HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:51 AM
Martin
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined May 2005
308 Posts
Trophy for DZ

DZ
I changed my mind now that you are famous.
Mart

PS Does the hat the cute girl is wearing really say "BiteMe"?
mrfski is online now Find More Posts by mrfski
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:26 AM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,913 Posts
Dave, I think that team shot you called Team MKS should be Team SUSA!!! I am not a team MKS guy

M
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:28 AM
Eggcellent...
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,447 Posts
Yes. It was a Joe's Crab Shack hat IIRC...that is their slogan.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfski View Post
Does the hat the cute girl is wearing really say "BiteMe"?
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:38 AM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2010
1,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B View Post
Dave, I think that team shot you called Team MKS should be Team SUSA!!! I am not a team MKS guy

M
Mike:

Thanks, made correction.

Dave
David Olson is online now Find More Posts by David Olson
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:21 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,739 Posts
USA F3B Team 2012

Congratulations guys, great job!

L to R:

David Klein, Tom Kiesling, Darrell Zaballos and alternate Mike Lachowski.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:24 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,232 Posts
Thanks!

I wanted to thank everyone that made this TS possible.

First I want to thank the Riverside club and the SCAMPS for letting us take over their field for 5 days. This was very generous of them. Thanks to Robert Cavasos for making this happen.

Thanks to Steve and Ed for doing guard duty on Friday and Saturday night. Being able to leave our stuff out there was a huge time saver.

A big thanks to all the people that came out to help and push buttons. Without you, none of this would have happened. You all did a fantastic job! The community is grateful for your service.

A huge thanks goes to Mike Lee for agreeing to be the CD. I asked him to be the CD because, even though he had no F3B experience, I knew that he was organized, would take the job seriously, and he cares deeply for the US FAI Soaring teams. He did not disappoint! Thanks Mike for doing a fantastic job. You really went above and beyond what any of us could hope for.

I also want to thank my team, Glauco Lago, Dave Klein, and Kyle Paulson. I was recovering from a case of the flu all weekend and my team literally took care of the heavy lifting. Of course it is always great working with them as a team. Having a team that works as hard for you as you do for them is invaluable. I feel very fortunate to be able to work with them. Thanks guys!

I also want to thank my sponsors, MKS and Soaring USA. Thomas Cooke and MKS servos keep my models equipped with the most precise and quickest servos available. The precision and accuracy of these servos truly lets me get every last bit of performance out of my model. Bob at Soaring USA brings the community some of the top F3B models available. I couldn't be happier with the performance of my Baudis Fosa. It is clearly one of the top F3B models available and there is no other F3B model I would prefer to fly.

Lastly, I want to thank all the pilots that came out to compete. It was great flying with all of you. Mike Smith once again showed what a great all around soaring pilot he is. He got to attack the speed course and lay down the fastest time of the contest. Kyle of course demonstrated again that he is the ultimate competitor. His focus, intensity, and consistency is really impressive to see. Mike Lachowski once again demonstrated that he is fantastic in distance strategy. His team was always a threat on the distance course. My teammate Dave Klein gets the most heart award. After having a really bad start on Saturday, he didn't get down about it. He showed a lot of resolve and fought his way back onto the team with some gutsy speed runs. Darrell Zaballos did some fantastic flying all weekend. He was super consistent and did exactly what he needed to do. I'm always impressed with how cleanly Reto flies the distance and speed course. It is really pretty to watch. I'm really glad Thomas Cooke and Paul Sherman came out to fly. It has been a long time since both of them flew F3B and I hope to see them at more contests. Once they knock the rust off they will bring a lot more depth to the community. Tim Traver gets the most improved award. With just a little more work he will be a consistent threat on the speed course. Don did a fantastic job all weekend. His speed runs have improved dramatically and with just a little more work he will be laying down 15's and 16's on a consistent basis. Mike Murphy, thanks for coming out and flying with us! I was impressed with how well you did considering you haven't flown for so long. I really hope you can get out and fly on a regular basis now that you once again got a taste of how much fun F3B is!

I'm really looking forward to practicing with my team and going to Germany. I think that this team will work very well together and we have the depth to have a good showing.

Thanks again everyone!

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:29 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Olson View Post
Congratulations guys, great job!

L to R:

David Klein, Tom Kiesling, Darrell Zaballos and alternate Mike Lachowski.
Thanks Dave!
Thanks for coming out and working the turnarounds. This was a huge help!
Without you and Glauco there would have been a ton of cut lines with all the crosswind conditions. You really helped keep things moving smoothly.

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,739 Posts
Team USA Winners

Award Ceremony.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:13 PM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewatson View Post
But Murph...Sunday night at dinner you were on the horse. We all saw it and someone has the pics to prove it.

Tom
Yikes!
Smurfmacaw is offline Find More Posts by Smurfmacaw
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Jul 2002
540 Posts
I also didn't record many videos but here is the last speed run for Mike Smith flying smoothly his beautiful Pike Precision, as seen from the turnarounds.

2012 TS F3B Speed Run (0 min 51 sec)

By the way you can also see David Olson's speed run at the end

G
Glauco is offline Find More Posts by Glauco
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:48 PM
Team USA F3F Member
USA, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2011
1,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfmacaw View Post
Yikes!
I have those pics Mike, but I'll keep them just in case I ever need to pull that trump card...

t
ttraver is online now Find More Posts by ttraver
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:56 PM
Eggcellent...
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,447 Posts
Has anyone heard from Lachowski? His flight status on Monday was uncertain due to the storm. Hope everything is OK with him and his family.

Tom
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:21 PM
Team USA F3F Member
USA, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2011
1,138 Posts
Ok, so its already been said, but I figure I would put my 2 cents in...

I'm still on a glider high two days after...I had such a good time. If we could just forget the first day, then it would have been perfect for me...

Mike Lee, you stepped in to the frying pan with this group, and held your own. Thank you for that. And thank you Tom for doing the other parts to organize this comp to happen at Perris. I hope that our thanks get received by the Riverside RC club and SCAMPS for letting us use the field. It worked out perfectly. The location was great, and the weather worked out.

Thanks to all the pilots that came out. I think we all know that the more pilots that show up, the better and easier the competition can go for everyone.

And of course, like everyone else, thank you to all of the helpers that came out to push buttons. We simply cannot do it without your help. period. Sherpa, dude...driving 70 miles every day to help was just rad...Ed and the rest of the gang, awesome to meet you and we appreciate all you sacrificed to be there too.

Glauco and Dave, Wow. As pilots yourselves to come out and take turnaround duty is so selfless. I know. We went to China to do the same thing. Sometimes its painful to be out there, all by yourself, wanting to know anything about what's going on during the actual flights...I feel your pain boys, but you are the reason why there were very few line breaks for everyone. Thanks!

My teammates rock. Mike, thanks for your unselfish wisdom and constructive help with my flying, and DZ, your patience and cool. We came together as a team real well, and it showed in our stride. We won every heat of the last round of distance on Sunday! how cool is that?!?!

Kyle, Tom and Dave, you guys are still a formidable team, and are consistently ones to beat. When you're on top, you are everyone's target. I feel like a david to your goliath. If only I could find your Achilles heel...

Mike, Reto and Thomas. For traveling as far as you did, and Thomas for not having done this for a while, you guys were always pushing everyone else.

Paul, Don and Mike. For hardly meeting each other and last minute preps and putting together a lot of equipment, you guys did great! Come out and practice with me and we will all get better fast...Mike, I'm glad you decided to come and fly.

I'd like to thank Bob at SoaringUSA for bringing in the great models that me and my team were using, and I personally love the MKS servos.

Maybe they will sponsor me one day when I get on the team...

Thanks everyone for a great time. Looking forward to the next competition (The Gator?) I hope we can figure out a way to have more. I may have to revive the Speed MOM format to get our fix...

Tim
ttraver is online now Find More Posts by ttraver
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:35 PM
F3B and F3K
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2009
1,606 Posts
Can someone post the final scores as a PDF? I think with the last speed runs I should have come close to Lachowski... I need a greencard.

Mike is fine, he will get a flight later this week, so he has enough time to check out new B planes at SUSA.

Reto
RetoF3X is online now Find More Posts by RetoF3X
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:27 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetoF3X View Post
I need a greencard.

Reto