HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:21 AM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Discussion
Help. Cannot get started with Flamewheel and DJI

Help!

Have installed DJI Naza into Flamewheel 450 (in fact bought them as a package). Cannot get the RX and TX to bind or proceed with the Assistant Software. For example, don't know the serial number although the instructions say 'already entered' it does not appear on the software screen.

VU shows steady green but no apparent communication from theTurnigy 9X to its companion receiver (I suspect it's something I am doing wrong with the Turnigy...)
alan2 is offline Find More Posts by alan2
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:48 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
You don't need to know the serial number to use the assistant software. My serial number doesn't appear either.

If your RX is not bound to the TX that has nothing to do with the NAZA. Just read the instructions in the manual on how to bind the RX. Also the NAZA has to be powered up from the lipo in order to communicate with the assistant software

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:59 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,455 Posts
RC HobbyKing Bind Addtional Turnigy 9X 2.4 GHz 8Ch Receiver (V2) (4 min 46 sec)
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:54 AM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Well, I've now got the RX bound (steady red led inside plus sticks cause display changes in assistant software) but I cannot get any motor spinning. I have flashing orange led when the USB is disconnected. I very much appreciate the various helpful remarks but I'd like especially to hear from anyone who has actually got the combination of the Turnigy RX and the DJI Naza working?
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:58 AM
What's a servo?
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2008
441 Posts
Alan, you really need to get onto the Naza thread and start reading.

The reason no motor is spinning is because the quad needs to be "armed" before it will respond to inputs.
Before you can do this, you need to ensure it wont fall into failsafe by trimming your endpoints in your TX for your flight mode switch.

If none of this sounds familiar, than the best advice for you is to get onto the thread for a few hours and read the setup guides.
Make sure you know you can disarm the quad before you take it for its maiden.
Sad Sack is offline Find More Posts by Sad Sack
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Thanks for reply. *None* of this is familiar. I don't even know where the thread is that you mention!
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Further to that Mike, I did trim my end points for the flight mode switch so that the blue showed up, but still failsafe showed up on the bottom bar. I also applied CSC. No luck still
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:06 PM
What's a servo?
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2008
441 Posts
This one.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1536553

Spend a lot of time reading and learning, also read the Naza manual.
Sad Sack is offline Find More Posts by Sad Sack
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
I have. What I really want is to hear from someone who has actually successfully used a Turnigy RX with a Naza-M. The blinking yellow light I am getting is shown in the Naza manual as a TX problem, and under those circumstances of course I have a failsafe condition. Yet the RX appears to be successfully bound to the TX moving the allocated switch moves the Assistant pips from one end of the scale to another. All the advice I'm getting seems good and I thank you for it. But no-one has confirmed yet that they have successfully put this particular combination into action. I will try the thread you mention.... Just tried it. Have already consulted that thread, complete with 'I want' and talk about discounts. Nothing that bears on my problem. However, I have posted a question.