SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Dec 12, 2003, 09:08 PM
Joined Sep 2003
64 Posts
pitts

it's ready to fly now 2.17 to 1 with the rocket in it sat hope to take it up and see if she fly's
dave
spider8591 is offline Find More Posts by spider8591
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2003, 01:34 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RMason
Just noticed -

I'll be going over to Viera for the IRKS Electric fly. Lots more fun and we don't have to deal with gas. Just us electrons.

Rob
For those that have forgotten when and where......
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; Dec 13, 2003 at 01:38 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 05:50 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Paul, Your J3 Piper is READY!

Paul,

Your Great Planes J3 Piper Cub is ready!

Please come to HOME DEPOT field to pick it up!

Carlos
Old Dec 13, 2003, 04:56 PM
P47
War Birds Rule!!!
Orlando
Joined Apr 2003
304 Posts
The Smiles have it!

The Smiles have it! It was an awsome day for flying.
We started at 7:30AM and didn't stop (except to eat and visit graves) until 4:30 PM. There were smiles all over the sky.
P47 is offline Find More Posts by P47
Old Dec 13, 2003, 05:06 PM
P47
War Birds Rule!!!
Orlando
Joined Apr 2003
304 Posts
Electric Kadet Senior

The Kadet Senior flew beautifully, with plenty of power.
It jumped into the air after about a 30 foot run in real bumpy sand. Trim and balance were perfect and It flew straight and level hands off. I was able to maintain level flight at half throttle. This is going to be one fun plane. Field was a bit small for this plane. will like flying it at HD better. Speed control remained cool and Batteries barely got warm. Motor got warm.
I only flew for about 5 minutes as I was shaking like crazy. Landing was fast due to cramped conditions, but good.

I did a real dummy with the Pico Moth; had the elevator reversed. It hit real hard and the wings just ripped off. A new set of wings are being installed. No fuse damage.
Last edited by P47; Dec 13, 2003 at 05:29 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 05:21 PM
P47
War Birds Rule!!!
Orlando
Joined Apr 2003
304 Posts
Richard's Wing

Richard is getting good with the wing. Still learning how to launch it.
We also had another mid-air with the Pico Tiger Moths. Richard's Dogs took a bite out my elevator. It knocked me down, but no major damage and we kept on flying.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 07:23 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Well I went to the HD field today around 3:30 till dark. Had a couple great flights with the flaming banana... but on the third flight the prop suddenly stopped. I glided in for a nice landing & took the plane back to the tailgate & pulled the prop & cowl off, the motor was burning hot, so I blew on it for a while & cooled it down, removed it from the gearbox then plugged a battery in to bench test it... it seemed to run OK... then it happened... I let the smoke out of it !
Post Toastie !
So I guess it's back to the Czech Republic with the ole Mini AC 1215/16.
Steve, (RacerX) could you please PM me with the details & timeline for repair / replacement ? Earl said that you had to send in your 20 turn as well & that you would know all the parcticulars.
I would appreciate it !
So with my Razor 400 STILL in limbo since OCTOBER 14th... I am currently brushless-less.
Have to do some research on which one I want next !

Still had a good day.... could have been a tad better.....

Jim

PS anyone have a slightly used motor they want to part with ????
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Last edited by fishdeth; Dec 13, 2003 at 07:27 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 12:14 AM
Orlando, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2003
370 Posts
Jim,

Sorry to hear of your motor woes. I don't have any to offer, but I can recommend the Mega 16/15/x series of motors. I just put my Formosa back in service today w/ the 7 turn DD that you flew a few weeks back - awesome combo for the Formosa, as you know. It also powered my Wattage Cap for the last couple weeks, which is a few oz. heavier, w/ plenty of power.

I believe Earl has had good success w/ his 6 turn DD as well.

There are lots to choose from these days. Good luck w/ your research

Ed
Ed eFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Ed eFlyer
Old Dec 14, 2003, 12:20 AM
Orlando, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2003
370 Posts
The Mega on my Formosa (I know, epoxy = weight, but sure works well for a quick repair after tree trimming!) - Ed
Ed eFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Ed eFlyer
Old Dec 14, 2003, 06:28 AM
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Joined Feb 2003
1,327 Posts
Saddam Hussein Captured!

Saddam Hussein was captured in an underground cellar wearing a fake beard. Check in out!

Hussein Captured!
RealMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by RealMcCoy
Old Dec 14, 2003, 09:03 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Guys,

When ever setting up a new Motor/Gearbox/Prop combination always use a WATT METER or as a minimum a AMP Meter to check how many Amps (current draw) the system is demanding and especially at Wide Open Throttle (WOT).

Dave's PITTS flew great for a couple of minutes using the ROCKET SPEED 400 (a MFA / COMBO DRILLS motor) and after 5 minutes it melted. It had the HYPER 9 X 5 GWS prop and in the "A" gearing (2.14:1 ratio). We all forgot to measure the AMP draw for this setup.

These SPEED 400's and even some BRUSHLESS motors have a maximum current limit and it's very important to check the AMP draw before flight so, your investment can be protected, at least the battery pack.

Carlos
Old Dec 14, 2003, 09:31 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
DAVE N DAD ( DAVE & PAUL)

Sorry to learn of your under the weather sickness and thanks for not coming to the HOME DEPOT field to spare us the same!

I have sent you a PM so, you can call me to make arrangements of your return of your PIPER J3 Cub. Covering repairs has been completed, however, the model weighs 14 1/4 oz. without battery pack nor landing gear. Estimated fight ready weight of 18 oz. may result. The EPS-350C may lift it assuming the right Prop. selection.

Hope to hear from you two soon.

Carlos
Old Dec 14, 2003, 09:55 AM
Orlando
Joined Jan 2003
584 Posts
Jim. It took about 3 weeks for my 20 turn MiniAC to come back. What I did was send teh motor to them with a note. They shot it right back.
I tried several times to contact them to find out how to RMA these, but never got a response. Just sending it in seems to do the charm.

Their address is:
Model motors s.r.o.
Sladkovského 594
530 02 Pardubice

If you have some scuba gear, I can probably sell you a slightly used, mostly wet Typhoon motor. Great motor. Some kind of electrical fault made me lose power unfortunately close to a lake, and teh wind carried my mad dog into the lake. By the time I went to buy a machete to clear a path through the briar jungle, the plane was no where to be seen. I'm going to try to borrow a small boat this week sometime, and maybe hang my head over the side with my mask on. That is, I'll do that until the 12 foot gator I see from time to time comes close.

Steve
RacerX is offline Find More Posts by RacerX
Old Dec 14, 2003, 10:56 AM
Look what I did:D
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
what lake Steve? I have a small boat , maby I can help you out.

Brad
plumb is offline Find More Posts by plumb
Old Dec 14, 2003, 11:02 AM
Look what I did:D
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
My miniac is acting up again...third time. Same thing as last time its melting thesolder to the windings and causing a short . I think its time to go for a nippy brushless. It wont have super power but it will be a huge weight loss . Sofar Ive herd good things
plumb is offline Find More Posts by plumb
Closed Thread