HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:16 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold wombat View Post
nature of the net. Takes all sorts. Silently weed out any 'attitude' you don't like, but hoard the knowledge gems. You can't change others; only your response to them. Personally i'd rather suffer an abrasive expert than no expert.
+1.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:34 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Well, kind of funny I guess, but after seeing a video that Daedalus66 posted, I have ordered a Hobbyzone Champ. I'm not even sure if it is a 3 or 4 channel plane, it does come with a 4 channel radio. In fact it comes with absolutely everything. Should be a new class, CAF. Charge and Fly, lol. After reading this thread it doesnt much matter about the 3 or 4 channels, as it is my first "real" plane. So I will learn it and progress from there.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:54 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
Well, kind of funny I guess, but after seeing a video that Daedalus66 posted, I have ordered a Hobbyzone Champ. I'm not even sure if it is a 3 or 4 channel plane, it does come with a 4 channel radio. In fact it comes with absolutely everything. Should be a new class, CAF. Charge and Fly, lol. After reading this thread it doesnt much matter about the 3 or 4 channels, as it is my first "real" plane. So I will learn it and progress from there.
The champ is a three channel. It's loads of fun. You'll like it.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:12 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Understood, but why dont the "experts" stay off our "stupid" "newbie" threads then? If they dont like the question, or dont like the way it was asked. Why not just leave it alone? Why post just to deride? Personaly, after many, many years in this hobby, cars/trucks untill a year ago, I pretty much steer clear of ANYone else in the hobby. Tried my hand at racing off road, hated it, hated the "high and mighty" oldtimers. I'm 50+ myself, so I'm not talking about age. But attitude. This hobby has turned me into a loner, LOL To many Knowitalls.
Why do people assume that my question was some kind of insult? Why do you assume I'm anything less than totally honest about what I asked? Why not simply answer my question and be done with it? We give a lot here. We give all day long. Why not give back by providing some insight into the phenomenon of frequently asked questions? Instead of choosing to insult people for being genuinely curious about other people, why not help that situation and give your insight instead of your insults?
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:14 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,037 Posts
You will love the Champ. It doesn't like the wind. But you can step out your back door and chuck it into air. By the time you would have had the car loaded to go to a flying site you can fly for ten to twenty minutes and pack it in. You'll get gobs of stick time in no time!
Rockin Robbins is online now Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:53 AM
So broke I can't pay attention
Naples FL USA
Joined Mar 2009
489 Posts
Well, another soon to be Champ owner. I now have three champs. After flying my champ for a month or so, I gave my 11 year old son a chance to fly it for his very first time, he was doing figure eights and loops within a few minutes, he told me it was like playing one of his video games. We love our little champs.
Hobbyzone Champ crazy flying (5 min 6 sec)
caymin last is offline Find More Posts by caymin last
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:01 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Why do people assume that my question was some kind of insult? Why do you assume I'm anything less than totally honest about what I asked? Why not simply answer my question and be done with it? We give a lot here. We give all day long. Why not give back by providing some insight into the phenomenon of frequently asked questions? Instead of choosing to insult people for being genuinely curious about other people, why not help that situation and give your insight instead of your insults?
Why did you insinuate that I was simply an "attention seeker", and not seriously looking for NEW insight? Your post was unnecessary and provocative, as well as insulting. You obviously have friends in high places, as my innocuous post was flagged for moderation. Have a great day.
Last edited by stuball56; Sep 07, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:58 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,776 Posts
Hmm...............I assume from your sarcasm that you haven't been around this forum long or you would know that jasmine2501 is among the most helpful of people that hang around these forums. jasmine has dispensed a lot of useful information to loads of people on here, including me. My question would be, if you don't like it here, why bother haning around? The last thing we need is someone stirring up garbage with sarcastic, insulting comments. Especially a member that has contributed so much to this and other forums.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:00 PM
buyer of the farm
Joined Mar 2009
4,037 Posts
I can't believe people are intimidated by Jasmine, ex super-friendly aviator. You're reading stuff in his posts that really isn't there. That's really easy to do in the Internet.

I built a Slow Stick because of all the great stuff I read in Jasmine's posts about his and the bantering (kind of battling but with usually good humor on both sides) between Jasmine and Boomerace on the Ultimate Slow Stick Help thread. I figured that if they were so far apart on how to build one and both had great flying planes, what could I do to mess it up?

At any rate, I learned a lot from Jasmine's posts in the past and take what he says at face value. What you see is what you get--I haven't found a load of hidden motives or bad attitude there. I have found a lot of good information.

He asked his question simply because trolling for controversy is something that happens on the Internet.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:07 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Yes, Sensei, lowly grasshopper will learn from your greatness.
Isn't that what you're here for?

Rockin Robbins and a couple others have been dropping education like hot potatoes here, and it's all been covered before, where do you think they learned it? I'm interested in a side issue, because the main issue is pretty well covered. I'm simply fascinated by human behavior. I'm beginning to be fascinated by the hostile response I get from seemingly innocent questions. It is really interesting.

When you post on the internet, you have a choice about whether you will be positive about it or not. That is your choice. Yours alone. My question was honest and direct - it is really interesting how people react to something like that. Maybe Americans just aren't used to honesty and directness?
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:10 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
I can't believe people are intimidated by Jasmine, ex super-friendly aviator. You're reading stuff in his posts that really isn't there. That's really easy to do in the Internet.

I built a Slow Stick because of all the great stuff I read in Jasmine's posts about his and the bantering (kind of battling but with usually good humor on both sides) between Jasmine and Boomerace on the Ultimate Slow Stick Help thread. I figured that if they were so far apart on how to build one and both had great flying planes, what could I do to mess it up?

At any rate, I learned a lot from Jasmine's posts in the past and take what he says at face value. What you see is what you get--I haven't found a load of hidden motives or bad attitude there. I have found a lot of good information.

He asked his question simply because trolling for controversy is something that happens on the Internet.
Boomer and I had an epic battle over about a quarter inch... we both had experimental data to back up what we were saying, so neither of us was right. I sure do miss the old guy though. We argued, but we were friends. That's the way friends act - because if you don't care enough to argue with somebody, you're not friends.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:11 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
deleted.
Last edited by stuball56; Sep 07, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,022 Posts
OK I'll jump in. I built my trainer. A 35 "Herr Piper Cub. 3 ch. I don'y understand why people would put the rudder control on the right for 3 ch. When I did move to a 4 ch plane. I would use a little of all 3 to do flatter turns. as opposed to just " Bank and Yank". Aren't you supposed to use rudder for more scale turns? Don't get me wrong. I "Bank and Yank" all the time, but rudder is a huge factor when slipping in with a crosswind. I think putting the rudder control on the right (Mode 2) with a 3 ch model is just hampering your learning curve.
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:22 PM
buyer of the farm
Joined Mar 2009
4,037 Posts
Quote:
Jasmine, you have your fanboys, and your detractors. I'm not going to comment in this thread anymore. I know, Boo Hoo right? lol. For me, no harm, no foul. No grudge, no ill will.
Now that's a low blow. Fanboy of anything or anybody I'm not. But I've agreed and disagreed with Jasmine and been treated fairly.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:25 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,776 Posts
We really don't need to get back into this do we? We just had a "war" on another thread in which someone got banned. Let's just ask: "Does it really matter what you use to turn with?" The right stick is the "direction" stick...........pure and simple. Quit thinking rudder or aileron on the right stick already; the plane doesn't care what it uses to turn. Check out this thread for enlightening.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1717372
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69