SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:24 AM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Iam glad you decided to make it into a full airfoil wing Freddie. Iam doing the same on my BD-5 build and watching yours has helped me out some. I have never built a full wing with foam before and i want it to stay light but not light enough to fold up while flying. I am not a big fan of flat wings and i hope by doing a full wing airfoil it will give it some more lift and glide better on landing's .Looks great Freddie . joe
Hey Joe,

Thanks a lot, it means a bunch to have you appreciate my efforts and to pick up some tricks. I am giving you a link to a thread that I did a wing with two sheets of fff, one wooden spar, and all sanding is internal to the skins. If you look it over, you get a semi-symetrical wing, fairly thin for high speed flight, but gentle stall. Quick build too BTW. Best of all the center section is box shaped for real easy wing saddle cut outs. Try it sometime, It works great too, and I can make it even faster. Freddie B's Speed wing build link.

I also have my latest Pilot, the A-10's Jockey, in for paint and assembly already. I am having a "name that pilot contest". Do you want to be the first to vote? LOL..... Hahahahaha.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:14 AM
rcflyer
UK
Joined Jun 2010
846 Posts
Ok, cheers Fred. Build's looking good btw!

Jim
rcjim11 is offline Find More Posts by rcjim11
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:00 AM
Registered User
cracksmeup's Avatar
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post
Hey Joe,

Thanks a lot, it means a bunch to have you appreciate my efforts and to pick up some tricks. I am giving you a link to a thread that I did a wing with two sheets of fff, one wooden spar, and all sanding is internal to the skins. If you look it over, you get a semi-symetrical wing, fairly thin for high speed flight, but gentle stall. Quick build too BTW. Best of all the center section is box shaped for real easy wing saddle cut outs. Try it sometime, It works great too, and I can make it even faster. Freddie B's Speed wing build link.

I also have my latest Pilot, the A-10's Jockey, in for paint and assembly already. I am having a "name that pilot contest". Do you want to be the first to vote? LOL..... Hahahahaha.

Fred
Thanks for the speed wing link ,i will use info from it for sure. I have a good carpenter's eye (with my glasses on )when sanding and it should be fairly easy the way you did yours. Thanks again Freddie. I have had two or three pilots named after me in the last month or so and iam staying away from the name the pilot game. lmao joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:52 AM
Registered User
Boone, Iowa, United States
Joined Feb 2002
302 Posts
That site looks familiar when I take my 3.5 yr old and 9 month old shopping
denverone is online now Find More Posts by denverone
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:43 PM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverone View Post
That site looks familiar when I take my 3.5 yr old and 9 month old shopping
Surely you don't drive a hundred miles to shop at Costco? Or do you? Might be worth it!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:43 PM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
................................I have had two or three pilots named after me in the last month or so and iam staying away from the name the pilot game. lmao joe
Ahhhhh, must be nice to be so loved!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:51 PM
Registered User
Boone, Iowa, United States
Joined Feb 2002
302 Posts
Not Costco though Des Moines has one but target or walmart. It is amazing how kids can sucker dads into about anything.
denverone is online now Find More Posts by denverone
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:24 PM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverone View Post
Not Costco though Des Moines has one but target or walmart. It is amazing how kids can sucker dads into about anything.
Or Garndpa's! She lives with us, and no papa around, so I rate!

Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:28 PM
Registered User
Boone, Iowa, United States
Joined Feb 2002
302 Posts
That is funny (my kids grandpa is the same way) anyways better quit talking about the kids/grandkids and get back to working on some planes, LOL.
denverone is online now Find More Posts by denverone
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:37 PM
Registered User
cracksmeup's Avatar
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,454 Posts
I took my 6 year old grand daughter out to buy her new shoes and we were there picking them out for over a hour . We finaly decided to buy two pair but on the way to the check out she said its not good to buy new shoes with out a matching purse to go with it.lol A couple more hours going to another store for a new purse. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:51 PM
RC Adddict
Wilfor's Avatar
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,315 Posts
Freddie i really wonder how you get so much building done with a little one running around Name: IMG_4513-Optimized.jpg
Views: 69
Size: 136.8 KB
Description:

I really think you gotta try it with 3

Name: IMG_4514-Optimized.jpg
Views: 75
Size: 131.5 KB
Description:
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:18 PM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
I took my 6 year old grand daughter out to buy her new shoes and we were there picking them out for over a hour . We finaly decided to buy two pair but on the way to the check out she said its not good to buy new shoes with out a matching purse to go with it.lol A couple more hours going to another store for a new purse. joe
I have 3 daughters, 2 sons, 3 grand daughters. If your grand daughter is only 6, and wants a matching purse for her new shoes, then either her mother put her up to that or she is a born princess (lol). Either way YOU are in trouble buddy, she has many more years to wrap you tigher around her little finger. LOL Hahaha...... I will never give in......


Too funny!

F
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:30 PM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
Freddie i really wonder how you get so much building done with a little one running around Attachment 5137202

I really think you gotta try it with 3

Attachment 5137203
Wilfor, just way too cute. And I wonder if YOU ever get anything built! LOL My oldest kids were 1yr, 2 1/2yr, and 4yrs old 30 years ago. 21 months apart, then I had 2 more. So 5 kids all said and done 3 girls, 2 boys, girls won. LOL I remember those days..... carried all 3 in my arms at once, back when I was young and strong. Actually built a few airplanes now and then, but they were (ummm...... uh.....ummm) Balsa wood.

Time goes by so quick, enjoy, lovely family for sure. I too love my family lots and lots.

OK WHO's Complaining about thread derailment, huh??????? NOT ME! I actuall got some stuff done today and I am happy. I babysat too BTW, and got some work in during a nap. Photos coming!

So far the votes that came in for "name that pilot", are A. Joe, 7 votes, B. Bob, 1 vote, C. Roudolf, 1 vote, D. Mad Dog, 2 votes................

F
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:10 AM
Registered User
cracksmeup's Avatar
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,454 Posts
Freddie your killing me with this pilot voting .lol Hey tried your thin airfoil and it worked like a charm Freddie ,thanks again it sure beats making ribs and building one plus this airfoil should keep it moving fast like a BD-5 should. I still need to sand the edges but it turned out well with very little work. BTW the little box behind my fat hand is 12 inches long x 6 inches wide and i buy them from michals craft store for 2 bucks,great for holding clamps and i glued wood sections in one for my glue ,another one for screwdrivers.I know you made your own glue carryer freddie but this is fast and cheap with a carrying handle plus they are painted already . joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Last edited by cracksmeup; Sep 07, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:21 PM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Joe your wing looks great (a bit out of focus) but I can see the airfoil. Sand those edges and zoom, zoom, zoom. I love your little carpenter boxes from Michael's. I am sure will like the wing. Those that have tried it loke it!

The pilot voting is not going well if your name is Joe....... But if it isn't than that is OK. Should have cast your vote. We did get one more entry E. Penelope, 1 vote.


F
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion A-10 Wart Hawg Cartoon Fattie... Rusty-Gunn Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 335 May 15, 2014 07:24 PM
Discussion How to make fatty cartoon planes gonzalito Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 10 Apr 17, 2012 02:03 PM
Wanted Cartoon fattie planes LIZZAY Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Apr 13, 2012 01:06 PM