HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:38 AM
Joined Nov 2004
964 Posts
Just put some general information about plane and equipment recommendations on my website:
http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/donatas-design-arrow-v6

Picture gallery show some detailed pictures of building, Enjoy.

First kits should reach us at the end of this week.
3Don is online now Find More Posts by 3Don
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Nov 2004
964 Posts
Finally Arrow V.6 available for sale! We receive second parcel. First kits are already available at autopartner.se and very soon it will be available at Aerobertic's!!! I spend couple days editing new video, it presents Arrow V.6 and also show my new Aeromusical. Enjoy guys:
Donatas Design Arrow V.6 presentation (6 min 11 sec)
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:36 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
Very cool Magic Don!!

I have one on the way and can't wait! The arrow v6 is taking it to a new level!

Donatas,
Would four HS35HD's be a good match? Ill be running a hacker A10, castle9, and 180mah 2s packs..fixed prop!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Jan 03, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:58 AM
Joined Nov 2004
964 Posts
Hello Tim.

Thank you for kind words and selecting Donatas Design kit! I am sure you will love your plane. Regarding setup, I see you going for lowest weight possible. Biggest problem in your setup is battery. I know it and it works ok for pattern but for big 3d plane, I think you will be unhappy, mainly because of flying time (I would guess ~1.30 min) and because of low power.

For servos I know some top pilots use digital Hitec 5035 on elevator anr rudder on AM planes. So this work. But for ailerons i would recommend single Hitec 65, not so fast but really strong and quite precise. If there is anyway I could help.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:23 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
Great! Thanks, My past planes were all 1500 KV(3min with 180mah), and not as aggressive! Great info..

I didn't realize how much you designed this to be a different type of plane..Ill go with your setup, and grab some new servos..I'm buying all new gear for this one, and will go with your recommendations. If a wanted to go with two aileron servos(like yours) would the JR188 be the way to go? or are there other alternatives here in the states?

I do have four new 460 2s 30c packs(33g). According to your specs online. it looks like those will work perfect..I had originally thought they would be a bit too heavy..

Congrats on the new V6..Very cool! Thanks again for the help.
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Jan 04, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:21 AM
Joined Nov 2004
964 Posts
Arrow V6 is quite big plane, and with big surfaces motor will require more power, so it is good idea to increase battery capacity. I use Desire Power 390mah with great result. Look for something similar. I know thunder Power 325mah 2s 65C are great choice to.

For servos. 2 JR290 for ailerons connected directly to 2S lypo is ultimate setup. Very fast. But these servos are quite heavy so some modification required to keep weight down. Naturally if you do this warranty will be gone for sure.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:32 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
Great! I just ordered some 370mah 2s(27g)30-40c nano-techs, and yes I believe that would void the warranty..

Ill take your advice and go with one HS65HB for the ailerons(this has worked great with my Crack yacks), and what do you think about two HS45hb's(8g), for the elevator and rudder? I dont mind buying gear, but I dont want to modify the servos(i like warranty's)

Im also going to order the AXI and a castle 10.. Thanks for all your help Don.. Very cool!
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Jan 04, 2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:45 PM
Joined Nov 2004
964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
Great! I just ordered some 370mah 2s(27g)30-40c nano-techs, and yes I believe that would void the warranty..

Ill take your advice and go with one HS65HB for the ailerons(this has worked great with my Crack yacks), and what do you think about two HS45hb's(8g), for the elevator and rudder? I dont mind buying gear, but I dont want to modify the servos(i like warranty's)

Im also going to order the AXI and a castle 10.. Thanks for all your help Don.. Very cool!
You are going right direction! 370 is good size. naturally with shorter wires and removal of heat shrink you should be able to get down to ~ 24g

French F3P and WAG F6B champion Fabien Turpaud posted on my FB page:
Just tested, i know i'am late...i have to say it flies fuc.... good!!!! Well done Monsieur Pauzuolis!!! I am really glad to hear this. Here is his Arrow V.6 :
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:19 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
Nice! cant wait!

Ok.. Just ordered Two 5035HD's,a HS65, and a AXI 2203/race..

I need to build a box for this one,I'll be bulls#%it if anything happens to it!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:22 AM
Joined Nov 2004
964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
Nice! cant wait!

Ok.. Just ordered Two 5035HD's,a HS65, and a AXI 2203/race..

I need to build a box for this one,I'll be bulls#%it if anything happens to it!
This will be great setup, keep us updated how your building goes on. So far take a look to some great building pictures by Dave Lockhart. Some really good ideas how to build very strong and straight.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:13 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
Excellent I'll be building This week, and it will be nice to have Dave's example to follow..

I just received it yesterday, and I'm blown away buy the extra details! The color package, looks airbrushed?! Amazing, and I love the fact that the underside of the wings are done. The LG wheels being assembled,and a extra set of wheel pants were a nice surprise also.. Very cool stuff Don! I have a feeling, that all of my indoor planes will be coming from DD designs for now on.
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Jan 11, 2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:33 PM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
320 Posts
Donatas was faster to post pics of my build than myself...

Kit built very easily with plenty of CF rod for all the bracing - 0.9mm fuselage bracing, 0.7mm for control surfaces, and 1.4mm for V-bracing spars on wings.

I added a little bit of extra fiberglass cloth and thin 0.13x3mm CF in a few places...not really needed, but I tend to keep my planes for a long time. Also not needed are the added pinned hinges and ball links, but they are the ultimate in precision and long life for a small amount of increased weight.

Equipment I am using -
Neutrino 1215/6Y
Phoenix 10
TP 2s325 65C
JR 290G x3
Spektrum 6115e

Flying weight is 5.75 oz (163 grams) with a little attention paid to lightening the servos, RX, and wiring. First flights were this past weekend, and it was kind of like dejavu...Donatas wasn't kidding when he told me the Arrow V6 was more agile than the V5 without sacrificing precision....which is exactly how he described the Arrow V5 compared to the SUltimate V2. Roll rate on the V6 is very impressive...not only for the rate, but how fast it starts and stops rolling.

For anyone in the US, Canada, or South America interested in a kit, send me a PM.

Couple more pics attached.

Regards,

Dave
DaveL322 is online now Find More Posts by DaveL322
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:16 PM
United States, CA, Placerville
Joined Feb 2006
658 Posts
Dave, in your picture showing the receiver and wiring, do you put thin heat shrink over the servo wires you removed from the connector shroud?

thanks
Don
DonA is offline Find More Posts by DonA
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:58 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
I use liquid electrical tape..
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:46 PM
Chris
Joined Apr 2012
165 Posts
Great plane. I am doing some indoor now so I may jump into something like this.
chrisorbics is offline Find More Posts by chrisorbics