HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by garyzda1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:11 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined May 2012
72 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Anyone into model rocketry?

If someone can direct me to any posts on this site in which they show their intrest in model rockets.............

I'll give them a very cool Estes model rocket kit for the cost of shipping!

I donated my collection of around 250 model rocket kits and building supplies to schools, clubs and neighbourhood kids over the last year or so and kept a few, but will never get back into it.

The original out of production ESTES SATURN V APOLLO II special 1969-1999 30th anniversary limited edition. This kit has just been re-released by ESTES and is now mostly complete when you buy it. I have 1 of the limited edition kits from the late 90's new in the box. This rocket is around 4 feet tall when complete and has a 3 parachute recovery system. New in the original box with the cellophane still on it. This rocket is meant to be as much a very detailed static display model as much as a great flier. The skill level is Masters, so It's not a beginers choice.
This kit is sought after by some collectors, but would be ever better flying at a park.

This give away was inspired by another Albertan on this site.

No pm's please, just post in this thread.

Thanks.
garyzda1 is offline Find More Posts by garyzda1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:16 AM
Australia, VIC, Craigieburn
Joined Jul 2012
222 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
sounds interesting but, I am more into the slow hang glider side of RC, mind you you did spark my curiosity and I am sure that someone will grab this as there are many into this kind of thing.
ritchie_laird is offline Find More Posts by ritchie_laird
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:24 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Jun 2012
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
How far does it travel? Is it small enough engine I could launch at the park with my son?
NoTimeForSlow is offline Find More Posts by NoTimeForSlow
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:27 AM
Joined Jun 2012
8 Posts
I couldn't launch anything larger than a (c) engine I imagine.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:32 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined May 2012
72 Posts
This is a "D" engine model.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:44 AM
Joined Jun 2012
8 Posts
Forgot that it's a 4 footer, so it shouldn't be too bad given the size and weight. Put me on the list if you don't find a more suitable candidate. He loves his rc car and boat, never thought to introduce him to rockets.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:30 AM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
230 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Me, my 4 year daughter and 5 year old son have started building rockets. We fly every Saturday if it's not to windy. We. Have a Alpha On a C6-5 and a moscito on a A engine. My son and me can build it if you can give us the chance. Will send you pics of the build and launch. Thanks. Jack.
lovetoflyjets is offline Find More Posts by lovetoflyjets
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:33 AM
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined Apr 2008
1,009 Posts
Trader Rating: 117
I'd love this one. I have several plastic models of the CM and LM and this one would complement them perfectly. My grandson is just becoming interested in space and the planets and his younger brother will hopefully follow along. Would be great to see their eyes light up when it launches

My son and I were into rockets when he was younger and it would be nice to pass that down.
Cougar429 is offline Find More Posts by Cougar429
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:03 AM
United States, NC, Durham
Joined Jun 2010
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
I'd love to have one of those rockets. I've been building rockets (or loosing them haha) for 5 years or so. Every year, I take my rockets to a Boy Scout camp and let the boys shoot them off. Although the rockets are not in the schedule, they quickly become the highlight of the day as everybody (100-200) people show up.
mamba max1 is offline Find More Posts by mamba max1
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:16 AM
United States, MN, Duluth
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
rockets for aeronautics class.....

I am involved in the Young Eagles program in my area and would use any rockets you have left to teach young students. I have a few r/c s and some small kits i will be using using but no rockets yet. I do have 2 launchers in my inventory. Kids need to learn about this aspect of aeronautics. anything to get them into application and away from handheld and video games. Thanks for your consideration. Dave in Duluth
JuzPlaneNutz is offline Find More Posts by JuzPlaneNutz
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:38 AM
Three cards shy of a full deck
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2012
112 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Rockets

In my initial introduction I told about my experiences in.
Hello fellow flyboys.....
Discussion / Posted by TJWright / Aug 18, 2012

However I don't need this ..give it to some one who will use it I still have couple dozen rockets and can full of motors NIP..... Don't know of ANY rocketry clubs anymore seems like not much interest anymore...
TJWright is offline Find More Posts by TJWright
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:55 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined May 2012
72 Posts
Cougar429
Please pm me you your contact/shipping info.

Thanks to everyone else who replied. I may put some more stuff up in the future.
Closed Thread