Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 27, 2003, 10:31 PM
Orlando
Joined Jun 2003
336 Posts
Happy Thanks Giving guys

MAn, sounds like i am missing out on all the fun at the HD field. Ballons, Rc Trucks, lots of planes, sounds great!

Right now i am home in West Palm Beach visiting the family.

Carlos, you going to put some lipos into those Trucks, reduce the weight and really make those Trucks GO FAST! haha Just kiddin

Right now i am home in West Palm Beach visiting the family.

Oh well, Take lots of pics so that i don't miss out

Luis
GWSLAWNDART is offline Find More Posts by GWSLAWNDART
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2003, 05:03 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Winds are pretty Bad on Friday!

Gang,

Winds are going to be pretty bad on Friday & Saturday morning. Around 10:00AM they are going to be really icking

I'll be there early Friday morning and hope to do a Ballon Run before the ugly winds come!

Looks like Sunday is going to be the better of Turkey Weekend!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; Nov 28, 2003 at 05:06 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2003, 05:11 AM
Orlando
Joined Oct 2003
146 Posts
Previously known as Upperdeck

All i have now in electric is my corsair and cobra. the cobra is only 11oz with the battery so maybe i'll fly that puppy. Would hate to bust up my corsair attempting a strafing run
RCOrlando is offline Find More Posts by RCOrlando
Last edited by RCOrlando; Nov 28, 2003 at 05:13 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2003, 05:16 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Re: Previously known as Upperdeck

Quote:
Originally posted by RCOrlando
All i have now in electric is my corsair and cobra. the cobra is only 11oz with the battery so maybe i'll fly that puppy. Would hate to bust up my corsair attempting a strafing run
I'll place some static ballons with the longer teather for those of you with faster models so, you don't have to come down too close to mother Earth!
Old Nov 28, 2003, 05:21 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
R/C WORLD has their FALL FLYING FESTIVAL starting today!

For more info go to:
www.rcworld.org

It starts at 8:45AM with pilots meeting. I am don't think I am going this year since it is going to be REAL windy and lots of those guys have over $1,000 tied up in some of those models. Surely, they are not going to take any chances of cracking them up with the windy conditons of today but, you may never know, some of them may fly them anyway

Just a reminder, some guy came over to the HOME DEPOT field about 4 days ago and gave all of us a flyer.

Carlos
Old Nov 28, 2003, 01:19 PM
A Few Sandwiches Shy
Orlando, FL
Joined Jun 2001
1,961 Posts
WooHoo this makes 1500 posts.

I'm heading to South Carolina tomarrow, so I'll see everyone next weekend.

Rob
RMason is offline Find More Posts by RMason
Old Nov 28, 2003, 02:16 PM
Orlando Fl
Joined Jan 2002
1,900 Posts
Rob, S.C. will never be the same!
BTW I flew the Pitts this morning then wnet to RC World just to look,,,,,,, wel I just had to get it! A .40 size Extra 300 from Black Horse Models. It will be a while before I get to this one but, the kits are no longer available and at the asking price of $125 I wasn't going to pass it up.Looking at it up close the quality is as good if not better than the Kyosha kits I have seen
Chuck
Chuck McHugh is offline Find More Posts by Chuck McHugh
Old Nov 28, 2003, 05:12 PM
Orlando Fl
Joined Jan 2002
1,900 Posts
Ok, looks like Sunday will be a good flying day, it will also be a good day for a R/C yard sale. ( I have to make room for new models) So every one help find a new home for models I don't fly anymore
Chuck
Chuck McHugh is offline Find More Posts by Chuck McHugh
Old Nov 28, 2003, 05:50 PM
Cumbria
Joined Apr 2003
371 Posts
My thanks to Rob for answering a thread of mine in the scale section.
I will be in Florida from 9th January until 23rd, I've gotta take family to the keys for a few days and Daytona in addition to Orlando. If there are any flying meets on during this time I can fit family desires around it so that I can visit.

If not, Rob, can you let me know some flying site locations so I can go with your suggestion on my thread.

On which frequency do you guys fly?
sparkinwheels is offline Find More Posts by sparkinwheels
Old Nov 28, 2003, 07:03 PM
Orlando
Joined Oct 2003
146 Posts
Old Nov 28, 2003, 08:57 PM
Orlando
Joined Jan 2003
584 Posts
Most of our channels are posted here:
https://www.sdbmz.com/cgi-bin/news/news.cgi
RacerX is offline Find More Posts by RacerX
Old Nov 28, 2003, 11:23 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck McHugh
Ok, looks like Sunday will be a good flying day, it will also be a good day for a R/C yard sale. ( I have to make room for new models) So every one help find a new home for models I don't fly anymore
Chuck
EP SUPER STAR HAS FOUND A NEW HOME SO, BRING IT SUNDAY MORNING!
Old Nov 29, 2003, 02:52 AM
Cumbria
Joined Apr 2003
371 Posts
re frequency:
I was refering to Mhz, we fly 35 mhz in UK

Many thanks to responces so far given, I hope that I can visit at least one flying site once I've dumped the family somewhere. I just hope you guys can understand my sense of humor.

Oh, I should mention that site access ability is an issue for me as I am wheelchair confined, (RTA in 1997) my thanks in anticipation.

John
www.WestCumbriaRC.f9.co.uk
sparkinwheels is offline Find More Posts by sparkinwheels
Old Nov 29, 2003, 04:38 AM
Orlando
Joined Oct 2003
146 Posts
72mhz
Old Nov 29, 2003, 07:12 AM
Look what I did:D
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
sparkinwheels,

People fly at home depot at the corner of 408 and alafaya tr(434) there is also a local club haveing a flyinn this weekend not too far from there. all they require is that you be an ama member and follow there rules of coarse . I think rc world would be the better choice for any gas planes....Hd field is great for anything else and there are plenty of people there who would be friendly enough to assist in retreaving a downed aircraft if needed(verry large dirt,grass field). If you give us a starting point we can give you directions to both.

Brad

P.s Dont know if you will get any interfetrence on your channel or not
plumb is offline Find More Posts by plumb
Closed Thread