SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:21 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,962 Posts
I apply a large sticky tape (scotchtape) over the door, I never had problem.
I prefer the diple for my way of flying, very low around obstacle. V antenna is good for long range flight.

I buy it directly at Icare.com near Montreal
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:53 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,962 Posts
After severals flights, here my impressions. The Easystar II is much better than the previous version. It fly very well . It stay in the air 25min on 2200mAh lipo. The prop is quiet even at full speed making a good plane to fly in park etc.

At the first flights, the video antenna appear not tune perfectly, so I decide to cut the antenna cable shorter and install the antenna on the tail, now the video reception is good. I also replace the plastic cover over the video tx because it had melt... I install a aluminium fool on it
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:30 AM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,218 Posts
....thanks for the report VRflyer.....

..now we need a "moving joystick" with actual cockpit view on your EZ* v2?

I'm looking fwd to it when you do bud:-)
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:25 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,962 Posts
euh not sure to understand...

do you want a video inflight ?

I did not make video because I don`t like the quality of the Archos recorder anymore. But if you want to get an idea of the reception of the signal or what it look when I use my headtracker, I will record one
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:42 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
^ He was basically saying, It would be cool to have a setup like in your F-16 or Cap232, with the toy figure inside moving controls.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:42 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,548 Posts
i love ezstar and ordered the aileron version

thanks for the flight report

interested in seeing folding prop. set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer View Post
After severals flights, here my impressions. The Easystar II is much better than the previous version. It fly very well . It stay in the air 25min on 2200mAh lipo. The prop is quiet even at full speed making a good plane to fly in park etc.

At the first flights, the video antenna appear not tune perfectly, so I decide to cut the antenna cable shorter and install the antenna on the tail, now the video reception is good. I also replace the plastic cover over the video tx because it had melt... I install a aluminium fool on it
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:25 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
^ He was basically saying, It would be cool to have a setup like in your F-16 or Cap232, with the toy figure inside moving controls.
Thank you, that's clear for a French guy

Easystar with a cockpit and moving arm, lol
It never came to my mind

I prefer do scale cockpit in a plane that exist for real. I try to fpv a 70gr aerobatic Sbach, not sure what I will be able to do exactly
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:35 AM
Kingdom of The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
154 Posts
I recently finished my EZ*II and really like the easy flying very much. So much different as my little Super Alulah.

Multiplex EasyStar II FPV build (1 min 37 sec)
HBFP NL is offline Find More Posts by HBFP NL
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:36 PM
United States, WI, Poynette
Joined Mar 2011
157 Posts
I am also in the process of building an es* 2 and using this motor mount to use a larger prop, http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...unt/Categories I want to keep all of the electronics in the fuse so I can detach the wings and tail for transport. I have the vee antenna in the vertical stabilizer for the Dragonlink long range antenna. and I want to mount the video antenna behind the camera on my homemade pod. I've got the rc receiver mounted in the tail under the prop with the gps behind that. The Dragon OSD is mounted as far forward as the wires going to the gps will allow. I am hoping that will provide enough weight that I won't have to add any in the tail. I plan on doing a range test with the video and rc before gluing the fuse halves together. I have also cut a hatch in the bottom to replace/repair components as needed. I did this in my old es* and have had no problems with it. I used this website, http://www.readymaderc.com/store/man...ld%20Guide.pdf . I look forward to seeing how your es* 2 turns out.
Kent
KCStar is offline Find More Posts by KCStar
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Nov 2009
154 Posts
I just applied fiber glass clothing to the bottom and nose. So much better, nicer and stronger then tape

I made a video but have to see if the footage can be used. Filmed inside in the evening so not the best conditions and I hope it still can be a nice vid after editting. If so I will post it!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined May 2010
95 Posts
Hi all!

I used an Easystar II to learn the basics of FPV. The best thing about this plane is how tough it is, I had a lot of crashes in the beginning and I never had to do more than minor repairs.

One really important thing though - the wings kept falling off in mid-air! I guess that almost 80% of my crashes was caused by this. When I started taping the wings to the fuselage, the problem went away. I guess my kind of flying was to much for the standard way to attach the wings.

My Easystar was caught by a large thermal about three months ago, and I lost it. I still had video reception at the beginning, but I didn't know which way "home" was and flew in the wrong direction, and the video was gone.

However, the plane was found by a one-eyed farmer this last weekend. I have yet to collect it, so I don't know the condition. I guess this summer, with a record amount of rain has not been to kind on the electronics.
XDreamer is offline Find More Posts by XDreamer
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:19 AM
Joined Nov 2009
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBFP NL View Post
I just applied fiber glass clothing to the bottom and nose. So much better, nicer and stronger then tape

I made a video but have to see if the footage can be used. Filmed inside in the evening so not the best conditions and I hope it still can be a nice vid after editting. If so I will post it!

How to glass your Foamy Video tutorial | MPX Easy Star II (7 min 14 sec)