Closed Thread
Old Dec 06, 2003, 09:39 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Re: 7 its is then

Quote:
Originally posted by spider8591
well i have the pits ready for its new flight had it off the ground today a hole total of 1 ft nice and even!
Was that using PHOTOSHOP

Okay, seriously! CONGRATS!

Can't wait to see her in action Sunday! I am charging batteries!

Later!
Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2003, 05:44 AM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Buuurrrr !

Maybe 8-ish.... it's 38 fricken degrees........

Jim
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Dec 07, 2003, 10:19 AM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
Quote:
... by guapoman2000
...The SUPER STAR took off from the ground everytime and just zoomed upwards with just tremendous climb characteristics! ...Carlos.
Hello Carlos,
I was impressed by the climb rate you had with the SuperStarEP at KARS on Thursday. It was up flying around and holding it's own with the gassers in now time flat.

I was wondering, would the SuperStar make a good aerial photo platform? I was thinking this because (1) electric power - turn motor off-take picture-turn motor on, (2) Seemed to have good glide characteristics, (3) short time to altitude (at least in your configuration), (4) stable flight, (5) slightly larger than the average park flyer - easier to see slightly farther away, (6) short take off (in your configuration) - don't need a great big RC field to take off/land, (7) On-line price for plane only is not all that bad (not as good as the deal you got though).

How does the original store bought performance compare to the Super Carlos configuration?
Would the wings handle the extra load of say the 1.3MP aiptek or something similar? Could I trade duration (battery weight) for payload weight somehow? And what about the poster who said he heard of mods for ailerons?
I would only want to go up (quickly), do a few circuits then land a see what I got. The SuperStar so far seems to fit this task.

I've had some cameras on my slimer. I don't mind wiping slime off the plane but it's hard to convince myself to put a camera worth more than $50 in all that goo. You end up having to build a box to keep the goo off but that's just extra weight that's not helping the flight.

Watching your flight on Thursday started me thinking ... what if?

Thanks,
Tippy
tippy is offline Find More Posts by tippy
Old Dec 07, 2003, 10:55 AM
Look what I did:D
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
tippy

talk to rob hes the digiphotomon.

Brad
plumb is offline Find More Posts by plumb
Old Dec 07, 2003, 12:24 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
tippy,

I finally weighed in the HABBICO Super Star EP and it tips the digital scale at 2lbs and 13 oz. fully flight ready so, just shy of 3 pounds!

The battery alone (7 cell, CP-2100mAH, Ni-Cds) tips the digital scale at 12 3/4 oz. ! Wow! There's someone with the same confiruation but, he went 2S4P THUNDER POWER Li-POLYs packs and gives him 7600mAH with lots of flight duration. Depending on what you are looking for the sky is the limit with the Li-POLYs!

Yes, I would think that this model can indeed take up a 4oz camera plus a 8/10 oz servo with linkage.

I flew her today about three flights and she was very stable in that windy conditions later in the morning!

The reason of the climb rate is that large APC "Thin Electric" 13 X 10 prop. she has on her. Chuck and Jim who were previous owners experimented with all kinds of props and this setup was the best.

I turn off the motor and she glides in very slowly and gentle like and the landings are almost always just perfect as long as no PINE TREE in the WAY

Hope you get one!
Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; Dec 07, 2003 at 12:29 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2003, 06:10 PM
Orlando
Joined Jan 2003
584 Posts
Eddie. I'll be out at the HD field Monday after work.

BTW- I now have some more unused motors if anyone needs one:
1- Super cobalt 400 with prop adapter and 7x4 APC
2- Speed 400's

Steve
RacerX is offline Find More Posts by RacerX
Old Dec 07, 2003, 10:54 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=176386

Take a look at this thread titled, "HEY DUDE WHERE's my PLANE? Carnage Report" It resulted from tracking the wrong model in the air! So, at least when I tracked the wrong E-STARTER mine came down without a scratch!

Carlos
Old Dec 08, 2003, 07:59 AM
A Few Sandwiches Shy
Orlando, FL
Joined Jun 2001
1,961 Posts
Hey Guys -

Here's an update on the Wright Flyer Replica they are going to fly at Kitty Hawk.

Talked to my dad last night (he lives about 2 miles behind the monument) He's been helping the Wright Experience guys for the past week and a half. Most of those guys work at the airshow I worked at for 10 years. They have had the Flyer off the ground 3 times already for short flights that generally end up in minor crashes. Dad has had to make a couple of parts for them in his shop. Yesterday they got it off the ground first scraping the right wingtip and then the left wingtip breaking both. After 15 seconds they got it down without further breakage. My dad now has both wingtips in his shop fixing them. I'm going to see if my dad can get ahold of a couple of the broken parts. It sure would be neat if I gan have a piece of the Wright Flyer.

On my little GP Flyer. Had a bunch of good flights with it yesterday. Looks good in the air. I even rolled it, and got it to stall turn. No loops though, just doesn't have enough oomph to get over the top.

Later guys,

Rob
RMason is offline Find More Posts by RMason
Old Dec 08, 2003, 07:32 PM
Orlando
Joined Jan 2003
584 Posts
Hey. Have yoyu guys taken a look at the radar picture on teh Launch Code page recently. It;'s showing strange formations that I KNOW aren't rain or clouds. They are wierd.

http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...t+Forecast.com

Steve
RacerX is offline Find More Posts by RacerX
Old Dec 08, 2003, 07:45 PM
Orlando Fl
Joined Jan 2002
1,900 Posts
Temperature inversions?
Chuck
Chuck McHugh is offline Find More Posts by Chuck McHugh
Old Dec 08, 2003, 07:50 PM
Orlando Fl
Joined Jan 2002
1,900 Posts
Hey, I just ordered the moror/belt drive for the Extra 300 from this site. http://www.modelairtech.com/index.html Tom is a great guy to talk to and realy knows e-conversions. I am stoked!
Chuck
Chuck McHugh is offline Find More Posts by Chuck McHugh
Old Dec 08, 2003, 10:02 PM
Look what I did:D
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
Quote:
[i]strange formations that I KNOW aren't rain or clouds. They are wierd

steve

That is background noise from normal magnetic fields. Solar flairs, the high psi of teh atmosphire and teh echo effect of the radar. Like the glitch spots in the hd field. If you watch all the time you will see "rain" at rush hour around teh state when you know there isnt any. aparently teh radar will reflect off the atmospire and also pick up fields from teh bustle of man.

Brad
plumb is offline Find More Posts by plumb
Old Dec 09, 2003, 03:20 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by plumb
steve

That is background noise from normal magnetic fields. Solar flairs, the high psi of teh atmosphire and teh echo effect of the radar. Like the glitch spots in the hd field. If you watch all the time you will see "rain" at rush hour around teh state when you know there isnt any. aparently teh radar will reflect off the atmospire and also pick up fields from teh bustle of man.

Brad
No, it's Carlos's Ballons and R/C truck!

I must have got carried away with filling too many ballons and the first run of the poor R/C truck it got airborne!

Last slighting was over the SLF (Shuttle Landing Facility)!

Oh, boy o boy, that Shuttle Landing facility having 5,000 feet of runway and perhaps 300 feet wide can really make a fun day for a FLY - IN! Can you imagine, we can have hundreds of park flers on either side separated by 80 feet of groups of 20 and have a blast, however, we would need a very large display screen showing which team can fly on which channel !

Don't forget the FLY-IN at MOON PORT MODELERS CLUB, SOUTH Field this comib SUNDAY! Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, drinks for the WHOLE Family on December 14th!

Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; Dec 09, 2003 at 03:26 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2003, 03:35 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Sunday and Monday was super flying the HOBBICO SUPER STAR EP!

Monday, December 8th, 2003 was dead calm, in the morning and late evening. Gerry and I went to MOON PORT MODELERS Club in Titusville (South Field) and had a BLAST! We flew in the morning and late evevning! In the evening no one was around!

I flew my GWS PT-17 STEARMAN and the HOBBICO SUPER STAR alternatively and finally the SUPER STAR consecutively, NON-STOP since the HOBBICO MARK-II charger allowed me to cgarge two of the large Sub-C packs simultaneously! My lucky pack is #3 and gave me 10 minutes flight!

Oh, yes, I measured the Amp draw on the SUPER STAR and read 33 Amps @ WOT! No wonder this model lifts off at a 45 dedree angle and maintains this take off pattern until I throttle back! It is an awsome model with the ENDOPLASMA 16T and the GREAT PLANES 3,8:1 gaerbox swinging that large APC "E" 13 X10 Prop.!

Gerry flew the SUPER STAR and said, I may get one myself!

Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; Dec 09, 2003 at 05:36 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2003, 05:10 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
UPDATE!

UPDATE!

Tahoecrest and his adventures with his GLOBAL ($140.00) PT-17 STEARMAN! He still has not flown it!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...66#post1575866
Closed Thread