HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by voxel, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:37 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,572 Posts
Discussion
RIP planes

A few foamies in the went up to RC graveyard in the sky over the past few weeks. Loved the Mig.

Sky Angel Mig15 (50mm EDF)
Sky Angel F16 (50mm EDF)
Parkzone Stryker 180
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:23 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,481 Posts
Why RIP?

Arent they made of foam? you might be surprised by how much CA an aircraft can lift!
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:37 AM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,572 Posts
Parkzone Stryker 180 - Flew into strong tailwind and since it had suffered numerous crashes before it never could fly straight... It drifted over a forest into a canal.

F16 - I snap rolled and slammed the jet into the ground, breaking the duct tube + undercarriage and eating dirt/gravel - the fan blades were destroyed. Sweet plane when it was in the air. Parts used in a few SkyAngel F18.

Mig-15. A couple of tail heavy first launches (CG very wrong) smashed the nose... but it flew a half dozen times afterwards. However, over time you could tell it was sucking air due to the deformed front end and eventually I could barely keep the plane in the air with the excessive duct leakage. Jet had as much gorilla glue and tape as foam.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:10 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Parkzone Stryker 180 - Flew into strong tailwind and since it had suffered numerous crashes before it never could fly straight... It drifted over a forest into a canal.

F16 - I snap rolled and slammed the jet into the ground, breaking the duct tube + undercarriage and eating dirt/gravel - the fan blades were destroyed. Sweet plane when it was in the air. Parts used in a few SkyAngel F18.

Mig-15. A couple of tail heavy first launches (CG very wrong) smashed the nose... but it flew a half dozen times afterwards. However, over time you could tell it was sucking air due to the deformed front end and eventually I could barely keep the plane in the air with the excessive duct leakage. Jet had as much gorilla glue and tape as foam.
Doh! That stinks, sorry to read of the gruesome details It happens to all of us... on the bright side, it sounds like you just opened up some hangar space for some new models!
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks