SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
So I finally got my replacement parts and the elevators they sent me are clearly used and from a crashed plane... They are MORE curved than the one I got with the new plane and one has some broken hinges in it and the clevis half ripped off and has a bent corner and scratches on it.. And the other one has the clevis completely removed (Pulled out) and has had hinges in it and is also marked up and VERY curved...

What the hell guys. You have always been good to me with issues. This needs to be addressed.

Also, the gyro is acting like the one 'itsjeffrey' has. Moves slowly back to center (And in general the control surfaces do not move very fast at all, almost like slow motion!) and then it needs to be straight and not sideways in order for the surfaces to react correctly.

Please advise and tell me you will fix this as it just isn't acceptable. And don't tell me I need to wait for another 5-7 days as I already waited that long and I WAS SHIPPED USED BROKEN PARTS and a gryo that clearly has issues.
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:34 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
Banana Hobby F35 gyro issues (1 min 49 sec)

This is what mine does. Is this what everyone else's does??
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi bluemeane! In regards to the gyro concern, I've responded to your original thread. As for the discrepancies with the replacement Elevators and hinges, I have arranged for a CSR to get in touch with you to resolve that issue. Please check your email soon. Thanks! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
gyro setup info BS2X 2 axis Blitzrcwork gyro solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYqF7...9op3nKABiiGjcg

This is what mine does. Is this what everyone else's does??
Mine does the same thing, I had to install it in forward direction, not as Pete set it cross way. You have to turn off all the mixing, V-tail, delta options on your radio. Mine moves back the servos slow, too. Just like your video, BUT

as soon as you roll, move the plane the gyro acts and the slow motion disappear. So try it holding the plane move it and see what happens.

This behavior looks unusual first, but it is Ok, it works. I was sceptical, too, but then I did fly my F-35 and it was fine. Just make sure the gyro is correcting the right direction and the gain is adjusted. The slow returning motion is "normal" , if you roll, turn it during this slow state it will move back fast.

let me know if you have questions. check out my upcoming youtube video helijatek F-35 with 2 axis gyro Blitzrcworks from bananahobby.com
helijatek is offline Find More Posts by helijatek
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
take into account the gyro, too

[QUOTE=itsjeffrey;22833285]I don't think you understand what i am saying. The movement on behalf of the gyro (As in when the gyro takes over) moves fast. It is MY CONTROL that doesn't move back.

So for example, say I am straight and level and I pull back to make the plane pull up, when I let go the plane will keep pulling up for 3-5 seconds before moving back to not pulling up... (So Say I want to pull back and go straight up from level flight, by the time the elevator moves back to neutral I won't be going straight up I would most likely be flying inverted and pointing the opposite direction as the surface will stay "up" long after I let go.

---this would be correct, but at the moment you let the stick go, the plane is still turning --> gyro activated, so the elevetor will move fast back. so it will not do inverted flight. beleive me, I went through the same logic first.
when you test it on the table the gyros are not activated, so elevetor surfaces move back very slow.

if you dial down the gain all the way, surfaces move back fast.(of course gyro is off)

if you increase the gain, but leave it on the table (gyro is not active) surfaces move back slow. (it is okay, this in not the real test, plane rotates in the air)

if you increase the gain, but keep it in you hand and shake it a bit as it would be in the air during flight (gyro activated) it will move back fast.

hope this helps. I just went and pushed it in the air my mini F-35 and it worked like a charm. check it out ---helijatek--- F-35 on youtube
helijatek is offline Find More Posts by helijatek
Old May 05, 2013, 01:11 PM
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi bluemeane! Please refer to my previous post above. I've also attached a copy of the gyro's manual. -Seba
My challenge is that I am getting this slow moving behavior in flight.
davidjonesxl is offline Find More Posts by davidjonesxl
Last edited by davidjonesxl; May 05, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old May 10, 2013, 05:59 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjonesxl View Post
Good afternoon davidjonesxl.
With the slow moving behavior, that is normal as the gyro is there to make sure that the aircraft is stable. If you do wish for it to to be faster, you would need to remove the gyro. - Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old May 10, 2013, 06:36 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined May 2013
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjonesxl View Post
Yeah.. what Nancy said is right. It is normal and that function is designed for those who are beginners to the EDFs but it is a bit aggressive when trying to level out. If you want to change it a bit though, try changing the sensitivity on the gyro by using a flathead screwdriver to turn the dial pods. That will adjust your gain and you'll be able to feel the difference when in flight.
DeSong is offline Find More Posts by DeSong
Old May 21, 2013, 11:36 AM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Six flights on the Banana Hobby mini F-22

What a cool little model. After a 25 year layoff, I got some updated experience with a powered glider type trainer, then bought this one. How things have changed! Took a while to figure out the correct gyro orientation which was with the wire leads facing forward, contrary to instructions in the BlitzRC gyro manual. With the gain pots set at about 1/3 up from zero, I get a nice stable platform in up to 10 mph winds (not too gusty). I've tried both S2 dip switch settings and don't see much difference, but that could be attributed to my lack of resent flying time.

Not surprisingly, I did manage to stall out on the second flight which resulted in a rebuild on everything forward of the intakes, but none of the broken foam was bent too much and I used a hot glue gun (sparingly) and got it pretty close to the original shape.

As others have noted, a good healthy upward heave at launch (maybe 10 degrees or so) gives it enough energy to get up to flying speed. I wouldn't cruise around at less that half throttle. Anything above that and you're good to go. Since I ugly upped the nose, I used some Testors spray enamal (camo gray on top, flat black on bottom) on the entire plane. That helped me with orientation.

Looks awesome in flight.
SC Bill is offline Find More Posts by SC Bill
Last edited by SC Bill; May 25, 2013 at 05:55 AM.
Old May 24, 2013, 03:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
468 Posts
Just ordered mine today- seen many good reviews about this jet..
Turbobearcat is offline Find More Posts by Turbobearcat
Old Aug 11, 2013, 08:27 PM
Joined Aug 2011
468 Posts
ON THE LINKAGE - where did everybody up theres on the control surfaces?

The servo arm is what I am asking to which hole did you up the rod for the Elevator or Ailerons.

Sorry just realized this was for the F-22 and not F-35 for which the question is really for..
Turbobearcat is offline Find More Posts by Turbobearcat
Last edited by Turbobearcat; Aug 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:25 AM
DONT PANIC! :)
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Jan 2012
1,902 Posts
Is there an actual thread for this plane?
out of stock is offline Find More Posts by out of stock
Old Jul 09, 2014, 10:14 PM
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
F22 gyro installation

Does anyone have pictures as to where and how they installed their gyro? I have attempted to bend the leads up but I can't really find a good location to mount it perpendicular to the axis of the plane.
RichSam is offline Find More Posts by RichSam