HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:19 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsipprell View Post
Isn't that really what all fixed-wing flight is? Just guiding the plane around the sky while it flies itself?
Ummmmmmmm.......no.
Rockin Robbins is online now Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:40 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,057 Posts
I think helis are the same. The pilot can only alter speed and direction.
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:21 PM
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Oct 2012
83 Posts
Wow ! I just read all these pages and thanks there was some great info .
I have a HZ Super Cub that I have been learning to fly by myself since the spring and I have been having a really fun time with it .
I decided last week I wanted to try 4 CH so I purchased the parts and added ailerons. I switched the rudder to the left stick and put the ailerons on the right stick just as everyone says it should be.
As most people have said here it is no big deal and the plane flys the same as it did before . The only difference I find is it seems to bank in the turns more than it did with the rudder but that could be my set up ?
For all the noobies like me that have concerns about trying 4CH and are flying 3CH just do it .
Kevin
AMX North is offline Find More Posts by AMX North
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,995 Posts
Yeah, many have gone that way. I prefer to keep my SC stock. She just flies fine that way. There are many other 4 channel planes out there that would be a nice step up from the HZ Super Cub. The Parkzone T-28 Trojan comes to mind.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:41 PM
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Oct 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Yeah, many have gone that way. I prefer to keep my SC stock. She just flies fine that way. There are many other 4 channel planes out there that would be a nice step up from the HZ Super Cub. The Parkzone T-28 Trojan comes to mind.
I had thought about going to another plane and the T-28 Trojan was one that I looked at. My thought was I know how the Cub handles now and if I want it back to stock just change the wing. I figured it would be less of a learning curve just adding the ailerons to a plane I know .
AMX North is offline Find More Posts by AMX North
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:33 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,995 Posts
Yes, I see your point. Thing is, the Super Cub with ailerons doesn't fly like a low wing plane with ailerons. Never will.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:31 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Yes, I see your point. Thing is, the Super Cub with ailerons doesn't fly like a low wing plane with ailerons. Never will.
True, and that makes it a better aileron trainer. Particularly for some familiar with it.
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:07 PM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,222 Posts
Rudder & elevator are good on cross wind days.
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2