HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!!!!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
2,990 Posts
Discussion
Hitec Optic 6 Sport TX battery plug type

I've done some searching, and found a picture only of the tx battery connector, but what is it's official name? I'd like to find a matching female plug in order to use my field charger directly to the removed battery. I like to use the discharge/charge feature to see what kind of capacity has been used/replenished.
I would try to bypass the charging diode to allow direct connection to the charge port, but you never know when a brief lapse and reverse connection fries the whole thing.
cityevader is online now Find More Posts by cityevader
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader View Post
I've done some searching, and found a picture only of the tx battery connector, but what is it's official name? I'd like to find a matching female plug in order to use my field charger directly to the removed battery. I like to use the discharge/charge feature to see what kind of capacity has been used/replenished. I would try to bypass the charging diode to allow direct connection to the charge port, but you never know when a brief lapse and reverse connection fries the whole thing.
Please refer to all information and pictures under:
Hitec Aurora, Eclipse, Flash, Optic & Prism series TX - Lipo and Field / Fast Charging
extract:
"6) Transmitter Battery Plug for Aurora, Eclipse 7, Optic 6, Flash, Prism, Laser & Focus series:
Mini Elmec made by: Kyocera Elco - Series 8263 Specification Sheet
[A Retail Example: Hitec Tx Male Connector Amperage Rating: 5 Amps, Wire Size: 22awg, Leads: 8"]

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:31 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!!!!
Joined Mar 2012
2,990 Posts
Well, there's pictures of dimensions, but I was curious about what it actually is called...however, I guess it doesn't really matter. Smacking my forehead since it didn't even occur to me to just put a regular JST connector inline, or even a regular rx pack connector...i have both, duh.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader View Post
Well, there's pictures of dimensions, but I was curious about what it actually is called...however, I guess it doesn't really matter. Smacking my forehead since it didn't even occur to me to just put a regular JST connector inline, or even a regular rx pack connector...i have both, duh.
"I was curious about what it actually is called....however, I guess it doesn't really matter"
As in post #2 it is a "Mini Elmec", made by Kyocera Elco.
Very common in many Korean made TV, VCR< DVD players etc.

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:28 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,905 Posts
The proper Hitec plug has the advantage of being polarized(it goes in only one way,unless you force it). That type of socket is availlable in any well stocked electronic parts store, an ordinary jst or servo plug will fit as the pins pitch is also .100" but it can easily be inserted the wrong way which might be a problem if your charger doesn't have reverse polarity protection!
coriolan is online now Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:05 PM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,605 Posts
Add a futaba servo connector and the other end into the line and you won't mess up re: polarization due to the tab!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:57 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!!!!
Joined Mar 2012
2,990 Posts
Yup, definitely easiest to just put an inline JST or servo plug.
As to the name of the plug, there wasn't any in the link. Alan has amassed an amazing wealth of knowledge in his database of links, and I'm kicking myself for failing to look there first in other things I was searching for. However, the link provided kinda had me spinning circles. It wasn't until I read it three or four times before I realized it was only sort of there in the first sentence.
To be more specific, what I should have been looking for wasn't what I was asking for. Instead of asking for what the connector is called so I could go off and search on my own, I should have been asking if/where one was available. Sure enough, the very first sentence in his link gives a part # for what I was originally looking for.

Good thing I pre-edited my post before being a smart-alek and tsk-ing Alan for saying he gave a name when he didn't...he did better than that preemptively and gave me a part #!!