HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:57 PM
Fly R/C writer
Redlands, Ca
Joined Dec 2004
1,941 Posts
Hey, anybody...

Reto is arriving at LA International on Friday night, like 10:00pm. Can anybody help him out with a ride from there to the Inland Empire? He will have a sport tube and his luggage.

Wait a minute...he doesn't need his luggage. Okay, he will have his sport tube and himself. Shed some weight, pal!

But really, if anyone can give him some help with traveling over, let me know.

Mike
mlee8249 is offline Find More Posts by mlee8249
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:32 AM
Team USA F3F Member
USA, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2011
1,117 Posts
Volunteer timing

Mike,

ok, like I had mentioned, I have a couple of people that will be coming out to help during the weekend.

What time should I tell them to be there? 8 a.m. ? Is there going to be time set aside to train them? It doesn't look like we have enough pilots to do four ups. Are you assuming 3 ups for distance? or are we doing 4 ups with a buy for the team of two every once and a while?

And what can I tell the volunteers about food? Are we making sure they are fed and watered throughout the day? I am more than willing to pitch in to make sure that happens...

Thanks,

Tim
ttraver is offline Find More Posts by ttraver
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:04 AM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,197 Posts
Tim,

We will be doing 4 up. First flights at 8 am. This will be duration. Ideally training will happen on Friday. For volunteers that can't make it out Friday, they will be have to be trained as we go.

Mike is planning on making arrangements for food for the volunteers.

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,037 Posts
GOOD NEWS!.........

Mike Murphy will be coming as a pilot and will fly with Dyno Don and Paul! Yahooo...... So now all teams will have 4 pilots. :-)

Thank you Mike Murphy!

K
Kyle Paulson is online now Find More Posts by Kyle Paulson
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:28 AM
Fly R/C writer
Redlands, Ca
Joined Dec 2004
1,941 Posts
Hi Tim,

Yeah, what he said...TK that is...Basically, the most important thing about helping is to keep your eyes on your plane and nothing else. I was out helping one time, thinking, ahhh, no sweat! Just have to watch my plane and.....Oops! Where did my plane go? So, if they can do that, they have 90% of the training done.

For anyoe who does not know how to navigate to the flying site, here are some quick and dirty directions:

Coming from the North (from Moreno Valley or Riverside) from I-215/I-60, go south on I-215 towards San Diego. Exit on 4th Street in Perris. At the top of the exit, turn left (east) over the freeway and proceed to the stop sign intersection. Turn right and travel approximately one mile. You will come to a slight dip in the road (yes it will fill with water when it rains hard), and there you will turn right on to the dirt road going to the field. I will have direction signs posted.

Arriving from the South (from San Diego), get off on the 4th Street exit in Perris and turn right at the top of the ramp. Go to the stop sign intersection and turn right. Follow the signs as above.

If you get lost, send up some smoke signals. Be aware that some people may want you to get lost. Not my problem. Note that there will not be a person camping out on the field on Thursday night, so do not leave any equipment on the field. I guarantee the gophers will take it. No open fires allowed. (I know, there ain't nothing to burn, but them are the rules!) No firearms. No cow tipping (there ain't no cows anyway). I'll see you on the beach.

Mike Lee
mlee8249 is offline Find More Posts by mlee8249
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,037 Posts
Are we allowed to swim there?
Kyle Paulson is online now Find More Posts by Kyle Paulson
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:06 PM
Team USA F3F Member
USA, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2011
1,117 Posts
oh crap....

So, looking at the weather, turns out that the Santa Ana winds are going to hit us starting Thursday, and possibly going through late Saturday morning...

Which means that Friday might be a complete bust for practice. We might get in some practice tomorrow before it arrives, but Friday could have 50mph hot winds coming from the East...

They say it is supposed to die down Late Saturday morning. Lets hope so!

RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Jul 2002
537 Posts
Tim,

You have to come prepared, like 1.6 line or doubling up 1.0

There is always plan B as long as Kyle stays at the field
http://www.regencymovies.com/dateDet...ate=2012-10-26

G
Glauco is offline Find More Posts by Glauco
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:47 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,197 Posts
National weather service forecast doesn't look that bad - windy, but not impossible conditions.

Thursday Sunny, with a high near 82. Light northeast wind becoming north 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 53. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Friday Sunny, with a high near 85. Northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:51 PM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Paulson View Post
GOOD NEWS!.........

Mike Murphy will be coming as a pilot and will fly with Dyno Don and Paul! Yahooo...... So now all teams will have 4 pilots. :-)

Thank you Mike Murphy!

K

Better make sure everyone has hard hats and full protective gear for when I fly speed.....it's been a while.
Smurfmacaw is offline Find More Posts by Smurfmacaw
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:58 PM
Team USA F3F Member
USA, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2011
1,117 Posts
Sorry guys, I'm not trying to be a pessimist. Actually, I am an optimist at heart...

I wanna practice all day Thursday and Friday!

I sure hope those Santa Ana's are mild!

It does mean that the wind directions are gonna go back and forth, so it ough to be interesting!!!

See you guys tomorrow!

t
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:03 PM
Team USA F3F Member
USA, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2011
1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Paulson View Post
GOOD NEWS!.........

Thank you Mike Murphy!

K
Awesome Murph!!! Bring those Targets out to play!!!!!!

I'm already bringing my crash helmet for when Klein flies...I'll tell you the story when I see ya...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:11 PM
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Feb 2004
1,494 Posts
Guys,

I will try and make it out for at least one day to help...unsure which day as of right now.

Regards,

Brandon
Brandon is offline Find More Posts by Brandon
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:53 PM
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Aug 2004
1,830 Posts
Hmm, my other post vanished. Mike Lee, I sent you a PM. I am offering a ride for Reto, if he is in need. I am also trying to make it to the event, and will be helper, just cant say what day yet...
WD

so are you saying I need a skidlid and vest????
concreteman is offline Find More Posts by concreteman
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:58 PM
F3B and F3K
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2009
1,598 Posts
Warren, if you can help me out with a ride that would be great. Sending PM.

@all: that lil wind should not scare you guys, same deal as at the Gator, no question how much ballast is needed.

Reto
RetoF3X is online now Find More Posts by RetoF3X
RCG Plus Member