one I have 'cause it fits my chopper. I am sure MEC sells just the tubes.
Chuck
Chuck McHugh is offline Find More Posts by Chuck McHugh
Old Jan 13, 2004, 06:17 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jpv11
.....and just at the moment when someone at my side says, "There! She's gone!" there are other voices ready to take up the glad shout. "There! She comes!"

Nice John V...... very nice !

Jim
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Jan 13, 2004, 07:56 PM
Joined Sep 2003
64 Posts
EZ-Ed

was at the feild tonight for a while
had batt problems with the B-2 Batt
but fixed now. try to be at feild on wed
night. dave

Happy Flights John, May all Your Flights and Landing are Smooth!

dave a frend in Fight
spider8591 is offline Find More Posts by spider8591
Old Jan 14, 2004, 04:15 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
It was just Mike (a.k.a., WindBreaker) and myself at MOON PORT Tuesday late afternoon, early evening. We both got there at 4:00PM sharp and Mike came with his models and wife.

I promptly took up my GWS FORMOSA with the RAZOR RZ-400, in the GWS EPS-300C "C" gearing and the THUNDER POWER 2100mAH Li-POLY (3S1P) using the APC "Slow Flyer" 9 X 7.5 Prop. and I measured so, Mike can see the Amp Draw....

It measured 10.3 AMPs steady at Wide Open Throttle.

I told him that using the smaller size diameter prop will give me the better of both worlds, sufficient thrust and prop speed with the 7.5 pitch, while keeping the AMP draw to a minimum. The model still took off from the ground and it zoomed upward with lots of thrust at 3/4 throttle almost at 90 degree incline and performing the usual torque roll manuver. Performed some super CUBAN-8's, sustained inverted flight, Hammer Heads and at the third try I was able to finally perform knife edge with my FORMOSA and I told him that it was my first time with successful knife edge.

Mike was pretty impressed and can't wait to finish his FORMOSA with a HIMAX brushless himself. I gave him some suggestive tips on things to make his FORMOSA better.

We continued to fly until darkness and until it got cold and misty

My FORMOSA flew four times, Super Star 6 times, and Stearman just twice.

Mike flew his ZERO and Islander plus a short flight with his Mustang as a result of a tired SPEED 400. Mike seem to enjoy and liked the field/property. Mike is a nice lad and he has only been in the hobby for four months which is pretty impressive since his flying skills are pretty good considering.

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; Jan 14, 2004 at 04:23 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 09:24 AM
NTSB most wanted
O-Town, FL
Joined Jun 2003
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by spider8591
EZ-Ed

was at the feild tonight for a while
had batt problems with the B-2 Batt
but fixed now. try to be at feild on wed
night. dave

Happy Flights John, May all Your Flights and Landing are Smooth!

dave a frend in Fight

Dave,

I'll be out at the HD field Weds evening.

Eddy
EzEd is offline Find More Posts by EzEd
Old Jan 14, 2004, 12:05 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Well, "ercoupe1" finally posted his honest flight characteristics of the PT-17 STEARMAN by Global Models and it seems like it's a Labor of Love from the moment you take off and land!

I am not going to condsider this model any longer for purchase since it seems that everyone who bought it had to apply 4 - 5 oz. in the front FUSE area to make the CG happy and therefore the total flight ready weight is more like 30 oz.!!!

ercoupe1 goes to say that this model just falls when you cut the throttle so, you need to fly her in for a landing and it doesn't seem to have any gentle ones either.

Chuck and Steve was correct about these models....they are a Labor of Love (Hate).

I am looking at the WATTAGE Super Decathalon instead since I have seen Gerry's model fly 10 times and Wow, very good performer and you are able to perform lots of manuvers and it does float down for an easy landing even Gerry's model with the heavier Speed 400!

Carlos
Old Jan 14, 2004, 12:37 PM
NTSB most wanted
O-Town, FL
Joined Jun 2003
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by guapoman2000

I am looking at the WATTAGE Super Decathalon instead since I have seen Gerry's model fly 10 times and Wow, very good performer and you are able to perform lots of manuvers and it does float down for an easy landing even Gerry's model with the heavier Speed 400!

Carlos
Carlos consider this one for your next bird.

Eddy
EzEd is offline Find More Posts by EzEd
Old Jan 14, 2004, 01:12 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by EzEd
Carlos consider this one for your next bird.

Eddy

Eddy,

Yes, I have seen it when I have visited the Hobby-Lobby WEB site. However, for $64.95, I can obtain a nicely Balsa built model (Super Decath) and not another foam model for $69.00 + Shipping.

The Super Decath has been proven to be a very good ACRO high wing and fast model to seriously fly with for those times of either lightly float with but, with more speed and also for those times when you really want to kick it in gear and still have a stable model to land with.

Sorry, I am not looking for more foam but, more fun

Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; Jan 14, 2004 at 01:18 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 03:59 PM
Joined Jan 2004
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by guapoman2000
The Super Decath has been proven to be a very good ACRO high wing and fast model to seriously fly with for those times of either lightly float with but, with more speed and also for those times when you really want to kick it in gear and still have a stable model to land with.

Carlos [/B]
What exactly are you trying to say here?
Montenegro is offline Find More Posts by Montenegro
Old Jan 14, 2004, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2004
8 Posts
Had a great time today flying my aerobird in a field by research park.
No wind!! It was awesome
Montenegro is offline Find More Posts by Montenegro
Old Jan 14, 2004, 04:41 PM
Orlando
Joined Oct 2003
146 Posts
Assuming you mean research park by UCF... Where is this field located? How big is it? I don't live far from there and it might be a nice alternative once Toy's R Us comes in by HD
RCOrlando is offline Find More Posts by RCOrlando
Old Jan 14, 2004, 05:42 PM
Orlando Fl
Joined Jan 2002
1,900 Posts

Carlos [/B][/QUOTE]
Hey Carlos, are you becoming a "balsa snob"?
Chuck
Old Jan 14, 2004, 05:56 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck McHugh

Carlos
Hey Carlos, are you becoming a "balsa snob"?
Chuck [/B][/QUOTE]

Jeez Chuck,
I might be one soon, this SA Cap 232 kit is SWEET !
The wing came out perfect, by the way... thanks bud !
I still love my "foam" Formosa & I might even get the 42" version when it comes out ! I am gathering up all of my old Bluecore projects to put up for sale as I HAVE moved on from that particular medium.

We should organize a "Yard Sale" at the HD field one weekend. I Have some 5mm Coroplast signboard that I could make up some signs saying "R/C Yard Sale - Here- next Saturday" then post them right where the cars make their turn to HD so HD customers that have been curious would see it as well as all of the "noobs" with Aerobirds.
What do you all think ???
Let's organize this !!!]

Jim
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Jan 14, 2004, 06:54 PM
Orlando Fl
Joined Jan 2002
1,900 Posts
Just had to tease Carlos a little, afterall have you seen my fleet lately? The yard sale sounds like a good idea.
Chuck
Closed Thread