HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:12 AM
Arkansas
Joined Jul 2008
165 Posts
Discussion
Dji f550

Currently I fly the DJI F550 naza with DX7 and AR7010 rx. On 9-8-2012 I will order the gps upgade. I have not installed the AR7010 as of yet I"m waiting on my gps right now. Soooo the question is how to go about setting up the failsafe on the AR7010 and setting my DX7 up with the gps. I have a video on how to attach the gps to the hexa but nothing more. I think I will need my flight mode switch for the Att/Failsafe/man mode and my gear switch for gps correct.?
WyDiablo is offline Find More Posts by WyDiablo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:22 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,053 Posts
You need your flight mode switch for Man/ATTI/GPS or you cannot calibrate the compass. You can use Aux 2 for IOC and set a mix on the Gear channel for RTH/Failsafe.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:31 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
You need your flight mode switch for Man/ATTI/GPS or you cannot calibrate the compass. You can use Aux 2 for IOC and set a mix on the Gear channel for RTH/Failsafe.
Does a DX7 not have two 3-position switches?
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:54 AM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
What I did was setting up a 3 position channel and make sure with End-Points that the 3 positions matched the areas for Manual-Atti-GPS. That's pretty easy to do with the Naza Assistance software.
Then I made a mix on another 2 posi switch so it added a percentage to the Mode switch, so it made it shift to a Fail Safe area. Again easy with the naza sw.
With this you can already invoke the manual naza-built-in failsafe mode. Also you will want to setup the automatic Fail Safe in case you lose range in the TX or it gets an interference. For that you will have to set the switches in the way they tripped the Fail Safe mode, and do whatever functions your receiver needs to be set to FS.
Then check at home with the Naza Assistant sw, go to the TX calibration page, turn your TX off and check that the slider for the Mode gets into the FailSafe area.
edugimeno is offline Find More Posts by edugimeno