HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
3 axis flight stabilizer from HobbyKing - Orange

Does anyone have any experience with this $ 14.99 piece of gear. No instructions, got some info from reviews. I have flown a Hobbico MKIII 60 trainer with it installed and it does not function as a wing leveler as I had thought. It does keep the plane in a bank and holds what commands were entered from xmtr. Don't seem to be able to turn it off / on from spare channel. Doesn't mind power coming from ubec to receiver or to it (not both).
RC_SCHU is offline Find More Posts by RC_SCHU
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:25 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_SCHU View Post
Does anyone have any experience with this $ 14.99 piece of gear. No instructions, got some info from reviews. I have flown a Hobbico MKIII 60 trainer with it installed and it does not function as a wing leveler as I had thought. It does keep the plane in a bank and holds what commands were entered from xmtr. Don't seem to be able to turn it off / on from spare channel. Doesn't mind power coming from ubec to receiver or to it (not both).
It's simply a 3 axis gyro. There is no way to shut the unit off or adjust the gain from the transmitter. There are also no accelerometers so wing leveling is not in the cards. But for $15 ......

Although more expensive, you should consider the Eagle Tree Gardian or The FY30 if that's what you're after.
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr