HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:17 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,377 Posts
I have seen guys make saftey switches out of deans plugs and there is a compnay that does make a safety plug but i lost their link. I remember when they had a switch on the esc's and thought they got rid of them because of cost . I just roll the dice and make sure everything is at low before i plug stuff in but i should start using plugs for safety. I set up my planes with the props off now after i had one take off in my living room last year and hit my older transmitter and cut one stick shorter than the other,plus i had to clean my shorts out . lmao joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Last edited by cracksmeup; Oct 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:46 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Joe, you are making me laugh again. And yes electrics are dangerous too, not just nitro birds!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:27 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts

Joined the elevator halves, and installed the hinges. Glued the assembed parts to the stabilizer. Then I tack glued tail end cap in position to sand it to final shape. Put a layer of light fiberglass and resin on the end cap since this is the easiest way to cover a compound curved part like this.

Fred

Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:34 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts

Time flys (also) LOL. With all the activity around home and Halloween, not to mention family and friends affected by Hurricane Sandy, not a lot of airplane stuff going on. So slowly I am working on applying the fuselage Silkspan covering and final panels and caps. SLOW is all I can say to describe it, and driving me crazy!

I have only 2 photos to show because who wants to see covering going on, LOL. First is I routed some foam out of the tail cap before gluing it into place. Then I fashoned a bottom front cover that I glued onto the fuselage, with the only treatment being the manila folder card stock and glass reinforcement because this butts up to the wing's LE when mounted.

I hope to finish the covering soon and start final assembly of the bits and pieces because it is time to move onto other projects that need completion (Walt and Dave)!

Fred