HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Wave Glider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:13 PM
Kyle Clayton
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,245 Posts
Trader Rating: 61
Sold
4M Ava-E Pro

For sale here is my lovely 4M Ava-E Pro, also known as the Hyper Ava or the Ava Longhorn here stateside. This really is a majestic plane that I purchased last July, and the size is something that never gets old. It will come RTF, minus a little TLC work that is needed. For power it has a HiMaxx HB3630-1500 geared inrunner swinging an 18x9 Aeronaut prop, a BB turbo spinner, and a Castle Ice-Lite 75A ESC. I'm also including the 2 batteries for it, Rhino Lipo 4S 40C 2250 packs that are less than a year old and low usage. With those packs and the powertrain, the climb rate is 2400 fpm, getting to ALES altitude takes about 12 seconds Also included in there is a CAM unit. It has a Futaba R617FS rx that can be included if needed. All servos are Hyperion DS09 AMD metal geared. And to top it off I'll also include the 70" plane quiver bag that I kept it in. Now for the bad news, I had a mid-air with it at an ALES contest back in March, and have since not flown it. The damage is minimal and easily fixable, I've just not taken the time to do the repairs. A section of the Dbox on the center panel about 2" wide was where the wing took the hit, the Dbox absorbed it all and didnt transfer any more damage onto the center panel, there is some very slight wrinkling in the covering behind it. On the right outer wing panel, there is some damage to the covering and along the TE for 3 ribs that is very minor, the camera almost couldnt even see it. The hatch was lost in the mid air and never recovered. There is also a small cosmetic repair on the Dbox under the Prism tape that occured in a hangar rash incident back during the winter. This entire set up new would cost you $1850, not including shipping. I would like to get $1300 for this, $1350 if you want the rx included. Of course, due to the large size, I would prefer to not ship this, and am willing to drive a good distance to hand her off to someone. I will ship it though if need be, and I will get you a quote via FedEx. If you have any questions or offers, please PM me. Thanks!
Wave Glider is online now Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Wave Glider; Aug 30, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:38 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2005
195 Posts
Trader Rating: 73
I have been looking for one of these and found one close. To bad for the damage. Is the center section avalible for spare parts?
electricboy is offline Find More Posts by electricboy
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:03 PM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,245 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question, do you mean can you get a replacement center section or would I be willing to sell just the center section?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wrong Skywalker
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Nov 2005
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Glider View Post
I'm not sure I understand your question, do you mean can you get a replacement center section or would I be willing to sell just the center section?
Yes, Is there replacement wing center sections avalible
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,245 Posts
Yes, I contacted Barry at Kennedy Composites back in May and he told me he had replacement center sections and hatches.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:48 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,275 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Glider View Post
Yes, I contacted Barry at Kennedy Composites back in May and he told me he had replacement center sections and hatches.
Did he quote you a price?
Piper J3 is offline Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:46 AM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,245 Posts
No, I didn't ask. I only asked him about their availability.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:11 PM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jul 2007
2,434 Posts
Trader Rating: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
Kennedy has an extensive listing of replacement parts for all his offerings on the KC website. It took me about 15 seconds to find the Super AVA center panel replacement price. You should do likewise if you really need to know; it would be worth your time, answer the question, and help you find any other replacement part questions on this plane.

JT
jtlsf5 is online now Find More Posts by jtlsf5
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:08 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,430 Posts
Trader Rating: 379
Nice ship.
Why would a new center panel be required?
Looks minor and repairable.

JC
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Nov 2005
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstalls View Post
Nice ship.
Why would a new center panel be required?
Looks minor and repairable.

JC
Cause I am nit Picky. lol.

I would be willing to make an offer after I seen how much parts are, But Im not sure if you will agree. What I see is a used and damaged R/C plane.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:26 PM
Gasbags & Gussets
Riverside, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
1,157 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
fyi....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
http://kennedycomposites.com/avapro-repl.htm