HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by So Cal Flyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:30 AM
Huntington Beach, Ca
Joined Feb 2010
27 Posts
Trader Rating: 45
Found
Winch Drum with Brake Groove

Looking for a sailplane winch drum that has the brake groove built into it that the brake belt fits into.

If anyone has one collecting dust in their garage or workshop they want to part with, please let me know.

Thanks
Scott
So Cal Flyer is offline Find More Posts by So Cal Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:15 AM
Glider Guy at Heart
United States, NY, Henrietta
Joined Aug 2003
12 Posts
Trader Rating: 57
Hey Scott - how is it going?

I am not sure of the setup you are using but I will offer you a used 4.5 inch drum - inside width is 4 inch wide and about 2.75 inch high from the inside diameter. It doesn't have a built in brake groove but I can give you a flywheel that will work with a brake belt that can be mounted on the shaft either side of the drum. If you are using a ford long shaft starter motor with a 6.25 inch long shaft this will work just fine. I used this setup on one of my winches and then decided I wanted a bigger drum that would hold more line for those really big flying fields.

I will give you the drum and fly wheel for free - all you have to do is pay for the shipping cost. If you do not find what you are looking for and decide you want to take me up on this offer, PM me your address and I will ship it to you. If you need a couple pictures let me know.

Take care,
Bill
AGENTWON is offline Find More Posts by AGENTWON
Last edited by AGENTWON; Aug 28, 2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: added picture
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:38 AM
Huntington Beach, Ca
Joined Feb 2010
27 Posts
Trader Rating: 45
Bill,

Sent you a PM back.

Thanks