HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:45 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,751 Posts
Discussion
Here's some change the GOP didn't see comming.

......Texas delegates planning floor mutiny over RNC rules changes

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/t...225837647.html

Quote:
"We truly consider that an infringement on our rights," Fredricks, a member of the rules committee,

I bet Rmoney has a bunch of other changes he'd like to make that wont sit well with others , even his own kind.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:08 AM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
183 Posts
There is no chance Paul can do anything other than split the vote and keep Obummer in office.
To bad his sheep dont understand that at this stage.
But sure they have the right to keep the delegates and ensure 0's victory,but they should be forced into forming their own short sighted alternative party the next time.
debogus is online now Find More Posts by debogus
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:12 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Blaenau Ffestiniog
Joined Feb 2005
1,847 Posts
The GOP just keeps on giving - loving their work so far - go TP go, you can absolutely finish MR's run!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:11 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Didn't anyone catch Rand Paul being interviewed last night (at the Rep. Convention) where he told Hannity that all Libertarians are now coming together to support Romney?

Rand Paul commented that too many Libertarians have sat out elections when they could easily have helped Republicans win in many districts.
He also said that, due to the importance of this election, Libertarians are coming together and will this time enthusiastically vote for Romney.

So the dust up intended by the OP is just more smoke and mirrors of the Left, hoping to cast doubt where there is none.
That must be one of Alinsky's Rules, but I don't know them by heart so I'm not sure which one.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Heh you think there upset now, wait till they start going after entitilments.
UlteriorModem is online now Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:09 PM
Not watchin from the sideline
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
Didn't anyone catch Rand Paul being interviewed last night (at the Rep. Convention) where he told Hannity that all Libertarians are now coming together to support Romney?

Rand Paul commented that too many Libertarians have sat out elections when they could easily have helped Republicans win in many districts.
He also said that, due to the importance of this election, Libertarians are coming together and will this time enthusiastically vote for Romney.

So the dust up intended by the OP is just more smoke and mirrors of the Left, hoping to cast doubt where there is none.
That must be one of Alinsky's Rules, but I don't know them by heart so I'm not sure which one.
Uhhh Huhh, sure they are.
Yeaman is offline Find More Posts by Yeaman
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeaman View Post
Uhhh Huhh, sure they are.
You evidently didn't personally see the interview.

Rand Paul was specifically referring to "chapters" of Libertarians that have been in touch and who are actively bringing Libertarian members on board to support Romney.

If you don't believe that, that's your problem.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:49 PM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
You evidently didn't personally see the interview.

Rand Paul was specifically referring to "chapters" of Libertarians that have been in touch and who are actively bringing Libertarian members on board to support Romney.

If you don't believe that, that's your problem.
I think he was disagreeing with your assent. As do I.

You're welcome to think everything in hunky-dory in conservative land, but I'd bet my wages this week it ain't so. Not because Republicans are somehow prone to disagreement, but because all people are.

You guys hear about the Democrat convention blocking out women with children? Its nice to know that "stupid" seems to be evenly distributed amongst the parties.
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:34 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay View Post
I think he was disagreeing with your assent. As do I.

You're welcome to think everything in hunky-dory in conservative land, but I'd bet my wages this week it ain't so. Not because Republicans are somehow prone to disagreement, but because all people are.

You guys hear about the Democrat convention blocking out women with children? Its nice to know that "stupid" seems to be evenly distributed amongst the parties.
Your statement is a bit inaccurate as written. I don't believe you meant it as written.

From what I was told by a female friend who supports the "no children" thing, there are a limited number of seats, and for every seat a child takes an adult can't come.

This isn't a family event - it's a political convention. For adults. Women with children can come - just leave the kids at home. I don't see a problem with that.
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:15 PM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
325 Posts
Ron Paul is at the GOP convention to show his support for Romney/Ryan as i type this. His son is there to speak as well. Good try.
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:17 PM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
325 Posts
Quote:

I did, and you are correct sir.
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:44 PM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
Your statement is a bit inaccurate as written. I don't believe you meant it as written.

From what I was told by a female friend who supports the "no children" thing, there are a limited number of seats, and for every seat a child takes an adult can't come.

This isn't a family event - it's a political convention. For adults. Women with children can come - just leave the kids at home. I don't see a problem with that.
One of my friends is high up in the local chapter of NOW, and she had a different take on it. AFAICT kids don't take up any more seats than the same number of adults. If child care was offered (which I understand is common at large conventions) then this would be a non-issue. I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason why child care has not been offered, but it doesn't look good regardless. Its hard to claim the "party of inclusion" high ground, especially for women, if you don't in fact occupy it.
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:50 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,712 Posts
The RNC will be a big tent, they just won't allow the interlopers in.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:50 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay View Post
One of my friends is high up in the local chapter of NOW, and she had a different take on it. AFAICT kids don't take up any more seats than the same number of adults. If child care was offered (which I understand is common at large conventions) then this would be a non-issue. I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason why child care has not been offered, but it doesn't look good regardless. Its hard to claim the "party of inclusion" high ground, especially for women, if you don't in fact occupy it.
I see your point, especially regarding the childcare issue. Given the importance of the female vote in this election and how it is mobilizing daily against the GOP ticket, this does seem like a D blunder. That may change.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by winndaddy View Post
Ron Paul is at the GOP convention to show his support for Romney/Ryan as i type this. His son is there to speak as well. Good try.
I wonder how anyone could possibly know what ALL Libertarins are going to do? Answer - they can't & don't.

Especially since at least 2 on this board alone have said for months they won't be voting for the GOP ticket.

Although one is predictably wavering. That was a given, though.
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,751 Posts
I just wish the Repubs would tell us what their aggenda is, other than " We're not sure,but It's not what those guys are doing."

And I do believe it's funny how some of the most devout Conservatives are putting distance between Rmoney and themselves.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot